Groups

Are gym memberships negotiable?

Are they flexible with their prices, if you played your cards right?

13 Comments

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/galleries/bruce-forsyth/09/mainImage.jpg

as far as i know, no , maybe they would give u a discount after being a member for so and so long but generally they have fixed prices

Original Poster

not very constructive transit, like many of your posts...

[COLOR="Red"]If you play your cards right you can get anything you want in life.[/COLOR]

Original Poster

muffin247;6928859

as far as i know, no , maybe they would give u a discount after being a … as far as i know, no , maybe they would give u a discount after being a member for so and so long but generally they have fixed prices

hmm my mate once got a fiver a month discount at LA fitness after speaking to the manager, so I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience

hdizzle;6928864

not very constructive transit, like many of your posts...

Thanks for following :thumbsup:

I guess theres no harm in asking is there plus a lot of gyms have seen a drop in membership due to people tightening their purse strings. I think the best time of year to join to get a good deal is after the new year

Original Poster

treble99;6928891

I guess theres no harm in asking is there plus a lot of gyms have seen a … I guess theres no harm in asking is there plus a lot of gyms have seen a drop in membership due to people tightening their purse strings. I think the best time of year to join to get a good deal is after the new year

True, but how come January is the best time? is it cos people are skint and don't renew their memberships?

I'd say yes for Fitness First. When I was a member 3 of us used to train together and we all paid different monthly rates for same package I was £21, one was £24 and other was £32, only found out when my sister went to join and they told her it would be £45 a month and that was with a NHS corporate discount. 1 of my friends managed to get his dropped to £21 but then every 3-6 months you'd get a letter saying that the price was being increased, so we left.
    Moneywise it was the worst gym I've eever been to, cancelling membership was difficult to say the least, wouldn't recommend them

Original Poster

thanks for that Peaj,
    I'm actually thinking of Total Fitness, it seems good to me, so I may give it a shot

We actually have a special offer on at the moment, we'll waive the £200 sign up fee, and throw in this water bottle and tote bag, but be quick the offer expires in 13 minutes

Original Poster

bruffterman;6931499

We actually have a special offer on at the moment, we'll waive the £200 … We actually have a special offer on at the moment, we'll waive the £200 sign up fee, and throw in this water bottle and tote bag, but be quick the offer expires in 13 minutes

lol

treble99;6928891

I guess theres no harm in asking is there plus a lot of gyms have seen a … I guess theres no harm in asking is there plus a lot of gyms have seen a drop in membership due to people tightening their purse strings. I think the best time of year to join to get a good deal is after the new year

Not so sure about that, January always sees a huge influx of members at the Gym I go to, maybe New Year resolutions.. they all start keen but are all gone by March. I wouldn't attempt getting a discount in January
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1629
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow55

See more discussions