Are Broadband homeplugs any good?

My mum wont stop moaning about the ethernet cable going from my dining room up the stairs and into my room - I said they do wireless adaptors for my 360 but they are rubbish but i heard homeplugs arent too bad and cost about £50 for the pair

So my question to tech buffs on here - are homeplugs any good ?

Daniel

16 Comments

Yes brilliant. Sons Xbox connects to router using Zyxel 200Mbps ones from Amazon. Came from a deal on HUKD for £49 the pair before Crimbo.

kingy58;4639966

Yes brilliant. Sons Xbox connects to router using Zyxel 200Mbps ones from … Yes brilliant. Sons Xbox connects to router using Zyxel 200Mbps ones from Amazon. Came from a deal on HUKD for £49 the pair before Crimbo.

I use these too, they are excellent as kingy58 says, much better and faster than wireless :thumbsup::)

If you are just using them to connect to xbox live and not for streaming content from your pc to your xbox then 85mbps will be plenty fast enough,

yes they are great, used for live on the xbox, no problems, out of sight, no wires all over the house,can connect anything.:thumbsup:

got an old set for sale... old as in bought a while ago - boxed but never (EVER!) used.

say the word and i'll put up an ebay auction....

Original Poster

Anyonje any recommendations for some decent ones ?

Saw some Develo 200 mbps starter packs in Currys today for under £40. Would have bought them if I hadn't already bought some from value 85 mbps ones from ebyuer a couple of weeks ago.

You not got a phone socket closer to where your router is? I got homeplugs dan, love em, look on ebay for comtrend ones which come with the BT vision.

Why is the 360 one rubbish?
I thought it was good.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4641135

You not got a phone socket closer to where your router is? I got … You not got a phone socket closer to where your router is? I got homeplugs dan, love em, look on ebay for comtrend ones which come with the BT vision.

nah long cable from my phone socket to the computer then my router then long cable to my 360

dandoc2;4641882

nah long cable from my phone socket to the computer then my router then … nah long cable from my phone socket to the computer then my router then long cable to my 360

That long cable could be causing you problems with your broadband, is it flat? What you need mate is a telephone engineer

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4641912

That long cable could be causing you problems with your broadband, is it … That long cable could be causing you problems with your broadband, is it flat? What you need mate is a telephone engineer

nah live in a house just i live upstairs and the routers downstairs

telephone engineer isnt that your job - let me know if you have any colleagues who know what they are doing and can help :thumbsup:

Original Poster

what about these look alright - say 200mbps but i know homeplug max out at 100mbps are thye work £55 ?
amazon.co.uk/exe…OLE

Homeplugs max out at about 190Mbit/s.
Why claim 200 if it could only do half that?

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4643994

Homeplugs max out at about 190Mbit/s.Why claim 200 if it could only do … Homeplugs max out at about 190Mbit/s.Why claim 200 if it could only do half that?

i read something online that you have to get something in your pc to get the max 200mbps
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2037
    2. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763947
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846082

See more discussions