Expired

Are Freesat boxes worth getting over a sky entertainment package?

9 replies
Found 7th Jan 2015
As title:

My Sky is about to almost double in price & was wondering if freesat boxes are worth getting?

Or are the BT vision / youview boxes (Whatcher it is called) worth getting to replace the sky box?

Many thanks if you can help

9 Comments

I'm getting freest because our freeview service is poor. Freest with sky hd box does not allow recording and playback so be wary of what they try to sell you.
I'm leaving BT because as I say not enough channels. Going with a self installation of a humax and 60cm quad lib dish.

we have freesat and its great,not sure on sky etc but there obv only a one off payment with this,we gave a freeway recorder and so can record, pause,rewind and all that,never had image quality issues either which we used to so all good here

apart from adding freesat.
if you've got a good broadband, should invest in an android box that has kodi installed, to back it up.

Original Poster

gr8t1

I'm getting freest because our freeview service is poor. Freest with sky … I'm getting freest because our freeview service is poor. Freest with sky hd box does not allow recording and playback so be wary of what they try to sell you.I'm leaving BT because as I say not enough channels. Going with a self installation of a humax and 60cm quad lib dish.

vikkiforbes18

we have freesat and its great,not sure on sky etc but there obv only a … we have freesat and its great,not sure on sky etc but there obv only a one off payment with this,we gave a freeway recorder and so can record, pause,rewind and all that,never had image quality issues either which we used to so all good here

Thank you both for your input has helped me out a lot.

Is the link i posted worth getting? Or sagemcom boxes any good? Or do i just ger a Humax? Thanks

Original Poster

ho5dow

apart from adding freesat.if you've got a good broadband, should invest … apart from adding freesat.if you've got a good broadband, should invest in an android box that has kodi installed, to back it up.

Sorry you just posted before i replied to the other guys.

Well my sky internet keeps locking up for some reason but what android box is best? Would need to record like live tv if possible too? Thanks

I had sky for years then canned it and went for freesat I've had this for a couple of years now it's good but now I'm going for freeview better channels ie you get Dave, Yesterday and Quest (Discovery).

I wouldn't touch youview my mum as it and she's on her second box and now that's started to go wrong.

Remove your sky card from your current box and what channels you have left is pretty much what you get with Freesat/Freeview.

It honestly depends on what you watch, if you want a lot of sky exclusives like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead you'll feel the difference almost instantly.
Having said that for the same price of Sky you can get Netflix (£6.99/m), Amazon Prime (£5.99/m) and NowTV (£6.99/m) and still have change in your pocket.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies people. It is more for my daughter really for her cartoons & just for us to recorded & access recorded series.

(Not too fussed with Game of Thrones & currently going through Walking dead as borrowing the old ones from people at work).

So what freesat boxes are worth getting please? Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person634
    2. Anyone visiting centre parc longleat between 27th-30th22
    3. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…55
    4. Best place to buy a domain22

See more discussions