Are Hypnos beds worth it?

Found 3rd Mar 2015
I've pretty much ruined my 2 year old Sealey pillow topped mattress, trying to clean minor stain off of it. It was comfy, but was deteriorating quickly. The one before this was rubbish too really, don't know why I bought another.

I can get a 1200 pocket sprung Hypnos for £476. Just wondering if can get better for the money?
All sounds good to me except its only 22cm thick...(?)

mattressman.co.uk/mat…spx
Community Updates
AskBed
18 Comments
We had a Hypnos bed and it was incredibly comfortable and well made but that was about 8 years ago. Changed it for a memory foam mattress and what a pile of expensive rubbish this has turned out to be
I bought three hypnos cashmere mattresses...from www.bedsite.co.UK

got a great price from the people at bedsite... suggest you call ...

I think it was worth spending the extra cash on what I consider a premium quality brand...

I suggest whatever you buy you should locate in a shop and try out...I would not buy a mattress without trying...

I went to try in a local shop who refused to discount at all so I had no guilt about buying from bedsite....hehehe
biggrub

We had a Hypnos bed and it was incredibly comfortable and well made but … We had a Hypnos bed and it was incredibly comfortable and well made but that was about 8 years ago. Changed it for a memory foam mattress and what a pile of expensive rubbish this has turned out to be

I can imagine, I'm convinced most mattresses that have a pillow, latex or foam top are hiding a crappy mattress underneath the add on layer.
i have a millbrook bed wouldnt change brand ever,fantastic bed
invest in a vispring. Yes, they are up to £100,000+ but remember you spend 8 hours a day in them. people these days spend 2 hours in their car a day yet spend many thousands on them
fbl

invest in a vispring. Yes, they are up to £100,000+ but remember you … invest in a vispring. Yes, they are up to £100,000+ but remember you spend 8 hours a day in them. people these days spend 2 hours in their car a day yet spend many thousands on them

Only need it to last well for up to 5 years then I'm ofski and it will eb put in a spare room. So I don't really want to spend more than £600 for a mattress.

They do look good but i'm I'm not sure if I'd ever buy one. Yeah they might last 20 years or something (?), but I'd not keep a bed that long due to cleanliness worries. Been 100% comfy in my circa £500 or equivalent mattresses all my life, or maybe I don't know comfy ha.

Really just wondering about these Hypnos mattresses. They do seem about £100 more than the equivalent offering in most run of the mill brands.

Edited by: "will3000" 3rd Mar 2015
will3000

Only need it to last well for up to 5 years then I'm ofski and it will eb … Only need it to last well for up to 5 years then I'm ofski and it will eb put in a spare room. So I don't really want to spend more than £600 for a mattress.They do look good but i'm I'm not sure if I'd ever buy one. Yeah they might last 20 years or something (?), but I'd not keep a bed that long due to cleanliness worries. Been 100% comfy in my circa £500 or equivalent mattresses all my life, or maybe I don't know comfy ha.Really just wondering about these Hypnos mattresses. They do seem about £100 more than the equivalent offering in most run of the mill brands.

they are good and protect your investment from the your cleanliness concerns by getting a decent mattress protector too...

life is about balance though...I agree that one spends a lot of time in bed so spend hard ...but 600 is a decent amount to spend on a bed and so you will get quality from a quality manufacturer....I'm like hypnos and have disappointed. but you need to research which one..

you may end up displeased with hypnos because you bought the wrong firmness or finish or colour or all of the above..

per my earlier post, try before you biy
I think ours is a miracoil and its superb, comfy, deep.
gr8t1

I think ours is a miracoil and its superb, comfy, deep.

Silent Night one? I very nearly bought one earlier. Can get for £400. But I see a lot of people saying Silent Night do not last more than 18 months to 2 years. How long have you had it?
3 1/2 yrs and I weigh 18 stone and still no problems.
We got it through Tesco with a double sprung divan for £450
gr8t1

3 1/2 yrs and I weigh 18 stone and still no problems.We got it through … 3 1/2 yrs and I weigh 18 stone and still no problems.We got it through Tesco with a double sprung divan for £450

Hmm ok, this was teh one I nearly bought
mattressonline.co.uk/Pro…147
will3000

Hmm ok, this was teh one I nearly bought … Hmm ok, this was teh one I nearly bought http://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Product/Silentnight-1350-Pocket-Naturals-Mattress-P1147

Actually no. It's not in a small double. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I think it is this one, but we got ki g size

tesco.com/dir…930
You can buy HYPNOS BEDS same as used in premier inns online through premier inn they are very reasonable and so so comfortable , we have had one as we use premier inn often , best sleep ever
Sorry forgot they are cheaper than your quote and they r 27 cm depth , just type in premier inn beds to buy
we got a hypnos bed and mattresss over 10 years ago and its still going strong , would highly recommend .
Crendon Outlet on ebay sell Hypnos mattresses, divan bases (sprung or platform), headboards, bed sets, bedsteads, etc. I've got the Lansdowne Cashmere 2 drawer bed set (that model is a contract bed) and it's wonderful!
http://www.hypnoscontractbeds.com/beds/contract-mattresses/lansdowne-cashmere

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Crendon-Furniture-Outlet

Crendon Outlet also have the Premier Bedstead mattress, but it's an odd size, sadly. ebay.co.uk/itm…201?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ad8478b01

(According to your link in the original post, which is a Small Double, Google tells me a UK Small Double is 120 cm x 190 cm (4' 0" x 6' 3")). The "Odd Size" Hypnos Premier Bedstead mattress above is 120 cm x 200 cm.

The stock changes quite often. The only Small Double I can see at the moment is this: ebay.co.uk/itm…309
Edited by: "louiselouise" 7th Mar 2015
Hi will3000. I'm looking into buying a new bed/mattress and doing a bit of research into Hypnos beds (and others) and I found this thread of yours and was wondering which one you opted for in the end? I realise it's 2 and a half years later but I imagine it's given you plenty of time to establish what you think of it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions