Are Online-Technology-Store.com Legitimate?

Found 8th Nov 2011
Has anyone heard of online-technology-store.com? My sister wants to order a camera from them but I can't find any information on them.
Community Updates
Misc
29 Comments
with that many -'s in the address its bound to be dodgy

whois.domaintools.com/onl…com

---------------------

He also owns 6 other domain names

WHOIS Server 3.1

Domain Name.........: online-technology-store.com
Creation Date.......: 2011-07-22 00:00:00
Expiration Date.....: 2012-07-22 00:00:00

Registrant Details..:
Registrant Name.....: Grzegorz Nowakowski
First Name..........: Grzegorz
Last Name...........: Nowakowski
Address Line 1......: 75 Kings Street
Address Line 2......:
City................: London
State...............: london
Country.............: GB
Post Code...........: w6 9hy
Phone...............: (+44) 7761848477
Fax.................: (+)
Email Address.......:

Admin Contact Details:
First Name..........: Grzegorz
Last Name...........: Nowakowski
Address Line 1......: 75 Kings Street
Address Line 2......:
City................: London
State...............: london
Country.............: GB
Post Code...........: w6 9hy
Phone...............: (+44) 7761848477
Fax.................: (+)
Email Address.......:

-----------------

Edited by: "Nailez" 8th Nov 2011
They're all registered to the same address as Barclays Bank! Definitely dodgy oO Thank you
I reckon so, I nearly fell into this trap - realised before entering payment details that the web page wasn't secured.
Yep was thinking of buying a lens of these jokers - glad I read your review. Thanks Sushi you're a super hero!
Nearly caught me out too, just spotted the card entry screen was not https, so aborted the order
Foolishly, If you do enter credit card details the site reports the first 4 digits are for a bank that cannot be used with this site, please enter details for another card! That made me suspicious and I immediately stopped my card.
I ordered a Dell Monitor and entered my card details. I too got the first 4 digits are for a bank that cannot be used with this site, please enter details for another card! message and was suspicious. Even had another card ready to enter details with ...lucky i found this blog. Bloody Polish scamsters. Am going to send the details through to the office of fair trading...not that they'll do anything. Thx all for alerting me!
I work in the City and took a walk around to their 'office'. I couldn't find it so it tried calling them on their advertised landline - got an invalid number signal. I knew their prices were too good to be true!
I guess maxiargos.com is a scam too. £630.06 for the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II is just plain silly.
Had left this a few days back, not sure why it's not showing. But my friend was going to buy a camera from them and emailed them to check a price. They did email him back immediately, in the email there was an address and company name. I checked the company name on Companies House website and they don't exist, the address in the email didn't match the address given on their contact us page, and the contact number given on their site was dead!! So please HotUKdeals this time round add my comments to this blog!
One last update. They did respond to an email I sent about being able to visit their shop to purchase some camera equipment. They responded in a poorly written email that they are only operating online. Their address is now apparently 323 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7TU.
kaegee

Their address is now apparently 323 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, … Their address is now apparently 323 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7TU.

hurstwarne.co.uk/105…tml - Self letted short term leases etc etc not that this company will be or will ever be there
Edited by: "Nailez" 16th Nov 2011
looks like they own this site too

hotukdeals.com/mis…373

have the same address as the one replied to kaegee

Registered office:
323 Kingston Road
Leatherhead
Surrey
KT22 7TU
UK
The wife was in the middle of buyingme a new lens as my Xmas present from this site she found it on Google shopping, Luckily for the wife, she phoned her bank and stopped payment after spotting this was a dodgy site
I contacted them and got a reply in 15 minutes:

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer
Thank you for inquiry.
At the moment we unable to take payment from you using our online payment system. To avoid this problem please go back and select International bank transfer as payment option.
Because of this technical problem we will give you extra 10% discount on all products.
All you need to do is to put this code on the comments box 10% OFF DERDDSDDE and when you make a payment manually take off 10% OFF the amount. We will inform our billing department about you order.
Bes Regards
Online Technology Store LTD
323 Kingston Road
Leatherhead
Surrey
KT22 7TU
UK
--------------------------------------------------------
I'd really like to speak to them face to face

Everyone please take care when buying online, these scammers deserve to be strung up!
Also I would like to order a Nikon camera. I have checked prices and they are unbelievable.
I have tried to find more information about this company but I can`t find it.
Thanks God I have found this website. I will chase this man as I am polish and I can check his profile on polish websites. Cheers guys for usefull information.
I would like to speak to him face to face as well.
Can't believe they are still running the scam?? I wish I knew what to do or who to report it too, start with Google perhaps?? I'll give it a try in a minute, but they can't go on like this. I wonder how many fell for the scam!! Classic reply to BairnsRus.
Really glad I found you guys. I was going to buy a couple of lenses and a camera but as I was down in the city this week I thought I would email them to check I can call in. The number is not working so I emailed them and got no reply. They should be reported to google as I got their name from a search for best prices. Might drop a line on the watchdog website, they are good at exposing these type of sites
Our Google friends don't make it any easier, tried to report the scammer, went around in circles within the "not so contactable Google" website then gave up and walked away empty handed!
It appears impossible to report such companies. It's as if it is no one's jurisdiction. This journalist got stung for £2k oO
guardian.co.uk/mon…gle
Nailez

http://www.hurstwarne.co.uk/1055.html - Self letted short term leases etc … http://www.hurstwarne.co.uk/1055.html - Self letted short term leases etc etc not that this company will be or will ever be there

X) absolutely - and good investigative work by the way. I live in the area but won't waste my time driving past - especially now that I've seen the link Nailez provided.
Report this and all fake websites to google. Read below and follow instructions:

Your text here
I filed a complaint here

I don't know if it will do any good but I'm willing to try
It may be worth letting Barclays Bank know that someone is trading from their address, surely they'll want to rectify the situation and with the their weight behind it, it may just get done (hopefully).

Luckily I searched this just before ordering a DSLR via international transfer.
Hello
I fell for it. I have transferred € 195. A day later, the page no longer accessible. I hope that my bank can retrieve the money. They're all criminals.
I have transferred 101£ ...
I just transfered 278€. i found this side here too late. now i can't go to the site anymore, exactly like berndgerwin. what shall i do now? is there any sense to inform the police? thanks for good advice...
Wow, really glad I asked about these guys. What a bunch of scumbags! Hope the people who ordered from them can get their money back.
Please do not have anything to do with them! I purchased a Nikon camera from them for £285.99 on 21 November 2011 and since then their website has gone down and nothing has being delivered. I called the police and the postal address is for a chartered surveyors! This is an online fraud site. I've lost my money. Don't lose yours
Kind regards
whay are people throwing hundreds of pounds at unknown retailers?

wake up you bloody muppets
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants