Groups

Are CDiscount ever going to dispatch my order?

I ordered a Panasonic Lumix digicam as an Xmas present in that 'code stack' deal CDiscount were having last month. I ordered on the 14th October,

I really don't like CDiscount's methods of advertising out-of-stock products as in stock, but what are the odds of actually getting this order? If I don't hear anything soon then perhaps it's time to cancel and re-order elsewhere (and pledging never to order from CDiscount again)

Here is what the order tracking stuff looks like in my account:

[email protected] 14/10/2009 13:51:57 Validation of Order Read

Around the 26th I sent them an email and got a response saying 'it was out of stock but they are expecting stock very soon' and this was added to the order status:

[email protected] 26/10/2009 12:27:46 Order delayed Read

Email:
    ---
    Dear Sausage Roll,

Thank you for contacting Cdiscount.co.uk.

After review of your query we are awaiting this particular item to come back into our warehouse so that your order can ship. We anticipate having this item come back into stock shortly.

If you wish to cancel the item please let us know so that we can arrange for this order to be cancelled and refunded for you.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    ---

I was, of course, billed the full amount from my debit card on the day of order.

Anyone else order on that day who still haven't got their goods?

15 Comments

Banned

yeah they then said i couldnt have it at that price after taking the cash from my account.....then doing a credit check after i had paid in full

avoid these con merchants at all costs they do this to increase their turnover to look more popular/profitable than they actually are......doctoring the figures

Original Poster

casparwhite;6769388

yeah they then said i couldnt have it at that price after taking the cash … yeah they then said i couldnt have it at that price after taking the cash from my account.....then doing a credit check after i had paid in fullavoid these con merchants at all costs they do this to increase their turnover to look more popular/profitable than they actually are......doctoring the figures

Did they actually contact you to say that? What was their excuse?

Though this was a fantastic deal I got, I'd happily pay Play.com £20 more if CDiscount don't sort themselves out.

"If you wish to cancel the item please let us know so that we can arrange for this order to be cancelled and refunded for you."

Best to try that IMO.

Senses;6769425

"If you wish to cancel the item please let us know so that we can arrange … "If you wish to cancel the item please let us know so that we can arrange for this order to be cancelled and refunded for you."Best to try that IMO.

How long will this take 6 weeks :whistling:

I've cancelled the last 3 orders with this bunch of idiots. I think that they use dropshippers, i.e. they have no stock of anything. The problem seems to be that they use the dropshippers that all the longer established UK retailers have stopped using.

The only thing that CDiscount can do efficiently is take payment for goods they probably don't even own. You can only hope that they'll disappear back to mainland Europe soon.

Banned

TGB;6769408

Did they actually contact you to say that? What was their excuse?Though … Did they actually contact you to say that? What was their excuse?Though this was a fantastic deal I got, I'd happily pay Play.com £20 more if CDiscount don't sort themselves out.

no excuse just they mucked up........wouldnt give me the product for the price i paid and did a credit check without authorisation which they claim i gave when i ordered the product and paid in full

complete con merchants and untrustworthy

Senses;6769425

"If you wish to cancel the item please let us know so that we can arrange … "If you wish to cancel the item please let us know so that we can arrange for this order to be cancelled and refunded for you."Best to try that IMO.

you joined up to say that..........cdiscount multi much:whistling:

how about sorting the orders out that you muck up instead of hanging around forums making excuses

it took me 3 months to get refunded for my laptop last year when I bought a vaio which was never delivered to me. they blamed it on christmas traffic and agency staff and I was the one having to make all the calls from DHL to cdiscount and telling them what they were telling me which ran up £50 extra on my phone bill.
    I kept asking to speak to a manager at cdiscount and they kept avoid the question, I'd phone up and ask to speak to the person i spoke to before and they would tell me theres no one of that name that worked there!
    I did eventually speak to a manager and he was helpful and refunded my money straight away, no questions asked and gave me £100 credit to buy a better laptop off them and said if it was any more he'd make up the difference. He told me he'd put the members of staff i'd dealt with on disaplinry for dragging their feet and the DHL driver had been sacked as he had signed for the parcel for me and taken it, saying he'd left it with a neighbour!!!!!
    But I only buy from them now if there is an offer you can't refuse and then i still worry!

Original Poster

Senses;6769425

Best for them to dispatch the order I paid for IMO. Would you have any insight into whether it actually WILL be dispatched then, as it's the 'not knowing' that's the most annoying.

I'm just glad this cropped up now as this is someone's main gift this xmas, something I don't fancy messing up on!

I've cancelled the last 3 orders with this bunch of idiots. I think that … I've cancelled the last 3 orders with this bunch of idiots. I think that they use dropshippers, i.e. they have no stock of anything. The problem seems to be that they use the dropshippers that all the longer established UK retailers have stopped using.

That's interesting to know. A lot of people who went for the code stack deals that were posted here got the 'out of stock' message on the site / product was removed, etc. I was one of the first to jump on the deal and got this fair and square, there was absolutely nothing to suggest it wasn't in stock at time of purchasing. The £££ was taken out of my account like lightning - CDiscount never contacted me 2 weeks after hearing nothing, it was left for me to contact them.

Take a good company, Amazon. If they have a mix up of order, delay, and so on, you hear about it within hours if not minutes of them getting the information. Why can't CDiscount do this?

Thanks for the posts all - unless they pull through soon I won't be recommending this company to anyone.

To be honest i've never heard of Cdiscount before, I dont normally trust companies Ive never used before.

(and lol yea, i finally just signed up)

Banned

"I was, of course, billed the full amount from my debit card on the day of order."

oh dear - a debit card.

Original Poster

Cdiscount Retail Ltd (In Provisional Liquidation)Dear customerWe would … Cdiscount Retail Ltd (In Provisional Liquidation)Dear customerWe would like to inform you that as of Friday the 6th of November 2009 the High Court have appointed a Provisional Liquidator to Cdiscount Retail Limited (Cdiscount.co.uk)The liquidator has confirmed that he will seek to dispose of the business as a going concern and in this regard for the immediate future the business will continue to operate as normal.If you have placed an order with us and have not received your products or have returned an order and are waiting a refund then we have been advised that you approach your bank or credit card issuer in order to recover your money.We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but are committed to resolving all outstanding issues with our customers.Kind regardsCdiscount.co.uk

*****. As I paid via debit card what can I do to get my money back?

TGB;6829786

*****. As I paid via debit card what can I do to get my money back?

was a visa debit?

Original Poster

t0mm;6829845

was a visa debit?

Actually it was mate, as of a few months ago! On the phone to my issuer now, hopefully I might be able to get somewhere. Seem helpful so far.

What's the diff using a Visa Debit to recover these days?

Original Poster

Alright, just got off the phone with HSBC who were fantastic and are going to send me a declaration form within 7 days. I just need to provide proof of purchase and I'll get the money back very quickly. Brilliant! They told me they were getting loads of calls about CDiscount.

Glad their business has failed, *******s. Hope they stay far away from the retail game from now on.

Cheers everyone for the help. Please pass the info on in the other threads about cdiscount if it'll help as I've gotta go offline.

Will rep everyone later!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      2. Kitchen tap replacement33
      3. Biscuit addiction1025
      4. NUS EXTRA - Cheap (Legitimate Way) - 3 year card?611

See more discussions