are cracks in the iphone 3gs's casing under warranty

10 replies
Found 17th Jun 2010
I dont know how these cracks have happened but I was wondering if i could get another one under my warranty (aug 2010)?

images below - p.s. i love my camera nice clear photos

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
10 Comments

Original Poster

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1365/p1010172t.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6590/p1010171.jpg

I managed to get a replacement at the Apple store due a cracked case near the charging port, and it wasn't even in warranty. (Pretty much the same as in your 2nd photo)

I did have to get into a slightly heated debate with the manager though!

if theres no sign of misuse then yes they will change the phone under warranty , my mrs got hers changed for a small crack like that 2 weeks ago

Same thing happened to me with my 3GS. Took it back to Apple. They checked there was no other damage and immediately replaced the handset.

Original Poster

ridgerama;8859270

if theres no sign of misuse then yes they will change the phone under … if theres no sign of misuse then yes they will change the phone under warranty , my mrs got hers changed for a small crack like that 2 weeks ago

kk the screens perfect, theres a few scuffs on the back but what should i expect i stupidly never used a screen protector or case lol

I've got an appointment on monday and im worried they'll say no

i had same problem, got a replacement easy peasy

Original Poster

glad for the reassurance roll on monday now

Yea they will replace, mine had similar issues & they sent me a replacement

skinrush;8859269

I managed to get a replacement at the Apple store due a cracked case near … I managed to get a replacement at the Apple store due a cracked case near the charging port, and it wasn't even in warranty. (Pretty much the same as in your 2nd photo) I did have to get into a slightly heated debate with the manager though!

i have a crack near the dock but also out of warranty. is it best to phone up to try and ask for a replacement, or just book a genius appointment?

i would just book an appointment and play nice and dumb , dont mention money until they do and sometimes u mite get lucky
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1961
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247596
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…711
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769303

See more discussions