Are Nintendo wii's region free?

Found 12th Jun 2009
Hi all
I purchased the tony hawk proving ground for the wii from play.com £2.99 for my sisters kids as she is visiting from Australia soon. Will the pal version work on an Aussie Wii? My sister wont have a clue and it's a little surprise too.

I searched via google couldn't find a decisive answer?

Cheers.
Community Updates
9 Comments
nope ntsc or pal

but oz is same as uk pal

only difference was that wii sports comes in a proper case in oz where uk gets a crap slip case
casparwhite;5474145

nope ntsc or palbut oz is same as uk pal

thanks for your reply, I'm glad it will work on her wii on Oz, Cheers!:thumbsup:, I just assumed it was pal, never owned a wii
tonygee;5474167

thanks for your reply, I'm glad it will work on her wii on Oz, … thanks for your reply, I'm glad it will work on her wii on Oz, Cheers!:thumbsup:

its not a different planet you know....lol
casparwhite;5474183

its not a different planet you know....lol

No idea about wii's, as I have never owned or wanted one. I knew there used to be a compatabitiy issue regarding the PS2 with Asia, USA, UK etc so I thought make sure before I hand the game over otherwise I'll have to ebay my gift that was not compatible. :thumbsup:
tonygee;5474274

No idea about wii's, as I have never owned or wanted one. I knew there … No idea about wii's, as I have never owned or wanted one. I knew there used to be a compatabitiy issue regarding the PS2 with Asia, USA, UK etc so I thought make sure before I hand the game over otherwise I'll have to ebay my gift that was not compatible. :thumbsup:

lol i was talking about the "on oz" statement :-D
casparwhite;5474302

lol i was talking about the "on oz" statement :-D

I'm with you now, grammar typo:oops:
casparwhite;5474145

nope ntsc or palbut oz is same as uk palonly difference was that wii … nope ntsc or palbut oz is same as uk palonly difference was that wii sports comes in a proper case in oz where uk gets a crap slip case

I got a proper case for Wii Sports and not just a card sleeve,got my Wii from Comet.
Mum2Connor&Cerys;5491813

I got a proper case for Wii Sports and not just a card sleeve,got my Wii … I got a proper case for Wii Sports and not just a card sleeve,got my Wii from Comet.

You originally got a proper case, they then changed it to the cardboard sleeve
Paddy_o_furniture;5491829

You originally got a proper case, they then changed it to the cardboard … You originally got a proper case, they then changed it to the cardboard sleeve

Yeh just thought I'd say,we've had our Wii a fair while now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants