Are GEARBEST.COM For real! Warranty choices a joke

27 replies
Found 13th Jul
I've a Mi Band 2 that has become faulty under warranty and is now totally useless. I do not know how their deals are still allowed on here. Luckily its only a cheap item (£22.79 USD in their flash sale) and not a phone, have a look at the choices they've given me. Ridiculous! -

Please review our possible solutions:
1 )Keep the item and accept a partial refund to your GB Wallet as store credit.
In this case, you can keep the item and do not need to return it to us.
We can offer a partial refund 3USD to your Wallet and reward you with extra points (e.g. If your refund is 1 USD = 2 points, 3 USD = 6 points etc.). This amount can be used for your future orders.
Learn more about wallet benefits : gearbest.com/m-a…111
Learn more about points benefits : gearbest.com/abo…tml

2) Keep the item and accept a partial refund to your original payment account
We can refund 3USD to your original payment account.
Please note:
- For PayPal account refunds it may take 48 hours days to process and appear in your PayPal account.

Can you please let me know your decision?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards
Yoko
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/ 

Just be cautious on spending larger sums of money fellow Hukkers.

Top comments

Have to be realistic here. You're paying pittance for tech. Expecting warranty and good customer service is plainly irrational.

Some folk here want everything for nothing. Save up, buy expensive high end kit from Apple and get decent service if aftersales quality is what you're looking for.

People overseas making your electronics have a hard enough life without self-entitled consumerbots raging when their tat breaks down.
27 Comments

Seems reasonable. ( Do not annoy the overlords )

Original Poster

lol yes so generous and both solutions virtually the same for an item that is now only fit for the bin. Its taught me a lesson if nothing else.

Press them for more or do a claim via payment method for whole lot. If via PayPal they offer money to cover returns so see if it's covered

Original Poster

Unfortunately I used a credit card

Also turns out their not authorised Xiaomi dealers according to Xiaomi too.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 13th Jul

Buy from a Chinese company - buy twice ! (At least ) oO

Original Poster

rogparki

You know Rog
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 13th Jul

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : [email protected] gearbest.com

Have to be realistic here. You're paying pittance for tech. Expecting warranty and good customer service is plainly irrational.

Some folk here want everything for nothing. Save up, buy expensive high end kit from Apple and get decent service if aftersales quality is what you're looking for.

People overseas making your electronics have a hard enough life without self-entitled consumerbots raging when their tat breaks down.

Vanderlust23 m ago

Have to be realistic here. You're paying pittance for tech. Expecting …Have to be realistic here. You're paying pittance for tech. Expecting warranty and good customer service is plainly irrational. Some folk here want everything for nothing. Save up, buy expensive high end kit from Apple and get decent service if aftersales quality is what you're looking for.People overseas making your electronics have a hard enough life without self-entitled consumerbots raging when their tat breaks down.

The guys selling the tech aren't also making it. They could send another one since this one broke. Not an excuse that its in China so you can get ripped off.

Weird, i had an item go wrong with them and all i had to do was take a video showing it wasn't working and they refunded the whole thing, or gave me the option of having a new one posted out

Gearbest1

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ? … Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ? Gearbest Store Rep.AliceYou can contact me here : [email protected] gearbest.com

Are you authorised xiaomi sellers? Really annoyed if your not as I just bought one last night

davewave

The guys selling the tech aren't also making it.

Check out captain obvious. Go you.

That fact should give you a clue as to how poor the working conditions are for the workers and how small the margins are for the retailers.

Rage on, consumerbot.

I had similar once, never use them again

Vanderlust

Have to be realistic here. You're paying pittance for tech. Expecting … Have to be realistic here. You're paying pittance for tech. Expecting warranty and good customer service is plainly irrational. Some folk here want everything for nothing. Save up, buy expensive high end kit from Apple and get decent service if aftersales quality is what you're looking for.People overseas making your electronics have a hard enough life without self-entitled consumerbots raging when their tat breaks down.

And you call me bitter. You okay hun?

Always pay via Paypal as they will more generally use rationality to resolve disputes and vendors are supposed to operate within the policies defined by Paypal to be able to use their service.

Also be mindful to read the terms and conditions of any vendor outside of the UK/EU are your rights may well be different, so when placing an order, be mindful of the contract that you are entering in to.

But it is still the case that many foreign vendors including other popular sites such as Aliexpress, Banggood etc also suffer from the same CS issues, that never seem to get resolved by better staff training.

In particular reference to this thread, Gearbest themselves did at one point in time suffer so many complaints that their affiliation with Freaktab was suspended, whilst they put in place resolutions to improve service and to some extent this has worked but perhaps more is still required.

If you do have issus in the suture with Gearbest CS then it will be worth reminding them of this 100% Risk-free Shopping declaration.

Your text here

Even if on occasion, they still decide not to listen, it will be of use to whatever payment protection service you go through for dispute resolution.

reddit

Always pay via Paypal as they will more generally use rationality to … Always pay via Paypal as they will more generally use rationality to resolve disputes and vendors are supposed to operate within the policies defined by Paypal to be able to use their service.Also be mindful to read the terms and conditions of any vendor outside of the UK/EU are your rights may well be different, so when placing an order, be mindful of the contract that you are entering in to.But it is still the case that many foreign vendors including other popular sites such as Aliexpress, Banggood etc also suffer from the same CS issues, that never seem to get resolved by better staff training.In particular reference to this thread, Gearbest themselves did at one point in time suffer so many complaints that their affiliation with Freaktab was suspended, whilst they put in place resolutions to improve service and to some extent this has worked but perhaps more is still required.If you do have issus in the suture with Gearbest CS then it will be worth reminding them of this 100% Risk-free Shopping declaration.Your text hereEven if on occasion, they still decide not to listen, it will be of use to whatever payment protection service you go through for dispute resolution.

Speaking purely from a personal perspective, I have had the very occasional runaround when reporting issues but I just stick the the salient points when stating intention to enter dispute resolution and have found that a change of heart has been the outcome.

Just don't rant or rave and get personal or you will muddy the waters and make life more difficult, as well as delay the process, increasing frustration on all sides.

Steer clear of them, why this website heavily promotes them so much is beyond me.

Original Poster

I've sent Alice the order number and had a better offer. As mentioned outside Europe warranty terms are very different.

I ordered December, dispatched in January and can't remember when it was actually received, at least 30 days at a guess.

I've then tried various fixes suggested by xiaomi and people on the Internet for around 2 months and it's also spent some time in the drawer as one of the fixes involves leaving it a week with a flat battery.

I now can have either 10USD refund or pay & 15USD and they'll send a new one.

Original Poster

winifer

Weird, i had an item go wrong with them and all i had to do was take a … Weird, i had an item go wrong with them and all i had to do was take a video showing it wasn't working and they refunded the whole thing, or gave me the option of having a new one posted out

Maybe you had issues sooner than I did. Mines been in the drawer doing nothing and also tried different fixes for a while.

I should really have brought the issue to their attention sooner rather than trying to pair the Bluetooth using different fixes suggest by the Internet and xiaomi.

Xiaomi helped as much as they could by offering advice but won't replace the item as I didn't stick to an authorised seller.
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 14th Jul

ScubaDudes

I've sent Alice the order number and had a better offer. As mentioned … I've sent Alice the order number and had a better offer. As mentioned outside Europe warranty terms are very different. I ordered December, dispatched in January and can't remember when it was actually received, at least 30 days at a guess. I've then tried various fixes suggested by xiaomi and people on the Internet for around 2 months and it's also spent some time in the drawer as one of the fixes involves leaving it a week with a flat battery. I now can have either 10USD refund or pay & 15USD and they'll send a new one.

In this case, weigh up the cost options.

Return and cost for warranty repair is the responsibility of the buyer and they seemingly do not accept fast courier returns, only by the land shipping method, so the turnaround could be quite a long time.

But it is equally a cheap item, as you stated and the current price is even lower ( £17.62), so none of the choices are really great.

Original Poster

omar020

Are you authorised xiaomi sellers? Really annoyed if your not as I just … Are you authorised xiaomi sellers? Really annoyed if your not as I just bought one last night

Unfortunately they're not. I have the email from Xiaomi if you want to see it, PM me your email address.

Original Poster

Both the wife and myself have one. It was hers that went faulty, mine was from aliexpress and touch wood, is still going strong.

I have used them in the past for a Xiaomi Mi band 2, dash cam, usb sd card reader and a couple of other bits and bobs. All have been fantastic and I've never had an issue. Obviously you're buying cheap so I wouldn't expect nor demand Apple-like quality and warranty. I have a cut off of around £30. Anything more than that, I would buy with a warranty from another supplier.

ScubaDudes

Unfortunately they're not. I have the email from Xiaomi if you want to … Unfortunately they're not. I have the email from Xiaomi if you want to see it, PM me your email address.

But in reality that is of no help. If they are authorised sellers you would have to return he product and Xiaomi would exchange it with the seller. You would then have to pay to ship it here. It's just not economically viable for you to do so.

rogparki

If this is true, either you are an unlucky buyer or a bad picker of products and company.
In my experience over 10 years on Amazon and eBay, buy from Chinese company and selectively - buy twice only happened for me for less 1% of total quantity,
but buy once for 99% of my purchases and they worked well enough;
results for me --> saved lots of money over digital product replacement batteries, charges, adapters, cables, odds and ends of electrical accessories.
Moreover it is cheaper overall to buy products with 30%+ savings without warranty as the savings accummulate and in essence you self-warrant your purchases. Do your own maths.

Edited by: "splender" 14th Jul

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

But in reality that is of no help. If they are authorised sellers you … But in reality that is of no help. If they are authorised sellers you would have to return he product and Xiaomi would exchange it with the seller. You would then have to pay to ship it here. It's just not economically viable for you to do so.

Not if Xiaomi dispatched a replacement and asked me to dispose of the faulty one.

Original Poster

Got a replacement coming from Gearbest, sent them 15usd handling charge.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions