Posted 2 November 2021

Are Cinch Cars any good?

What's people's opinions of Cinch? The convenience of trading in your car and having another delivered seems appealing. Anyone had any dealings with them, are trade in prices competitive and the prices of their cars?
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Stay away from this bunch, unless you want more grief than the worth of it. Without doubt the worst car buying experience in 50 odd years of car buying. Warranty worthless, car nothing like the condition it was advertised as, shown as serviced 7 miles before I had it delivered, yet as soon as I turned the ignition on, the warning service overdue came on. Tyres badly worn, wiper blades completely shot, folding mirrors didn't work, when I complained they said they never said they were fitted ( clearly stated in advert that they were fitted.) Went to Volvo who fixed them at my expense. Numerous bad scuffs and scratches not shown on the advert. Pathetic part ex valuation, ( £1700 below what I actually sold part ex for). Numerous emails complaining ignored or asking for reports from garage on condition of tyres, ( after I had to have them changed). Asked for photos of damage, sent, repeatedly asked for more photos, but did nothing about the defects. Messed me about until warranty expired, then asked me to buy Cinch Care. For your own good, avoid this mob like the plague.
    wayners02/11/2021 22:29

We buy any car. Cinch and British Car Auctions are all the same company I …We buy any car. Cinch and British Car Auctions are all the same company I heard. Really clever as have they market sorted so all the best stock goes to cinch and the rest to auction Is that correct?

You are correct.

constellationautomotive.com
    We buy any car. Cinch and British Car Auctions are all the same company I heard. Really clever as have they market sorted so all the best stock goes to cinch and the rest to auction

Is that correct? (edited)
    I don't actually know if they are good however I follow a garage on youtube and they talked about cinch taking the best cars from we buy any car and selling them.
    All comes down to warranty and prices I guess (edited)
    wayners02/11/2021 22:48

I don't actually know if they are good however I follow a garage on …I don't actually know if they are good however I follow a garage on youtube and they talked about cinch taking the best cars from we buy any car and selling them. All comes down to warranty and prices I guess

Seems a logical next step when they buy and normally sell through their auction, add a bit extra on the top cut out the auction and make even more money.
    Been thinking of Cinch myself recently but I’ll take my chances and stick to the ‘ old fashioned way ‘

Any car needs to be seen and test driven first. Absolute no brainer where thousands of pounds are exchanging hands - once you’ve taken delivery of the car and any problems you are on the back foot!

Go take a look imo.
    Car buying is like Russian roulette.
    Ive got cars from main dealers brand new and 100,000 mile old cars from loot,autotrader, exchange and mart etc.
    Cinch looks over priced to me, but all second hand cars are at the moment.
    I test drove a brand new Peugeot 5008 in white in 2016, as the silver one was at the back of the lot and hard to get out.
    Test drive went fine and did a deal but on the silver one.
    A few days later I went to collect my car.
    Hand over was nice polite and well managed.
    I drove of and within 1 mile the problems started.
    Cruse control would not work, turned around and went back.
    They sent out a staff member to show me how to work it, off we went and it still did not work, then the dash lit up with ABS failed, parking brake failed and a few more codes.
    Long story short I drove home in their car and they fixed mine.
    5 days later they delivered it. Next issue was it pulled left so bad it would turn around in a circle if I let go of the wheel.
    Went into a Peugeot dealer local to me and found the front left wheel was 1/4 of an inch closer to the rear than the drivers side.
    After a bit of a fight I returned the car for a refund.
    Go another one but made sure I test drove the car I was buying.
    Surely the convenience you mention will come at some cost, in the reduction of the trade in value and an inflated sale price. Double whammy.
    Try motorway for sale of an existing"decent" car to sell. Far better sales price than we buy any car.
    Car buying for the Lazy generation who don't mind wasting money. Overpriced cars and crap trade-in values.

If you want value for money sell your car privately and shop around for a replacement avoiding main dealers.

If you only care about convenience then Cinch etc are fine but just be aware you will be paying over the odds.
    Disagree with rubbish trade in value comments, I'm currently selling/buying and cinch have offered me best trade in value by a grand. However I still don't fancy buying a car I've never seen/sat in/ test drove
    Really check the paintwork on cinch cars as they are all refurbished/polished , a company near me has a big contract with them and they have very little time to carry out the work and a eagle eye can really notice , and if you don’t you will in a few weeks when the wax has come off ..
    AL1S0N03/11/2021 16:16

Disagree with rubbish trade in value comments, I'm currently …Disagree with rubbish trade in value comments, I'm currently selling/buying and cinch have offered me best trade in value by a grand. However I still don't fancy buying a car I've never seen/sat in/ test drove

That’s what they offer, until they come and view your car. Then look for small dents, scratches & that valuation will come down faster than a demolition. (edited)
    Yep... our friends who were moving abroad and were offered £2,500 online by WBAC for their car. Once they'd had the car checked the price had fallen to a measly £940.
    Basically deliveroo for cars, you don't have to get dressed but what arrives isn't always what you expected!
    Frankly I’d rather pay a bit more and buy from Cinch or similar than buying from a place like Arnold Clark.

Any car you buy online you can return within 14 days if your not happy with it.

Try that with Arnold Clark. You don’t stand a chance.
    Hello, just wondering if anybody has used cinch cars. Getting really desperate now to purchase a car and looking at other ways online.
    Thank you
    Yeah, go anywhere but them. Rubbish cars picked up from We buy any car, who con people left right and centre. Give you a 90 day warranty which is worthless, mess you about until the end of the warranty, then try and sell you cinch care. Don’t answer emails, don’t respond to complaints and cars are nothing like the advert. Worst decision I ever made 
's avatar