Are Crispy Kreme Doughnuts Really That Good?

33 replies
Found 24th Mar 2011
The local Tescos have started selling them but they are so expensive.

So what's the score with them?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
33 Comments

seem like a good idea but leave you feeling dirty and whorish..

lots of calories, poor nutritional value and a waste of money ...0/10 - that's the score

Banned

patience_1

lots of calories, poor nutritional value and a waste of money ...0/10 - … lots of calories, poor nutritional value and a waste of money ...0/10 - that's the score

yeah,but do they taste good?

patience_1

lots of calories, poor nutritional value and a waste of money ...0/10 - … lots of calories, poor nutritional value and a waste of money ...0/10 - that's the score

Plus the taste/pleasure:£ ratio is rather poor.

NO!

Taste wise they're brilliant

Banned

Tesco

Not Tescos

I had to go to London on business earlier in the year, I hate London - the only thing that made it better was that I could get some Krispy Kreme donuts on the way home!

They are expensive but they are the best donuts I have ever had. Although, my boyfriend who usually loves donuts, didn't like them - too sweet apparently!?!
Edited by: "kimbyanne" 24th Mar 2011

justingalore

seem like a good idea but leave you feeling dirty and whorish..

I'm already dirty and whorish.
They left me feeling clean and innocent.

I dont think they're anything special. If they're 60p i'll buy them, anything more is over priced!

DJ1

TescoNot Tescos

You noticed that and not the fact she put Crispy instead of Krispy? Well played.

After the first six you start to feel the sugar rush boiling up, goes down well with a two litre bottle of diet coke

Edited by: "DEALWARRIOR" 24th Mar 2011

Banned

ei8hty5ive

I dont think they're anything special. If they're 60p i'll buy them, … I dont think they're anything special. If they're 60p i'll buy them, anything more is over priced!

60p for a **** donut............jeezzzzz

I'm part of an exclusive club so cannot discuss anything to do with this thread.

Rule 1 of Krispy Kreme club, doughnut talk about Krispy Kreme Club.

It's a **** joke I just made up but you can keep it.

Banned

So much choice of decent buns/cakes etc in this country, must we always eat what the Americans do?

mr.potato_head

I'm part of an exclusive club so cannot discuss anything to do with this … I'm part of an exclusive club so cannot discuss anything to do with this thread.Rule 1 of Krispy Kreme club, doughnut talk about Krispy Kreme Club.It's a **** joke I just made up but you can keep it.

I like it! Can I join?

Banned

i always go for ...... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wrYcXhrd4HY/TXEye_v3GGI/AAAAAAAAAos/bCKaTo74eFU/s1600/donut%2Bdame.png

They are so yummy!
My favourites are either the glazed original one or chocolate icing ring with sprinkles or one filled with chocolate icing.
A really yummy treat, but the fresh ones at stalls are better than the ones in Tescos imo.

Overrated doughnuts. Nice. But people get carried away.

so good i wish i hadn't "dropped" the other 7 earlier

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x400/DTAPhotographyUK/photo.jpg

ei8hty5ive

I like it! Can I join?

Yes, although it's a pretty basic club with only two rules. The second one being the same as the first.

It has nothing to do with Fight Club. That's a ridiculous club to be a part of.

Banned

I actually prefer tesco's doughnuts at 10 for £1
Edited by: "riteondeals" 24th Mar 2011

riteondeals

I actually prefer tesco's dougnuts at 10 for £1

That makes you an idiot. Your pallate offends me.

never tried them but they dont look that appealing to me lol ^^^

too expensive. Im not falling for that lethal stuff.
Whats wrong with the dougnuts with jam inside, or chocolate?

whatsThePoint

And the results are inOverweight people love themSlim people would rather … And the results are inOverweight people love themSlim people would rather stay that way

Oi! I'm skinny and love KK mmmmmmm. I have such a sweet tooth.

They are nice, but in all honesty, I prefer the chocolate ones that ikea sell for about 30p!

I no longer pay 50p for 5 in Morrisons, so paying £10+ for a more tasty heart attack is pointless.

I used to drop 12 pack Krispy Kreme doughnuts because that's how I roll. However, you can't lose weight or even maintain it if you're eating excessive amounts of junk like this.

I dropped all the junk, i.e. kebabs, crisps, chips, burgers, cakes, doughnuts, coke, etc
Joined the gym in late January and have gone from 15'12 stone to 13'8

Buy some rice cakes, ryvita minis, dried fruit, even light cereal bars for a snack.

Went all the way to Manchester on a 90 mile journey altogether for 2 boxes of these oO thats how good these doughnuts are! my faves are the cookies and kreme, butterscotch fudge and the original glazed oh yeaah!!!
Edited by: "DEALofaLifetime" 25th Mar 2011

I've only bought a box of 12 once,the children liked them,they ok but I'm not much a doughnut or cake person anyway,would prefer chocolate.

Original Poster

DEALofaLifetime

Went all the way to Manchester on a 90 mile journey altogether for 2 … Went all the way to Manchester on a 90 mile journey altogether for 2 boxes of these oO thats how good these doughnuts are! my faves are the cookies and kreme, butterscotch fudge and the original glazed oh yeaah!!!

Butterscotch fudge sounds great any other flavours anyone can recommend?

lady111

Butterscotch fudge sounds great any other flavours anyone can recommend?

Oh yeah also try the glamour glaze or the chocolate dreamcake doughnuts they are so yummy

Edited by: "DEALofaLifetime" 25th Mar 2011

DEALofaLifetime

Oh yeah also try the glamour glaze or the chocolate dreamcake doughnuts … Oh yeah also try the glamour glaze or the chocolate dreamcake doughnuts they are so yummy

Are you mad lol?
The fuel cost would have been insane.

I went into the city centre when all the hype surrounded them. Was only a 30 minute drive, and although I liked them, i was dissapointed.

They do taste nice but they don't taste fresh. Imo you can tell they're made in bulk and off site.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89
    2. Google maps on Plusnet46
    3. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    4. spam regarding paypal33

See more discussions