Are Kinguin and G2A safe to buy from?

Found 12th Dec 2015
Insanely cheap but I don't want to buy an illegal key or something.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Every G2A key I've bought works but the rumours still float around about them
Being dodgey
G2A is a super legit site and i buy from them all the time highly recommend.
maizecorn

Insanely cheap but I don't want to buy an illegal key or something.

It's always the case with any 'grey market' (unofficial) key reseller that the origin of keys can't be guaranteed. It's certainly not unknown for them to sell keys originally bought using stolen credit cards, for example.

My strong recommendation would be to avoid, but not everyone feels the same. I believe that in many cases, if you end up receiving a key that is non-functional or is subsequently banned, you may be able to get a refund or replacement from the seller.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 12th Dec 2015
Original Poster
kuboro37

G2A is a super legit site and i buy from them all the time highly … G2A is a super legit site and i buy from them all the time highly recommend.

Can't you get in trouble with Steam or anything though? That's my main concern. Heard Kinguin are brilliant, I just don't want to have my Steam account banned or anything like that.
Original Poster
Illusionary

It's always the case with any 'grey market' (unofficial) key reseller … It's always the case with any 'grey market' (unofficial) key reseller that the origin of keys can't be guaranteed. It's certainly not unknown for them to sell keys bought using stolen credit cards. My strong recommendation would be to avoid, but not everyone feels the same. I believe that in many cases, if you end up receiving a key that is non-functional or is subsequently banned, you may be able to get a refund or replacement from the seller.

Kinguin seem to have an optional guarantee that you pay a slightly bigger fee for. My only concern is my Steam account being damaged somehow.
maizecorn

Kinguin seem to have an optional guarantee that you pay a slightly bigger … Kinguin seem to have an optional guarantee that you pay a slightly bigger fee for. My only concern is my Steam account being damaged somehow.

They do, yes. I don't believe that Steam currently have a policy of bans for the use of stolen keys, but the relevant games could be removed from your account and of course they could change policy in future.
Original Poster
Illusionary

They do, yes. I don't believe that Steam currently have a policy of bans … They do, yes. I don't believe that Steam currently have a policy of bans for the use of stolen keys, but the relevant games could be removed from your account and of course they could change policy in future.

If the game was removed, would that guarantee from Kinguin themselves mean I get my money back?
maizecorn

If the game was removed, would that guarantee from Kinguin themselves … If the game was removed, would that guarantee from Kinguin themselves mean I get my money back?

I've never used them and don't intend to, but supposedly they have a 30-day guarantee. Presumably after that period you'd be on your own.

http://www.kinguin.net/buyer_protection

Edit: T&Cs here: kinguin.net/terms
Edited by: "Illusionary" 12th Dec 2015
Bought from G2A at Easter time, I had to open a paypal dispute with them as the key was revoked after about 1 month.
Only ever had one invalid key ,I used the shield and PayPal had a new key in about 15 min's .....

Always use the shield that guarantee you a valid key and PayPal that way if you do get a problem .Paypal will refund the money .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions