Are Crown courts open on a bank holiday

Found 26th Jan 2016
Hi
I've had a jury service through for the 21st march and trying to decide whether to defer it or not as I'm off work for some of that week and most of the week after and we were thinking of going away.
But I was wondering wether the courts would be open the 2 bank holidays at Easter anyway so could still go away possibly.
I can't find much information online except
judiciary.gov.uk/abo…es/
where that looks like there not even open lol
cheers

1. Ask
  2. Holiday
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Holiday
3 Comments

No they are not open. All courts observe Bank Holidays. Regarding deferment, if you can prove that you have already booked a holiday then They could agree to a deferment, but it will be unlikely if you tell them that you are now planning to book a holiday for those dates.

Original Poster

Toptrumpet

No they are not open. All courts observe Bank Holidays. Regarding … No they are not open. All courts observe Bank Holidays. Regarding deferment, if you can prove that you have already booked a holiday then They could agree to a deferment, but it will be unlikely if you tell them that you are now planning to book a holiday for those dates.

cheers ,​i should be OK with deferring it I think as where I work has set holidays which I can't change and that falls on Easter week.
I did do it about 11 years ago and they deferred it then with no complaints to a more convenient time.

Haha, working on a bank holiday?!!! You must be joking, the wheels of justice roll slowly, so they say, and after you have done jury service for a week, you'll be amazed that anything ever gets into court.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants