Groups

are men discriminated against when it comes to sales

i notice there is a lot of disparity when it comes clothes sales.

if we take littlewoods for example in there current sale they have 2872 items in there women's section, but for there mens they only have 970. this is a massive difference.

52 Comments

I would only shop in the men's department, so wouldn't have noticed

It's just that women are more susceptible to stupid fads, so more of their clothing goes on clearance.

If I were to take a look at the amount of clothes which I own and compared that to the amount my OH owns it would probably be at a ratio of about 1:3.

.....and they keep changing their mind not to mention its the most important thing in their life

this thread is so sexist oO can't wait until the female members flood in here...when they've finished in the kitchen of course
    http://2010americancivilrights.wikispaces.com/file/view/1950s_housewife_in_kitchen_interior.jpg/139972723/1950s_housewife_in_kitchen_interior.jpg

RossD89

If I were to take a look at the amount of clothes which I own and … If I were to take a look at the amount of clothes which I own and compared that to the amount my OH owns it would probably be at a ratio of about 1:3.

​with my ex it was more like 1 to 10 after she had a clear out.

DarkEnergy2012

this thread is so sexist oO can't wait until the female members flood in … this thread is so sexist oO can't wait until the female members flood in here...when they've finished in the kitchen of course

​when they have sorted there "lounging on the internet outfit" out.

Not just sales! retirement is a good example. We are descriminted against but normally we just get on with it.

DarkEnergy2012

this thread is so sexist oO can't wait until the female members flood in … this thread is so sexist oO can't wait until the female members flood in here...when they've finished in the kitchen of course

Well she's a cook in the kitchen so lets hope she's a **** in the bedroom.

airfix

Well she's a cook in the kitchen so lets hope she's a **** in the bedroom.

asleep?

Banned

fanpages

asleep?

You'll get locked up for that.

fanpages

asleep?

lol, no it was starred out as a naughty one

clue-its a type of frost

There's just more of a range in women's departments. We have bags, purses, jewellery, tights, dresses, skirts, leggings, hair accessories, a wide range of different styles in shoes, tops...and so on.
    Edited by: "A1512" 26th Sep 2016

airfix

lol, no it was starred out as a naughty oneclue-its a type of frost

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/51/75/4f/51754fcc1ff71579be7d9d9fa32c565e.jpg

Any man that's tried to buy anything in the "Xmas sales" knows there is no equality when it comes to sales.

airfix

lol, no it was starred out as a naughty oneclue-its a type of frost

Still none the wiser?

OldEnglish

Still none the wiser?

Say 'horse' without the 's'

DarkEnergy2012

These cavemen attitudes are so 1970's. For me, what the little lady wants, the little lady gets. If it helps make her pocket money go a bit further, everyone wins.

Mens fashion is basically the same every year and has been for over a century, little need to reduce it like they do for women.

Also, commonly men are much happier to wear something more than once, so I'd bet volume of clothing sales for women are far higher, so more produced.
    Edited by: "delusion" 26th Sep 2016

airfix

Type of frost, what sort of clues that.X)

OldEnglish

Intellectual ?

airfix

Intellectual ?

No ones ever called me that before. Thank you

OldEnglish

Maybe she's a cooler in bed , I dunno , I'm confused same as you

you have the right to buy 'womens' clothes too dont you?

Who cares. Has modern life and its many luxuries really became so dreary that people are claiming discrimination over limited clothing choice.
    Why does everything come down to discrimination and racism.
    Little woods don't stock any Burka's or Hijabs so does that mean they are discriminatory? No, they stock what they feel will make a profit.
    Can't get over the amount of positive discrimination that is perpetuated in modern society on the pretence of perceived privilege but clothing choice isn't one of them.

john184

Who cares. Has modern life and its many luxuries really became so dreary … Who cares. Has modern life and its many luxuries really became so dreary that people are claiming discrimination over limited clothing choice. Why does everything come down to discrimination and racism. Little woods don't stock any Burka's or Hijabs so does that mean they are discriminatory? No, they stock what they feel will make a profit.Can't get over the amount of positive discrimination that is perpetuated in modern society on the pretence of perceived privilege but clothing choice isn't one of them.

Are you that guy that does that joke thread

Joey Bloggsy

Are you that guy that does that joke thread

No, ask your mum. She knows me pretty well.;)

john184

Who cares. Has modern life and its many luxuries really became so dreary … Who cares. Has modern life and its many luxuries really became so dreary that people are claiming discrimination over limited clothing choice. Why does everything come down to discrimination and racism. Little woods don't stock any Burka's or Hijabs so does that mean they are discriminatory? No, they stock what they feel will make a profit.Can't get over the amount of positive discrimination that is perpetuated in modern society on the pretence of perceived privilege but clothing choice isn't one of them.

I think you may be lost, here's the site you're looking for: dailymail.co.uk/hom…tml

john184

No, ask your mum. She knows me pretty well.;)

Hi Dad. oO

airfix

I thought you meant cold.

Afraid this is the way of the shop culture these days. I was in peacocks with the wife - and all womens and childrens clothing was 20% off. I asked the woman on the till why mens wasn't included, and she diddnt know.

Also bugs me how every multi-gender clothes store (example: Primark) has a huge floor space area for womens clothing, and only one small corner for mens.
    Women definitely have the upper hand when it comes to clothes shopping

Yes men are discriminated against when it comes to clothes sales.
    Women normally get a whole range of sizes, upto 90% off and rails and rails of stuff to pick through.

We normally end up with a range of 28" waist trousers with 33" legs, XS T-shirts, XXXL jumpers and flip flops. All with upto 30% off.
    I'm all for equality but try the boot on the other foot. I find bargains on lots of stuff I buy, just not sodding clothes.

It is because men tend to know what they want, they know their sizes and will keep it for a long time, i.e shoes. Where as women haven't a clue what they want and like everything till they try it on. If they are a size 12 they will buy a size 8, 10, 12 and possibly a 14 just incase something has slipped, then send the lot back complaining that the clothes always look better on the models, hence why womens clothes have the best discount in sales as too much surplus and a lot of returns. it will be similar with kids clothes due to sizing.
    Edited by: "caverncity" 26th Sep 2016

Have you never heard of supply and demand op? Women demand more clothes, simple.

Maybe a little, the price of men's underwear is shocking. Don't ask me how I know!

I'm surprised we haven't had YDWTK on here screaming discrimination or racism by now.
    I wait with bated breath.

As a percentage of product range/stocked for men what % is on sale?! Same for womens, most department stores stock a lot more womens clothes then men so you would expect more to be on sale....maybe.

moneysavingkitten

Maybe a little, the price of men's underwear is shocking. Don't ask me … Maybe a little, the price of men's underwear is shocking. Don't ask me how I know!

I don't know what happened to M & S underwear but I can't get into it these days, it's all tight around your bits, horrible fit now

Next is a lot better these days.

Original Poster

airfix

I don't know what happened to M & S underwear but I can't get into it … I don't know what happened to M & S underwear but I can't get into it these days, it's all tight around your bits, horrible fit now :(Next is a lot better these days.

yeah they are all ball strangers.

the socks are also thin like tights, what the hell is going on!

brendanhickey

yeah they are all ball strangers. the socks are also thin like tights, … yeah they are all ball strangers. the socks are also thin like tights, what the hell is going on!

I dunno, I bought a few packs of trunks and was walking around at work like John Inman, people thought I'd came out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​44
      2. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked44
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial712
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay716

See more discussions