Groups

Are Ikea In The Wrong?

Over a year ago my husband and I signed up for ikea cards as they offered 'FREE TEA OR COFFEE FOR LIFE!' This meant if we showed our cards any day of the week we got a cup for a hot drink. Today we went to the Thurrock Ikea and I went to get my tea and was told that they had stopped it! I was annoyed and told the woman no one had informed me I had died! She wasn't amused and said I should of received a letter, and that now you can use the new family cards for free tea and coffee monday - friday instead. I only ever go on a Sunday so how is that good for me? Has any one received a letter telling them that they can no longer have a free hot drink on the weekends showing their Ikea store card? I'm truely annoyed, I'm planning to call them tomorrow. Surely it's false advertising? :x

19 Comments

[CENTER][SIZE=7]Loud Noises[/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Banned

I'm sure it said somewhere in the terms and conditions when you signed up that they could withdraw the offer at any time with or without notice. Sorry.

crissy_uk

Over a year ago my husband and I signed up for ikea cards as they offered … Over a year ago my husband and I signed up for ikea cards as they offered 'FREE TEA OR COFFEE FOR LIFE!' This meant if we showed our cards any day of the week we got a cup for a hot drink. Today we went to the Thurrock Ikea and I went to get my tea and was told that they had stopped it! I was annoyed and told the woman no one had informed me I had died! She wasn't amused and said I should of received a letter, and that now you can use the new family cards for free tea and coffee monday - friday instead. I only ever go on a Sunday so how is that good for me? Has any one received a letter telling them that they can no longer have a free hot drink on the weekends showing their Ikea store card? I'm truely annoyed, I'm planning to call them tomorrow. Surely it's false advertising?x

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I guess I took life to mean life and didn't read the small print, I don't see why they need to withdraw it. So some people who have the store card get an extra two days of free tea, when everyone can get it mon - fri now.

How much did you pay for the IKEA card?

crissy_uk

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]Has any one received a letter telling them … [SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]Has any one received a letter telling them that they can no longer have a free hot drink on the weekends showing their Ikea store card? [/FONT][/SIZE]:x

[SIZE="5"]NO[/SIZE]

Original Poster

it's a credit card

Banned

crissy_uk

it's a credit card

Cancel it, when they ask why tell them :thumbsup:

Free tea for life means for the life of the offer

ok so u dont get a free hot drink

but how can that wind u up and make u feel annoyed?

meh i would just buy one lol

muffin247

ok so u dont get a free hot drinkbut how can that wind u up and make u … ok so u dont get a free hot drinkbut how can that wind u up and make u feel annoyed?meh i would just buy one lol

How the other half live.

Original Poster

because I've had a bad week and I was at the front of a long que and I'd been waiting ages and the woman looked at me like I was a loony! It's always just been part of going to Ikea, I have my free tea, it tastes better when its free!

sue the heartless swedish gits! i'd offer to take the case on for free, but i'm not a lawyer.

Original Poster

billyX

sue the heartless swedish gits! i'd offer to take the case on for free, … sue the heartless swedish gits! i'd offer to take the case on for free, but i'm not a lawyer.

LOL :-D

Do you make your free tea last a good hour, sipping it so you can stay out of the cold

Original Poster

you get free refill too so don't need to sip

crissy_uk

you get free refill too so don't need to sip

well u get **** now, haha, u gonna have to take a flask

Original Poster

I have an Ikea flask do you think they will mind? Next they will do away with the free creche and there will be no point in going.

they have a free creche but not a free cup of tea?!

I wonder if tea and coffee is still free with the family card.

*shrug* rather lose out on a cup of tea then a 32" tv...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk11
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      3. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick88

See more discussions