Groups
    EXPIRED

Are Car cigarette lighter sockets a universal size?

I always thought they were, but bought a charger/adapter ages ago and it rattled around in the socket. Took it back for a full refund, but about to buy an iphone charger/transmitter off ebay and remembered the problem. As it might not be so easy (or even worth it after postage) I thought I would see if if anyone else had ever had any problems?

Car is a UK V plate Zafira BTW

5 Comments

Yes - worldwide in my experience.

don't know but my dad gave me his old car lighter as my nissan micra just has the socket, and it didn't fit. Also our sat nav charger just fits by a hair, if we go over a bump it falls out.

I've never had a problem with any of them - have one for the tom tom, mp3 player & bought car chargers for the kids ds's recently, also got a Zafira btw!

Banned

the sockets are the same size, and have been for near 40 years

its the adaptors that are the problem, some fit terribly, some lock was needed in the idea, as it is, the centre spring pushes them out, and the outer just connects with 2 bits of spring metal

Original Poster

Thanks - rep to all

Here's a thought - we have multiquote, why not a multi rep button?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians79
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions