Are ebuyer always this useless?

Found 7th Nov 2010
I purchased nearly £400 worth of stuff from buyer today and they have decided they want my passport first. 2 mins later I get an email saying the item must be discontinued even thou it says 50 are in stock. I'm not happy at all!

Are they always this useless? I'll have to purchased from a proper place grrrr

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Banned

no

/end

No, ebuyer are one of the best retailers on the internet.

I have never had a problem with them.

You are not asking for the stuff to be posted to Nigeria are you?

they want your passport?? what for?

csiman

no/end

peodude

No, ebuyer are one of the best retailers on the internet.

guilbert53

I have never had a problem with them.You are not asking for the stuff to … I have never had a problem with them.You are not asking for the stuff to be posted to Nigeria are you?

Me neither.

Banned

Ebuyer are great

Banned

Always been good to me in fact I've just ordered £250 worth of goods the other day & no passport checks.

Did you have it delivered to another address & not your billing address?

Sloth/Mod

eBuyer are great in my opinion. Spent plenty of money there and a couple of big transactions and never been asked for a passport or any id.............they seem happy enough with my debit card details. X)

A proper place would be something like, "ebay"? oO

You're not buying laser toners and asking them to be delivered to David Cameron are you.

Never found ebuyer to be anything bad, always supplied me with what I want and in good time, even when mispriced.

I used to like Ebuyer but they've mucked me about on my last couple of transactions and recently upped the delivery to non-mainland locations (which includes where I live despite being part of the mainland) so I no longer buy from them.

John

Original Poster

No idea why there asking for passport. Card funds went through fine and it's my normal address to get things delivered. I certainly won't be using them again. There a website, they have my address and card details and even went through card verification like always with no problems! Wasters

Original Poster

PraxxtorCruel

A proper place would be something like, "ebay"? oO

No like a shop that can't mess me about

lincolnsmommy

No like a shop that can't mess me about

Try Scan (UK)

alien7

Try Scan (UK)

I can't recommend Scan, i had to return, at my own cost, a faulty motherboard 3 times to get a replacement that was working.

I cant agree after using ebuyer for 15 years I no longer will used them last 2 years broken items due to faulty item and not damage caused by me and they want to blame you before you even tell them what happened. Not a good service if a part becomes faulty after your 10-14 day time is up. And not even slightly helpful. Ple be advised go somewhere else.

No idea why there asking for passport. Card funds went through fine and … No idea why there asking for passport. Card funds went through fine and it's my normal address to get things delivered. I certainly won't be using them again. There a website, they have my address and card details and even went through card verification like always with no problems! Wasters

The computer business is one of the industries targeted by fraudsters who purchase stock with bogus or stolen credit cards. The system is rife with individuals opening new accounts and defrauding companies for thousands. To prevent this buyer could be asked for a Passport or other forms of identity to demonstrate their full address and contact details.

I cant agree after using ebuyer for 15 years I no longer will used them … I cant agree after using ebuyer for 15 years I no longer will used them last 2 years broken items due to faulty item and not damage caused by me and they want to blame you before you even tell them what happened. Not a good service if a part becomes faulty after your 10-14 day time is up. And not even slightly helpful. Ple be advised go somewhere else.

Usual business practise in the computer industry blaming the user for causing damage. The problem is it is difficult to prove your case, but with thousands of incompetent novice builders damaging components through negligence or lack of knowledge I can see both views, even though I was scammed by another retailer for a manufacturers fault.

Wholly thread revival batman
Post a comment
@
    Text