Are Bosch fridge freezers any good?

Found 21st Jun 2017
I don't want the Beko thats in this flat it worries me although its not one of the faulty ones, i emailed Beko about it getting hot between the doors they said i may need an engineer to visit I've asked them how much that'll cost but i don't know, it belongs to the landlord but its still working and if I did get a new one out of him it would be the cheapest money can buy, possibly second hand so probably another beko or candy.

I'm looking at AO looking at some Siemens and Bosch ones are they ok safety wise?

I don't think tne landlord would give a stuff if i replace it myself as long as it doesn't cost him anything.

26 Comments

Bosch and Siemens are both quality brands. More expensive than some (e.g. Beko) but sometimes you do actually get what you pay for!

99.999% of all fridges are safe. They wouldn't be allowed to sell them if they weren't. I had a beko for years and it didn't blow up. What do you mean by hot between the doors exactly? Surely if it was hot, the food would spoil. I have a Samsung at the moment by the way and am happy enough with it

I have had a built in Beko fridge freezer for 4 years without any problems. Interested to hear your comment about getting hot. Went and checked mine, pleased say same temperature as other doors. Just a bit warmer than cold, but you would have not noticed unless warned in advance! I had a Bosch fridge freezer for many years in an previous house without any problems. Maybe you have been unlucky. A lot of domestic appliances are much cheaper in real terms than 20 years ago, and for a buy to let, it is often cheaper to buy a cheap brand, and bin it after a couple of years. Not sure how environmentally friendly this is, but someone has to keep the Chinese workers busy.

Ideally need an expansion of the description of "it getting hot between the doors" as there is likely a perfectly rational (and safe) explanation of the suspected issue that may not require any attention.

I have a Bosch fridge freezer, a beko fridge and a beko chest freezer , at the end of the day they all do the same thing- keep the food cold/frozen!

Beko fridge is integrated in the kitchen and the Bosch fridge freezer and chest freezer is in the shed, no problems with any of them.

As others have said a bit more explanation about the getting hot between the doors would be helpful unless of course you're being over dramatic as you sometimes can be

My dishwasher is also Bosch
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 21st Jun 2017

have had all bosch white goods since 2006,including fridge/freezer,dryer,washing machine, dishwasher, freezer,and all still in good working order,no faults to date

Can't vouch for the models nowadays, but have had a Bosch freezer for around 18 years with no trouble.

Can't fault a bosch. Still using the same fridge freezer since 2002. Not a single issue with it.

I also have Bosch stuff, when I first moved out my parents I bought cheap appliances, they were ok for a couple of years, I replaced them with Bosch and they have been faultless. My under counter fridge does kick out some warmth from behind it though.

Original Poster

It gets very hot at an exact place, its between the freezer and fridge doors at the front, almost to hot to touch I know they are spost to get warm there but not like touching a kettle that got boiled a few mins ago, I've lived here 6 years and beko would charge for an engineer so I'm not sure if it's even worth it, I think its A rated, I can get a A++ rated for £250 that'll save £30+ a year on bills and give me the piece of mind of not having an old Beko in here I think it was new when we moved in

cliveses1

have had all bosch white goods since 2006,including … have had all bosch white goods since 2006,including fridge/freezer,dryer,washing machine, dishwasher, freezer,and all still in good working order,no faults to date

Considering designs, materials and manufacturing processes change frequently and certainly will likely have changed a number of times since 2006, we will not know the comparable reliability of current Bosch items until 2028. Watch this space...

Error440

It gets very hot at an exact place, its between the freezer and fridge … It gets very hot at an exact place, its between the freezer and fridge doors at the front, almost to hot to touch I know they are spost to get warm there but not like touching a kettle that got boiled a few mins ago, I've lived here 6 years and beko would charge for an engineer so I'm not sure if it's even worth it, I think its A rated, I can get a A++ rated for £250 that'll save £30+ a year on bills and give me the piece of mind of not having an old Beko in here I think it was new when we moved in

Is there a display or control panel at or adjacent to the spot that is hot?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Is there a display or control panel at or adjacent to the spot that is … Is there a display or control panel at or adjacent to the spot that is hot?

No it doesn't have anything like that

For sure, very good quality product. Beko is no good as we have one at home but my husband bought it and he knows nothing about kitchen appliances. Beko is basic and works basically but I would not buy it again.

Other fridge makes are also good, not just bosch. Hotpoint is a good make for fridge freezer if you want to look at other brands as well. I would definately recommend self defrosting fridge freezers as it is a nightmare to manually defrost the freezer.

Error440

It gets very hot at an exact place, its between the freezer and fridge … It gets very hot at an exact place, its between the freezer and fridge doors at the front, almost to hot to touch I know they are spost to get warm there but not like touching a kettle that got boiled a few mins ago...

AndyRoyd

Is there a display or control panel at or adjacent to the spot that is … Is there a display or control panel at or adjacent to the spot that is hot?

Error440

No it doesn't have anything like that

The effect you are experiencing is an anti-condensation feature (yoder loop) that is more noticeable during periods of high ambient temperatures. If you purchase any other f/f it will likely have the same design, including Bosch models. Extreme heat is unusual though and may indicate the unit may benefit from a very light clean of the "mesh" at the rear and / or increased ventilation to the rear of the unit. Extreme cases may have defective condenser fan / motor function.

Anything made by Bosch is good quality and will last. Its German after all.

zirk21 m ago

Anything made by Bosch is good quality and will last. Its German after all.

Bosch washing machine dont tend to last any more than other washing machines these days Bosch is still good, but not as good as they used to be.

mutley1

Bosch washing machine dont tend to last any more than other washing … Bosch washing machine dont tend to last any more than other washing machines these days Bosch is still good, but not as good as they used to be.

Fair do's on the Washing Machine. if its based on your own experiences, personally all the Bosch stuff Ive had has out lasted most other makes.

Shouldn't be a problem for the OP though as there after a Fridge, rather than something to wash clothes.

zirk2 m ago

Fair do's on the Washing Machine. if its based on your own experiences, …Fair do's on the Washing Machine. if its based on your own experiences, personally all the Bosch stuff Ive had has out lasted most other makes. Shouldn't be a problem for the OP though as there after a Fridge, rather than something to wash clothes.

As i own a few properties, i am forever buying white goods for them and i have noticed the deterioration of the bosch washing machine's longevity over the years as I tend to buy bosch for their reliability. However, nowadays i buy bosch for the quality but not the longevity.

mutley1

For sure, very good quality product. Beko is no good as we have one at … For sure, very good quality product. Beko is no good as we have one at home but my husband bought it and he knows nothing about kitchen appliances. Beko is basic and works basically but I would not buy it again.Other fridge makes are also good, not just bosch. Hotpoint is a good make for fridge freezer if you want to look at other brands as well. I would definately recommend self defrosting fridge freezers as it is a nightmare to manually defrost the freezer.

My beko one actually has a better energy rating than the Bosch one I have.

It does the job well and have not had any problems with it. It wasn't the cheapest model in the range as I needed an integrated one. Happy with it so far.

I have just replaced a 10 year old very expensive hotpoint fridge freezer. To me a fridge, is a fridge. As long as it keeps food cold, doesn't cost a fortune to run and is easily cleaned then I'm happy. I'm willing to pay a lot of money for some appliances however a fridge is at the bottom of the list.

I have a Bosch fridge/freezer and a beko chest freezer in the shed. Had to buy ones specifically for storage outside which wasn't very easy in the sizes I wanted.

takethatfan19783 h, 14 m ago

My beko one actually has a better energy rating than the Bosch one I …My beko one actually has a better energy rating than the Bosch one I have.It does the job well and have not had any problems with it. It wasn't the cheapest model in the range as I needed an integrated one. Happy with it so far.I have just replaced a 10 year old very expensive hotpoint fridge freezer. To me a fridge, is a fridge. As long as it keeps food cold, doesn't cost a fortune to run and is easily cleaned then I'm happy. I'm willing to pay a lot of money for some appliances however a fridge is at the bottom of the list.I have a Bosch fridge/freezer and a beko chest freezer in the shed. Had to buy ones specifically for storage outside which wasn't very easy in the sizes I wanted.

I have a few beko fridges at the properties, including my own home and to me, i can definitely notice the quality difference to the hotpoint or bosch i have for example. however they are cheaper and they work fine as you say so if you just want one that works then beko suits the purpose but if you want more than just something that works then beko is not for you.

You may ask what more do you want from a fridge, and i don't know the answer, but i just know that the next fridge freezer we buy at home will not be a beko as this time round i am going to stop my husband buying any more white goods for us!

But they only explode if the CIA so decides google.co.uk/sea…QAQ
Edited by: "ian292" 21st Jun 2017

balsingh458

Can't fault a bosch. Still using the same fridge freezer since 2002. Not … Can't fault a bosch. Still using the same fridge freezer since 2002. Not a single issue with it.

​Agree with you, had our Bosch fridge freezer since 2004 and it's been great and still working.

mutley1

I have a few beko fridges at the properties, including my own home and to … I have a few beko fridges at the properties, including my own home and to me, i can definitely notice the quality difference to the hotpoint or bosch i have for example. however they are cheaper and they work fine as you say so if you just want one that works then beko suits the purpose but if you want more than just something that works then beko is not for you.You may ask what more do you want from a fridge, and i don't know the answer, but i just know that the next fridge freezer we buy at home will not be a beko as this time round i am going to stop my husband buying any more white goods for us!

As I said I have just replaced an expensive hotpoint and cant really see any difference between the old one and the beko. When looking at integrated fridges the beko seemed to be the better of the choices available.

When looking for fridges, the main thing is energy rating and easy cleaning especially when I have 3 on the go.
The Bosch one is good but again can't see much difference between that, the hotpoint and the beko. It's used just for the dogs food.

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 21st Jun 2017

takethatfan197833 m ago

As I said I have just replaced an expensive hotpoint and cant really see …As I said I have just replaced an expensive hotpoint and cant really see any difference between the old one and the beko. When looking at integrated fridges the beko seemed to be the better of the choices available.When looking for fridges, the main thing is energy rating and easy cleaning especially when I have 3 on the go. The Bosch one is good but again can't see much difference between that, the hotpoint and the beko. It's used just for the dogs food.

you're too posh for me. bosch fridge for dog food. lol

Bosch used to be the best in terms of quality value for money which is why you will hear people saying that they still have their old Bosch fridge after some years. Even a very old and used second hand one lasted a couple of years after I acquired it.
I am happy with their washing machines. My mum had one for 14 years. Both our current ones are working well after years of heavy use.
However from personal experience, recent fridge models may not be the same quality. Reviews of other Bosch products do suggest a possible
dip in quality.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions