Groups

Are HD DVDs available to buy in any high st shops?

hi guys

Are HD DVDs available to buy in any high st shops? Or only online

12 Comments

Thing theyve generally come of the shelfs not sure ?

But Gamestation, Game, Blockbusters and the like were selling them for a couple of quid each.

yeah just places that do pre-owned stuf i think.

hmv sell them @trafford center in manchester,,,but buy blu ray,,,

£ land even have them (serious)

Banned

gamestation have hd-dvds... but in smaller stores you have to ask

gamestation :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a look round

You really needed to be part of the dying HD DVD revolution in March 2008 when players were cheap and HD DVD fire sales were a plenty, I picked up many a title at bargain prices.

However all isn't lost as people on Ebay regularly sell off their titles rather than keeping hold of existing HD DVD, most mainstream titles by the likes of Universal can be bought cheaply second hand, you may struggle more finding good prices on any Canal Studios ones as those are rare.

Original Poster

Well I'm doin a other love film trial and they have about 500
    the 360 HD drive only cost me £15 off eBay with the last harry potter film so I think it was worth a punt.

Mr jim e bones;5899052

Well I'm doin a other love film trial and they have about 500the 360 HD … Well I'm doin a other love film trial and they have about 500the 360 HD drive only cost me £15 off eBay with the last harry potter film so I think it was worth a punt.

Yeah it sure is, and as I said if you want to own some titles then really Ebay is your best bet, most of the ones for sale last year were around 2.99-3.99 (you can easily win auctions for the same amount on common titles), although there was a crazy day at HMV where a voucher gave 2 quid off everything!...ordering seperately I got a load for 99p or 1.99!

Also worth checking Ebay auctions from the US, there is a wealth of titles released in the US that were not in the UK, I bought a load on clearance on a recent trip to the US at Frys Electronics

But really, online is the only way to go now, not a lot available in High St stores.

Original Poster

vibeone;5896989

gamestation have hd-dvds... but in smaller stores you have to ask

yes thanks for that,
    ive just asked they are £1.99 second hand and £2.99 new. but they do keep them behind the counter

Mr jim e bones;5905977

yes thanks for that, ive just asked they are £1.99 second hand and £2.99 n … yes thanks for that, ive just asked they are £1.99 second hand and £2.99 new. but they do keep them behind the counter

They should all be £1.99 (except a few which are full price).

I got a load of new ones in mine for £1.99.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
      2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918

See more discussions