Are deals without savings allowed? If yes, why?

Posted 3rd Nov
As some of you may know, on HUKD you often find deals which have literally no discount at all. So you could also buy from nearly every other store for the same or cheaper price. If you mention a cheaper price anywhere in HUKD most of the times you get ignored or some people even get offensive. On platforms like Dealabs or MyDealz those deals would have been deleted and nobody would have any problem with that.

Why is that so different on this platform? Why deals are allowed on HUKD which on purpose simulate a discount where no discount is or even letting the users pay more? Is it just to get more affiliate cash or is it forbidden but the moderation team just doesn't care? Literally, I don't get it. I would be grateful if anyone can clear that out. Preferably from the HUKD Moderation team
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
Permanent/RRP offers are now moved over to the discussions section (newish guidelines introduced in July).

If it's something that is time-limited, then it will be allowed in deals.

Please also bear in mind that the team only see a fraction of comments that go live on the site, so simply commenting on the deal that it's cheaper elsewhere will likely go unnoticed. If you use the report options available to you then we'll review.
Just mark the deal expired or report it,big no no now under new rules.
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 13:16

Permanent/RRP offers are now moved over to the discussions section (newish …Permanent/RRP offers are now moved over to the discussions section (newish guidelines introduced in July).If it's something that is time-limited, then it will be allowed in deals.Please also bear in mind that the team only see a fraction of comments that go live on the site, so simply commenting on the deal that it's cheaper elsewhere will likely go unnoticed. If you use the report options available to you then we'll review.

Thank you for this clarification. But every comment I make is being moderated by the moderation team so someone must have checked it. In some cases i even marked "@HUKD_Mod_Team" but there was no reaction at all. I will use report options in the future.

You talked about "RRP/Permanent" offers. How about deals who are lower in price then release (which is normal for electronics) but same in price as some other store(s)? Is that also covered by the rule you talked about?
@HUKD_Mod_Team is a mailbox, not a user, so no notifications would be sent. We wouldn't encourage you to tag individual members of the team either. Best way is using report, that way it would be dealt with by whoever was online at the time rather than relying on a particular persons shift pattern.

If something was available at the same price elsewhere, it would generally be allowed as a deal. If it was available cheaper elsewhere, we'd do some extra checking to see if there was any additional value in the more expensive price, for example if it was a TV at Richer Sounds, they would have a standard 5 year guarantee, so members may want to spend a little extra for this benefit.

Same in the respect that if it was something available in a UK store, but was cheaper if imported from China, we'd likely allow the UK version due to the additional benefits; support, availability, delivery time etc.
Edited by: "BeerDrinker" 3rd Nov
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 13:16

Permanent/RRP offers are now moved over to the discussions section (newish …Permanent/RRP offers are now moved over to the discussions section (newish guidelines introduced in July).If it's something that is time-limited, then it will be allowed in deals.Please also bear in mind that the team only see a fraction of comments that go live on the site, so simply commenting on the deal that it's cheaper elsewhere will likely go unnoticed. If you use the report options available to you then we'll review.

So why we still seeing so many chocolate orange deals at a £1 They are always £1 in Poundland, One Below, B&M

Also see plenty of deal at rrp in deals and actually deals with saving in discussions

It is certainly confusing
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 3rd Nov
myusernamehasgone23403/11/2019 14:08

So why we still seeing so many chocolate orange deals at a £1 They are …So why we still seeing so many chocolate orange deals at a £1 They are always £1 in Poundland, One Below, B&MAlso see plenty of deal at rrp in deals and actually deals with saving in discussionsIt is certainly confusing

because chocolate oranges are more than £1 rrp. It is a bit of a mess though.

38892229-sY00R.jpg
myusernamehasgone23403/11/2019 14:08

So why we still seeing so many chocolate orange deals at a £1 They are …So why we still seeing so many chocolate orange deals at a £1 They are always £1 in Poundland, One Below, B&MAlso see plenty of deal at rrp in deal and actually deals with saving in discussionsIt is certainly confusing

This is where it does become a little different and the "added value" comes into play a bit more. Not everyone has a local poundland, but they may have an Asda/Tesco/Morrisons/Whatever so we need to factor in availability into things a little. Chocolate oranges in particular are often available at higher prices so we generally allow these deals, however, you'll notice the most recent one was moved to discussions - hotukdeals.com/dis…339

Deals at RRP, we encourage you to report so we can check it out
chocci03/11/2019 14:16

because chocolate oranges are more than £1 rrp. It is a bit of a mess …because chocolate oranges are more than £1 rrp. It is a bit of a mess though.[Image]

Ok but if they are constantly available at the cheaper price how can it be a deal?

The site very clear now that rrp are misleading as they constantly bang on to me you can’t put the rrp in your title or the NBP field, even removed it from my description at one point.

It just just looks very much like they make the rules up as they go along and suit themselves.

Chocolate Orange’s at £1 is not a deal but will always go scorching hot.
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 14:17

This is where it does become a little different and the "added value" …This is where it does become a little different and the "added value" comes into play a bit more. Not everyone has a local poundland, but they may have an Asda/Tesco/Morrisons/Whatever so we need to factor in availability into things a little. Chocolate oranges in particular are often available at higher prices so we generally allow these deals, however, you'll notice the most recent one was moved to discussions - https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/terrys-chocolate-orange-milk-chocolate-box-157g-1-at-tesco-at-sainsburys-at-asda-and-at-morrisons-3322339Deals at RRP, we encourage you to report so we can check it out

So the rrp is relevant on chocolate oranges but not trainers.
myusernamehasgone23403/11/2019 14:22

So the rrp is relevant on chocolate oranges but not trainers.

Can't actually see an official RRP for chocolate oranges, but as it's regularly for sale at £2+, a reduction to £1 is a valid deal
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 14:27

Can't actually see an official RRP for chocolate oranges, but as it's …Can't actually see an official RRP for chocolate oranges, but as it's regularly for sale at £2+, a reduction to £1 is a valid deal

Yep and so were the trainers I keep posting regularly elsewhere still at full price.
myusernamehasgone23403/11/2019 14:28

Yep and so were the trainers I keep posting regularly elsewhere still at …Yep and so were the trainers I keep posting regularly elsewhere still at full price.

Not sure I follow you with the RRP on trainers, are you referring to the "Next best price" box when submitting deals?
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 14:32

Not sure I follow you with the RRP on trainers, are you referring to the …Not sure I follow you with the RRP on trainers, are you referring to the "Next best price" box when submitting deals?

Nope I’m not. I fully understand the NBP box and how it works.

What I’m moaning about is the team seem to think the rrp is irrelevant in the fashion section and shouldn’t be mentioned in the title.

However you are saying the rrp is relevant in chocolate oranges as they are sold at rrp.

The trainers I post are usually sold at rrp too. Sometime if it’s end of season they have come down at another retailer too.

My issue is mainly there is a big difference between a pair of £40 trainers reduced to £35 and a pair of £110 trainer reduced to £35 and there is no way to distinguish the two withoutthe rrp
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 3rd Nov
myusernamehasgone23403/11/2019 14:39

Nope I’m not. I fully understand the NBP box and how it works.What I’m moa …Nope I’m not. I fully understand the NBP box and how it works.What I’m moaning about is the team seem to think the rrp is irrelevant in the fashion section and shouldn’t be mentioned in the title.However you are saying the rrp is relevant in chocolate oranges as they are sold at rrp.The trainers I post are usually sold at rrp too. Sometime if it’s end of season they have come down at another retailer too.My issue is mainly there is a big difference between a pair of £40 trainers reduced to £35 and a pair of £110 trainer reduced to £35 and there is no way to distinguish the two withoutthe rrp

In an effort to keep titles tidy, it was decided to trim this info out of deal titles. RRP can be mentioned in the description. This is not restricted to fashion and goes across all categories. If you spot any, again, please report and we can sort.
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 14:44

In an effort to keep titles tidy, it was decided to trim this info out of …In an effort to keep titles tidy, it was decided to trim this info out of deal titles. RRP can be mentioned in the description. This is not restricted to fashion and goes across all categories. If you spot any, again, please report and we can sort.

It’s a case of supermarket charging RRP to allow them to sell them at a reduced price, problem is that home bargains, b&m and Poundland sell them at the right price every day. Add in these three stores and most people have one close by.

myusernamehasgone23403/11/2019 14:28

Yep and so were the trainers I keep posting regularly elsewhere still at …Yep and so were the trainers I keep posting regularly elsewhere still at full price.

Cannot believe you actually started a discussion on chocolate oranges and didn’t copy in me and @MrSwitch I know we upset you by not liking them but didn’t think you would be ignoring us because of it
Edited by: "eslick" 3rd Nov
eslick03/11/2019 15:37

It’s a case of supermarket charging RRP to allow them to sell them at a r …It’s a case of supermarket charging RRP to allow them to sell them at a reduced price, problem is that home bargains, b&m and Poundland sell them at the right price every day. Add in these three stores and most people have one close by. Cannot believe you actually started a discussion on chocolate oranges and didn’t copy in me and @MrSwitch I know we upset you by not liking them but didn’t think you would be ignoring us because of it

apologies I should have tagged you in.
MrSwitch03/11/2019 15:41

Tut tut @myusernamehasgone234 tut tut, you are now on mute

Sorry
BeerDrinker03/11/2019 14:17

This is where it does become a little different and the "added value" …This is where it does become a little different and the "added value" comes into play a bit more. Not everyone has a local poundland, but they may have an Asda/Tesco/Morrisons/Whatever so we need to factor in availability into things a little. Chocolate oranges in particular are often available at higher prices so we generally allow these deals, however, you'll notice the most recent one was moved to discussions - https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/terrys-chocolate-orange-milk-chocolate-box-157g-1-at-tesco-at-sainsburys-at-asda-and-at-morrisons-3322339Deals at RRP, we encourage you to report so we can check it out

You could maybe add a system where instead of multiple deals of the same offer from Different, etc it should be same deal but tells you all the stores ??
Nice of HUKD to remove my question to the OP.

I'll try again as its a serious question.

OP, why are you able to advertise one brand deals for your brand which also is featured in your user name? (that would get others banned for self promotion!?

Does it involve paying money / incentives to HUKD?
I always try to add comparison prices to each Deal I post - I never add anything in the Next Best Price section - I usually forget it exists.

Sometimes, later on, the numbers that have been added (auto-generated or input by a mod?) I have no idea where they've came from! Sometimes they're just ridiculous.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 4th Nov
louiselouise04/11/2019 11:44

I always try to add comparison prices to each Deal I post - I never add …I always try to add comparison prices to each Deal I post - I never add anything in the Next Best Price section - I usually forget it exists. Sometimes, later on, the numbers that have been added (auto-generated or input by a mod?) I have no idea where they've came from! Sometimes they're just ridiculous.

I put my thoughts over here on this

hotukdeals.com/com…396

I think when the NBP gets changed I think it would be helpful to know where is selling them at that price.

My reasoning is two fold firstly I don’t always think they correct and I would to see for myself. I often search and search and can’t find them for the NBP. Or the NBP isn’t given so it looks like a non deal and I can’t see them anywhere at the real price.

Secondly if someone can’t get that particular deal as for example they don’t have a store near them they might have the NBP store close to them so could get them. Especially when the NBP is removed it suggests somewhere else has them at the same price.

Mr_Gus04/11/2019 10:59

Nice of HUKD to remove my question to the OP.I'll try again as its a …Nice of HUKD to remove my question to the OP.I'll try again as its a serious question.OP, why are you able to advertise one brand deals for your brand which also is featured in your user name? (that would get others banned for self promotion!?Does it involve paying money / incentives to HUKD?

Someone's username on hotukdeals doesn't mean they are banned from posting for any product that is in their username. For example, we'd allow someone with a username of 'Playstation' or 'Amazon_fan' etc to post deals for Playstation or Amazon. A username doesn't mean they are employed by a paticular company (otherwise you'd be banned from posting for a number of retailers en.wikipedia.org/wik…er))
You are right though that we don't allow self promotion but the OP is not self promoting.
Thanks andywedge! ..however why are they banging out nothing but Xiaomi deals!????? ..call me cynical
Probably the same reason that deals that do not exist are allowed, the whim of the mod looking at it!
Mr_Gus04/11/2019 23:58

Thanks andywedge! ..however why are they banging out nothing but Xiaomi …Thanks andywedge! ..however why are they banging out nothing but Xiaomi deals!????? ..call me cynical

I definitely post more than Xiaomi. I just don't translate most of the other deals because their merchants aren't allowed on HUKD.

38905063-vmR5V.jpg
13 of your deals are one brand "xiaomi".
Multiples of the remaining are ali express / gearbest (one or more directing to xiaomi)

One sony deal (that I can understand as to why its just one)
Yes, i've posted in my current & previous hukd membership ali-express deals myself, but you've got to see how weighted the xiaomi deals appear right?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants