Groups

Are Nintendo wii's region free?

Hi all
    I purchased the tony hawk proving ground for the wii from play.com £2.99 for my sisters kids as she is visiting from Australia soon. Will the pal version work on an Aussie Wii? My sister wont have a clue and it's a little surprise too.

I searched via google couldn't find a decisive answer?

Cheers.

9 Comments

Banned

nope ntsc or pal

but oz is same as uk pal

only difference was that wii sports comes in a proper case in oz where uk gets a crap slip case

Original Poster

casparwhite;5474145

nope ntsc or palbut oz is same as uk pal

thanks for your reply, I'm glad it will work on her wii on Oz, Cheers!:thumbsup:, I just assumed it was pal, never owned a wii

Banned

tonygee;5474167

thanks for your reply, I'm glad it will work on her wii on Oz, … thanks for your reply, I'm glad it will work on her wii on Oz, Cheers!:thumbsup:

its not a different planet you know....lol

Original Poster

casparwhite;5474183

its not a different planet you know....lol

No idea about wii's, as I have never owned or wanted one. I knew there used to be a compatabitiy issue regarding the PS2 with Asia, USA, UK etc so I thought make sure before I hand the game over otherwise I'll have to ebay my gift that was not compatible. :thumbsup:

Banned

tonygee;5474274

No idea about wii's, as I have never owned or wanted one. I knew there … No idea about wii's, as I have never owned or wanted one. I knew there used to be a compatabitiy issue regarding the PS2 with Asia, USA, UK etc so I thought make sure before I hand the game over otherwise I'll have to ebay my gift that was not compatible. :thumbsup:

lol i was talking about the "on oz" statement :-D

Original Poster

casparwhite;5474302

lol i was talking about the "on oz" statement :-D

I'm with you now, grammar typo:oops:

casparwhite;5474145

nope ntsc or palbut oz is same as uk palonly difference was that wii … nope ntsc or palbut oz is same as uk palonly difference was that wii sports comes in a proper case in oz where uk gets a crap slip case

I got a proper case for Wii Sports and not just a card sleeve,got my Wii from Comet.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5491813

I got a proper case for Wii Sports and not just a card sleeve,got my Wii … I got a proper case for Wii Sports and not just a card sleeve,got my Wii from Comet.

You originally got a proper case, they then changed it to the cardboard sleeve

Paddy_o_furniture;5491829

You originally got a proper case, they then changed it to the cardboard … You originally got a proper case, they then changed it to the cardboard sleeve

Yeh just thought I'd say,we've had our Wii a fair while now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1522
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64490
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767420
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1216
      5. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671415

See more discussions