Are Dual SIM Phones Imports?

Posted 13th May
Morning all,

Looking at mobiles phones, the Galaxy A40 and the site I found it on, Boxedtech says it's dual sim.

I thought dual sim phones were usually those you buy from other countries, or am I wrong?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
No, we get dual Sim phones here, I have a dual Sim Note 8 that I purchased directly from Samsung UK website
Thanks!
I am not aware any mobile phone made in UK...
Not made in the UK - but UK stock.

3 of my last four phones have been dual SIM - an Honor 7 (bought from Honor/Huawei UK store), an Honor 9 from John Lewis, and a Xiaomi Mi 8 from mi.com (UK store - but dispatched from France).

My wife has a Google Pixel 3a, which is technically dual SIM, but it's one physical, and one eSIM. So yeah, plenty of choice of dual SIM phones for quite a while.
My three supplied P30 pro is dual sim

In the UK they are certainly rarer than overseas but they are becoming a bit easier to come across
Becoming more common now within UK
I've been using UK supplied Dual Sim phones for about 5 years now, they are now pretty common. Couldn't go back to carrying separate work and home phones...

Used to be just the chinese brands if you wanted Dualsim but most manufactures (even Samsung!( offer most handsets in Dualsim versions.

Sadly the Network operators often still only sell the Simgle Sim versions so in a lot of cases Sim free is the only way to get the Dual sim version.
Uridium13/05/2020 15:13

I've been using UK supplied Dual Sim phones for about 5 years now, they …I've been using UK supplied Dual Sim phones for about 5 years now, they are now pretty common. Couldn't go back to carrying separate work and home phones...Used to be just the chinese brands if you wanted Dualsim but most manufactures (even Samsung!( offer most handsets in Dualsim versions.Sadly the Network operators often still only sell the Simgle Sim versions so in a lot of cases Sim free is the only way to get the Dual sim version.

3 always sold their Huawei and Honor handsets in dual SIM versions - but then they were the only network providing them for a while at the beginning of the brands appearing in the UK. And that must be at about 5 years now.
alg13/05/2020 15:41

3 always sold their Huawei and Honor handsets in dual SIM versions - but …3 always sold their Huawei and Honor handsets in dual SIM versions - but then they were the only network providing them for a while at the beginning of the brands appearing in the UK. And that must be at about 5 years now.

I think the first Network supplied Dual Sim handset I bought was a Lenovo P2, I've been buying from HK shops since then. My current Galaxy Note 10 is a UK spec Dual Sim model but again I had to buy Simfree as the network I was using at the time (Three) only sodl the single sim verison
My current phone is a UK version dual SIM P30 Pro. I am yet to see any 5G dual SIM phone though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions