Groups

Are Mars taking over the world?

While watching TV last night, and noticed that Mars owns Sheba cat food and Dolmio pasta sauces. Never knew... I wonder how many other companies they own but don't make it obvious?

12 Comments

This is taken from their website, it seams they produce quiete a lot of other brands.

Mars, Incorporated is one of the largest food manufacturers in the world … Mars, Incorporated is one of the largest food manufacturers in the world and we operate in six business segments: Chocolate, Petcare, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, and Symbioscience.Mars is the world's leading confectionery company, following our acquisition of the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company in 2008, with five, billion-dollar confectionery brands: M&M'S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, MARS®, EXTRA® and ORBIT®.Mars is the world's leading petcare company, with three, billion-dollar petcare brands: PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN® and WHISKAS®.Two of our brands are more than 100 years old: JUICY FRUIT® and SPEARMINT®. Seven of our brands are more than 50 years old: MILKY WAY®, SNICKERS, MARS, M&M'S, DOUBLEMINT®, UNCLE BEN'S® and WHISKAS. Please click on one of our brands to learn more, or, for a full list of our brands by segment

Original Poster

kroozing

This is taken from their website, it seams they produce quiete a lot of … This is taken from their website, it seams they produce quiete a lot of other brands.

So basically, they own the cat food market... lol if they own at least two makes there

Wow is there anything Unilever "don't" make? LOL

Also, it was even less obvious before, as, up until 2007 Mars was known as Masterfoods in Europe.

Check out Nestle

And the infamous Kraft.

PepsiCo is an interesting one too.

Proctor & Gamble...(_;)

Google 'General Mills', then I suggest watching the film Food Inc. Definitely food for thought if not food for my plate!

Betty Crocker
    Big G cereals
    Big T Burgers
    Bisquick
    Bugles
    Cascadian Farm
    Cheerios
    Chex
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    Diablitos Underwood
    Fiber One
    Frescarini
    Fruit Snacks
    Gardetto's
    Gold Medal
    Good Earth
    Green Giant
    Häagen-Dazs
    Hamburger Helper
    Jus-Rol
    Kix
    Knack & Back
    La Salteña
    Lärabar
    Latina
    Lucky Charms
    Macaroni Grill
    Monsters
    Muir Glen
    Nature Valley
    Old El Paso
    Pillsbury
    Pillsbury Atta
    Progresso
    Total
    Totino's / Jeno's
    Trix
    V.Pearl
    Wanchai Ferry
    Wheaties
    Yoplait

Edited by: "k129048218" 9th May 2011

google nestle and then craft!

Always shocks me the size of Nestlé, in terms of revenue, Proctor & Gamble and Unilever would have to merge just to match them.

golemsmate

So basically, they own the cat food market... lol if they own at least … So basically, they own the cat food market... lol if they own at least two makes there

In this country they own about half, Nestle (Felix, Gocat, Purina, Bakers) own the other half.

and let's not forget Premier Foods in the UK. It's amazing how so few companies control what we eat.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876400
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671412
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1022

See more discussions