Usually.
Yes.
The real boxing day or the holiday?
yes as MI:4 is out then
yes its the years biggest cinema day
effingandjeffing

yes its the years biggest cinema day

Really, would say it would be hard to get busier than on orange Wednesdays now
Can you really not just check their websites to find out?
I find it hard to believe that it is boxing day day too, can't find any info but I did find a records page that says the last Harry Potter holds the record for a SINGLE day at $91 million and $161 million for the weekend....wow.
Banned
greg_68

I find it hard to believe that it is boxing day day too, can't find any … I find it hard to believe that it is boxing day day too, can't find any info but I did find a records page that says the last Harry Potter holds the record for a SINGLE day at $91 million and $161 million for the weekend....wow.

It's a busy day but not sure I'd have said it's the busiest day ever. It may be the biggest day on average.
My younger brother works in a cinema and was always offered either Christmas eve or boxing day off as they had to work one, so yes.
Never been or even contemplated going to the cinema on boxing day, is it popular?
kylewalker

yes as MI:4 is out then

True - saw it on Tuesday thanks to Sky Rewards.......... I'd rather stay home and watch the obligatory Boxing Day Bond film on telly!

Although, Simon Pegg does make it a bit bearable!
greg_68

Never been or even contemplated going to the cinema on boxing day, is it … Never been or even contemplated going to the cinema on boxing day, is it popular?

Yes it’s usually packed. I went to see Avatar on Boxing Day a few years ago.
Original Poster Banned
Really? I thought it'd be quiet on Boxing day?! It'd be during the day that I go.

The cinemas in my area don't state if they are open or whats on.
there's never anything decent on the TV so going to the pics is a good idea -

what we going to see after dinner fluffy???
NOT just cinemas, mostly shops as well, now a days!!!......:D
arcangel111

there's never anything decent on the TV so going to the pics is a good … there's never anything decent on the TV so going to the pics is a good idea - what we going to see after dinner fluffy???

The new Sherlock Holmes film or MI:4. I vote MI:4
MI:4 it is
girl with the dragon tattoo for me
and i don't mean the movie
golfer2007

and i don't mean the movie

lol!! Yes I know I'm slow...

(And yes cinemas are open on Boxing Day but guess the OP knows that by now..)
Was thinking about going, but if it's going to be busy will pass. I prefer it to be emptier/quieter.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions