Expired

Are CEX DDR3 RAM 240PIN any good?

Found 7th Dec 2014
I saw on CEX that they are selling DDR3 ram but idoes anyone know if it is good?
Community Updates
AskDDR3RAM
8 Comments
its all diffrent manufacturer ram with that timing mate ...i got 3 kingstons one ripjaw
The only thing to be aware of is that not all CEX test the RAM (Don't have the facilities to test all) and only do a 'sniff' test to see if it's been fried at some point!!! but it does come with a 12 month Warranty so....
Likely2

The only thing to be aware of is that not all CEX test the RAM (Don't … The only thing to be aware of is that not all CEX test the RAM (Don't have the facilities to test all) and only do a 'sniff' test to see if it's been fried at some point!!! but it does come with a 12 month Warranty so....

so if it doesnt actually work could I return it?
mahdi9

so if it doesnt actually work could I return it?

Yes but it is/can be a pain getting a refund from CEX and they will offer you 'same for same' if in stock or store credit/voucher but a lot of it is cheap enough and depends on how important it is....there is some on Amazon atm for £22 if any good:

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1333 CL9.0 Dual Channel

h**p://amazon.co.uk/dp/…MEZ

Edited by: "Likely2" 7th Dec 2014
I got 2 8gb crucial sticks from Bromley yesterday one opened one unopened
emodan

I got 2 8gb crucial sticks from Bromley yesterday one opened one unopened

Did you buy the RAM from CEX and how much was it. Thank You
I got it from cex got 2 x 4gb ram for 36 and 2x 8gb for 64 needed the ram for 2 budget builds. I picked from store online you could get any mismatched and chips. I'd check online for stock I had to take a £11 train journey but saved a fortune
emodan

I got it from cex got 2 x 4gb ram for 36 and 2x 8gb for 64 needed the ram … I got it from cex got 2 x 4gb ram for 36 and 2x 8gb for 64 needed the ram for 2 budget builds. I picked from store online you could get any mismatched and chips. I'd check online for stock I had to take a £11 train journey but saved a fortune

Thanks for your info
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants