Are EE upgrades really that good? What EE upgrade offers have you gotten?

Posted 23rd Oct
Hi I'm just curious, everytime i go on ebay i see people listing their phones and saying they're selling as it's an unwanted upgrade, i can't seem to understand why they don't return it instead of selling it, because surely selling the phone they still have to pay the contract every month. Are EE upgrades really that good? What kind of offers have you guys gotten?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Option 1:

People who have a poor credit history won't be able to get a loan.
Credit requirement for a phone contract is a lot lower.
Get upgrade, sell phone.

Option 2:

People take out the contract/upgrade and sell the phone.
They stop paying the bill.
Phone is blocked.
Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 23rd Oct
adam_holcombe23/10/2019 10:41

Option 1:People who have a poor credit history won't be able to get a …Option 1:People who have a poor credit history won't be able to get a loan. Credit requirement for a phone contract is a lot lower. Get upgrade, sell phone.Option 2:People take out the contract/upgrade and sell the phone. They stop paying the bill. Phone is blocked.

I really don’t like buying people’s upgrades as your at there mercy for two years, they don’t pay a bill and your phones going off
adam_holcombe23/10/2019 10:41

Option 1:People who have a poor credit history won't be able to get a …Option 1:People who have a poor credit history won't be able to get a loan. Credit requirement for a phone contract is a lot lower. Get upgrade, sell phone.Option 2:People take out the contract/upgrade and sell the phone. They stop paying the bill. Phone is blocked.

Is that the only thing that happens when you stop paying the bill, your phone gets blacklisted? Isn't it illegal
Edited by: "Slick4gaming" 23rd Oct
Yes very good!

I upgraded and took a contract / phone on pre-order (back when the Samsung Galaxy S9 wasn't out)
Round that time, the best deal anyone could get was like £40 a month + £50-100 for the phone.
With EE, I managed to negotiate for £38 a month, no up front cost and kept my old phone (no part-ex)... 8 GB Data, Unlimited Text and Calls.

You just need to find some deals online to haggle with them.
EE Customer Service is very good. Which is why I don't really want to move provider.
vShane1423/10/2019 11:17

...EE Customer Service is very good...

Blimey! There is one happy customer after all.
fanpages23/10/2019 11:35

Blimey! There is one happy customer after all.

Been with EE for over 5 years, always had good coverage, can't think of any outages.
And each time I've come to renew, they've been very supportive and managed to beat most competition prices.

Had a couple of issues with add-ons such as BT Sport, but the EE Customer Service guy helped me and even looped in a BT customer service rep to make sure it got resolved.

Can't ask for more than that.
vShane1423/10/2019 11:38

Been with EE for over 5 years, always had good coverage, can't think of …Been with EE for over 5 years, always had good coverage, can't think of any outages.And each time I've come to renew, they've been very supportive and managed to beat most competition prices.Had a couple of issues with add-ons such as BT Sport, but the EE Customer Service guy helped me and even looped in a BT customer service rep to make sure it got resolved.Can't ask for more than that.

ashmac23/10/2019 10:45

I really don’t like buying people’s upgrades as your at there mercy for two …I really don’t like buying people’s upgrades as your at there mercy for two years, they don’t pay a bill and your phones going off

Ok thanks all, i just found out more from that the guy that's selling it as an upgrade, he said the company he works for is paying the airtime so the phone turns out free for him, makes sense he went for the most expensive phone samsung galaxy fold
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants