are hunter wellies really that good?

Found 16th Jul 2011
looking for some decent wellies .... need to get through a weekend of mud.

hunters seem to review ok, i am a trainers/birkentstock girl.....ie am very crao at wearing anything thats not super comfy. so would rather pay a bit more and not get blisters or sore feet.

what are their sizings like?

or can u recommend a cheaper and decent alternative? thanks
Community Updates
MiscWellies
28 Comments
Crocs are quite good as well..
Original Poster
croc wellies....ok will goooooooogle them thanks

heels....my nemesis! but to be fair all the nice shoes are in heels....i can only brave heels fr a few hours max!
If you want cosy toes get neoprene wellies, I've got Le Chameau ones and I always have nice, warm toes even in snow, very comfy too. These fit small though from my experience.
Hunters are good, I think they fit a little large but I've got really narrow feet and think I may have ben trying on the mens ones.
Use to wear the bog standard wellies then tried some hunters and noticed the difference straight away. They're not loose or flappy so they give a much better wear and fit. Worth the money in my opinion
Hunters are the bees' knees but Lands End wellies are good as well - I have some.
Original Poster
i dont want long ones, as i heard they rub and u need to wear proper socks....its generally for the weekend only. i dont do gardening/horse things/ mud things/ country things!!!
My sister got some last year and i thought they were the most ugliest things ever... but after all the hype i want some... im such a sheep.... baaaaaaaaaaaaa
magicbeans

i dont want long ones, as i heard they rub and u need to wear proper … i dont want long ones, as i heard they rub and u need to wear proper socks....its generally for the weekend only. i dont do gardening/horse things/ mud things/ country things!!!

You want some sort of ankle boot? lol - you know that mud can be quite deep but mainly it slurp slops about?
No, you don't need to wear long socks. As you might imagine, I wear wellies a lot and I only have ankle socks.

http://www.landsend.co.uk/pp/Waterproof-Wellies~14547_253.html?bcc=y&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000021&origin=index
Original Poster
thanks chesso!
I wear wellies a lot too, with ankle socks and jeans. Would never buy them without trying on in a shop though. My most annoying pair are beautiful festival style ones with a buckle ( which I cut off after a few weeks).
Original Poster
thing is no normal shops stock wellies this time of the year!!
magicbeans

order a few online that offers free returns, that way you can try them on at leisure at home
Original Poster
thanks chalky!!
would you not be better with a pair of wellies with neoprene lying thus to not make you feet get cold ?
Original Poster
i really dont know andy....just need comfortable ones. not gonna be too muddy...so want them to look good....hence i keep going for the joules ones:

http://images.joules.com/product-image/K_MILLIEWELLY/French%20Navy/large/K_MILLIEWELLY_FRENCHN.jpg

short and pretty. joules are an ok make right?
magicbeans

Garden centres and farmers supplies shops do! I get mine online though. I must have standard size feet.

Just seen those half wellies with bows - words fail me!
Edited by: "chesso" 17th Jul 2011
Original Poster
chesso

Garden centres and farmers supplies shops do! I get mine online though. … Garden centres and farmers supplies shops do! I get mine online though. I must have standard size feet.Just seen those half wellies with bows - words fail me!

can u tell i dont wear wellies!! haha
I'm a standard size 5 but I watch for heel rub and too tight calves as I tuck jeans inside the boots.

Those joules are cute but how much mud is there going to be? Ok for a bootfair, but real mud would be ruining those bows
magicbeans

can u tell i dont wear wellies!! haha

X) I can always rely on you for a giggle MB.

Like chalkysoil says mud+bows= fashion disaster
I went to a National Trust place recently with some friends, I was wearing my festival boots. I heard someone shout out "Nice boots" but as I'm not a fashionable person I ignored it thinking it was for someone else. Later on, a couple came up to me and the woman said "I hope you weren't offended by my nice boots comment - my boyfriend thinks you might have thought it was Nice Boobs" lol
Original Poster
haha....nice boobs!!!
Original Poster
well after all that i spotted some lovely black glossy ones in asda, remembering that its essential to try them on, and they fit really nice. only £13 and with a cute side buckle....think im gonna just use and abuse them as its only for the weekend!

thanks all
magicbeans

well after all that i spotted some lovely black glossy ones in asda, … well after all that i spotted some lovely black glossy ones in asda, remembering that its essential to try them on, and they fit really nice. only £13 and with a cute side buckle....think im gonna just use and abuse them as its only for the weekend! thanks all

Cool story bro
Original Poster
no probs numpty, tomorrow i will tell u about my purchase of a pair of socks.
I bought the Hunter Boot liners, big, cosy and fluffy, fit over my Town & Country ones no probs. Only £15 in Office
Original Poster
thats a good tip.....thanks

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants