Groups

Are my SHURE SE-110 headphones faulty?

Banned
    Bought these from play about 2 months ago when on special offer. Only used them twice since then but now starting to use them regularly. I notice that I can hear a loud contact noise when I touch the wires (down to the first connector) or touch the back of the earphones. Its ok when loud music is on as I dont notice it but when quiet bits come on, it becomes very annoying when walking / cycling as they constantly touch my jacket etc.

This can't be right can it?

4 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Any idea how I can return them as play now states on all order:-

Our returns policy is valid for 28 days from receipt of an item.

I guess these are in-ear headphones, which have a very tight fit. The way the bass is delivered is by resonance through your skull! Hence the need for a tight fit. One by product is that any contact into the cord of the ear pieces also cause vibration, hence making a percievable noise. I have the same issue with my Sennheiser CX500s. I don't believe it to be a fault.

If you want some headphones to use whilst walking along, I don't think the inner-ear, noise exclusion type are a good choice.

I think this is just how these are, my Sures do the same as do a set of Sennheisser CX300. I've had both sets over a year and noticed that this was one of the negative points so knew about it before I purchased them.

Original Poster Banned

Heavertron;4026490

I guess these are in-ear headphones, which have a very tight fit. The way … I guess these are in-ear headphones, which have a very tight fit. The way the bass is delivered is by resonance through your skull! Hence the need for a tight fit. One by product is that any contact into the cord of the ear pieces also cause vibration, hence making a percievable noise. I have the same issue with my Sennheiser CX500s. I don't believe it to be a fault.If you want some headphones to use whilst walking along, I don't think the inner-ear, noise exclusion type are a good choice.

scotsann;4026506

I think this is just how these are, my Sures do the same as do a set of … I think this is just how these are, my Sures do the same as do a set of Sennheisser CX300. I've had both sets over a year and noticed that this was one of the negative points so knew about it before I purchased them.

Thanks all. Great sound but to me, this makes them pretty much unusable. Guess it's ebay for them :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger22
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism916
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764345
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416148

See more discussions