Expired

Are ovo energy the answer

Found 29th Oct 2013
Does anyone have any complaints against ovo energy or are they the answer to the big 6.They say they wont put up their prices as much as the big 6.

1. Misc
  2. Ovo
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Ovo
30 Comments

Original Poster

Lol squillion where you are i bet you dont have heating issues more cooling down by the sound of it enjoy

Original Poster

and D_G as usual instead of comment on the thread posts a funny face

Original Poster

At least eon had their chief exec there unlike the other 5 who sent their underlings

Banned

I've just switched my tariff and it's saved my £12 a month even after these price rises. I don't even have to switch supplier!

Banned

Well I happen to know OVO are useless @ chasing up bad debts lol

Original Poster

Killi who have you switched to now?

i do this in most threads

sorry if that upsets you

Original Poster

Havince thats all good at least you admit it unlike the others, no it doesnt upset me i just cant my head around rushing into another persons thread but then not actually commenting on the thread title.

archer1204

Havince thats all good at least you admit it unlike the others, no it … Havince thats all good at least you admit it unlike the others, no it doesnt upset me i just cant my head around rushing into another persons thread but then not actually commenting on the thread title.

everytime i see you post i think the bloke in your pic is a hare krishna. Can you change it?

Original Poster

Its the dalai lama

Banned

archer1204

Killi who have you switched to now?

On NPower Frice Fix April 2015. Bills gone down from £105 to £93 /mo for gas&elec

Used this comparison tool. There were cheaper options but it involved switching to a supplier that had bad feedback.

moneysavingexpert.com/che…lub
Edited by: "KillFelix" 29th Oct 2013

Been with OVO for couple of years, good service, especially with UK based call centre.

But I've just left them, their fixed rates were average and they had a hefty penalty if you left early.

So gone with edf, who offered me the best long term fixed rate with no early exit fee.

The other smaller company to consider is First Utility.

Original Poster

Cheers muddy the ovo boss earlier was saying that if a customer was going to leave one of the big6 for ovo. Just they about to leave the customer would get a phonecall from the company saying that they had been overcharged and if they stayed would get a lower tarriff upto 15% cheaper than what they were paying.The ovo boss said BRITISH GAS was the worst fore this practice.

Original Poster

Are the smaller companies on comparison websites
Edited by: "archer1204" 29th Oct 2013

Banned

I'm with edf fixed until 2015. Their prices were the best I could find and with the direct debit and dual fuel discounts it's relatively good value.

My bills are £1800 per year cheapest showing for me is spark energy £1600 per year until I read the reviews and cancelled

I'm with the one that pays my wages, and my dividends.

Not the cheapest - but if we all jumped ship, shares would be worthless, and we'd be unemployed!

Banned

the porter

My bills are £1800 per year cheapest showing for me is spark energy £1600 … My bills are £1800 per year cheapest showing for me is spark energy £1600 per year until I read the reviews and cancelled

Porter that's really high. Is there a reason it's so high? Have you considered LED lighting? It can have a big effect on your electricity bill.

£150 a month for gas and leccy I always thought that was about average, there's always folk in our house everybody loves gadgets Telly's everywhere driers always on etc etc ,when LEDs are cheap enough I will convert the house but not just yet

Banned

the porter

£150 a month for gas and leccy I always thought that was about average, … £150 a month for gas and leccy I always thought that was about average, there's always folk in our house everybody loves gadgets Telly's everywhere driers always on etc etc ,when LEDs are cheap enough I will convert the house but not just yet

Check out ikea. They have a good range at good prices. Some of the bulbs will pay for them selves within a couple years. Especially the gu10s. It's a no brainer really.

small suppliers often have billing problems and poor CS - they don't have the massive call centres the big six have.

I've been with OVO for a couple of years now, great customer service, easy to read statements and they pay 3% interest on credit balances.

bykergrove

Check out ikea. They have a good range at good prices. Some of the bulbs … Check out ikea. They have a good range at good prices. Some of the bulbs will pay for them selves within a couple years. Especially the gu10s. It's a no brainer really.

There's only 1 LED GU10 listed on the site as far as I can see. Do they have more instore?

Banned

Before anyone goes replacing their GU10's, I bought some warm white LED replacements (as I can't stand the cold white light ones).

The warm white one's were good, but the light they gave off just wasn't quite right. I have 6 GU10's in my kitchen, and had to find a balance between LED and halogen that still gave the right quality of light I wanted.

Turns out 2 out of 6 as LED was just right, and then I replaced the other 4 x 50W halogen bulbs with 35W low power alternatives (these give out identical light to the 50W bulbs, but at 35W).

Now all with all 6 kitchen bulbs on they use half the electricity as before - 152W vs 300W.

When it comes to standard bulbs I use a mix of standard 20W CFL bulbs for hallways, lesser used rooms and Phillips Master LED bulbs for the main rooms. I love those bulbs - they are bright, give off a nice colour, 100% brightness when switched on and are dimmable. Got a great deal on eBay for them too (Less than half price).

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130827170505/avgn/images/2/27/350227-philips_led.jpg
Edited by: "KillFelix" 30th Oct 2013

Banned

Hey deek. They do one gu10 type. They do other types of led bulbs also. They seem to have updated the gu10s recently as the ones I bought used 3.4 watts. I replaced 36 gu 10 bulbs in my house so went from using 1800w to 122.4w the bulbs will last like 20 years too so you won't be replacing them in a hurry.

I'd suggest buying a couple if ikea is close to you and test them out. I like the colour warmth and brightness but it depends on the individual.

Amazon has brighter ones such as the ones from the long life lamp company. I have 3 from them and I think they are good too but I preferred the ikea ones.

I also have led small globe bulbs and one led large edison screw bulb from ikea too. All great. It has had a measurable effect on my electricity bills and as I said will pay for themselves within a couple years not counting the savings in not having to buy new bulbs as often.

bykergrove

Hey deek. They do one gu10 type. They do other types of led bulbs also. … Hey deek. They do one gu10 type. They do other types of led bulbs also. They seem to have updated the gu10s recently as the ones I bought used 3.4 watts. I replaced 36 gu 10 bulbs in my house so went from using 1800w to 122.4w the bulbs will last like 20 years too so you won't be replacing them in a hurry. I'd suggest buying a couple if ikea is close to you and test them out. I like the colour warmth and brightness but it depends on the individual. Amazon has brighter ones such as the ones from the long life lamp company. I have 3 from them and I think they are good too but I preferred the ikea ones.I also have led small globe bulbs and one led large edison screw bulb from ikea too. All great. It has had a measurable effect on my electricity bills and as I said will pay for themselves within a couple years not counting the savings in not having to buy new bulbs as often.

I was just looking when I saw your post. I have just bought 23 of these ledhut.co.uk/gu1…tml for £176 with a 20% off code. Plus TCB are offering 20% cashback for a few days so I'm expecting a sub £150 total for 23 bulbs which ain't bad. Decent reviews as well.
I might need a new dimmer switch though. My current one is 900w (dimming 12 x 50w halogen) so I'm not sure if the minimum rating will be too high to dim just 60w. I'll wait and see before I pay for a new one.

Edit: TCB tracked at £38 so £138 for 23 bulbs is a result if they're ok.
Edited by: "deeky" 30th Oct 2013

Banned

deeky

I was just looking when I saw your post. I have just bought 23 of these … I was just looking when I saw your post. I have just bought 23 of these http://www.ledhut.co.uk/gu10-led-smd-bulb-360-lumens-60-watt-equiv-24-x-5050-smd-chips.html for £176 with a 20% off code. Plus TCB are offering 20% cashback for a few days so I'm expecting a sub £150 total for 23 bulbs which ain't bad. Decent reviews as well.I might need a new dimmer switch though. My current one is 900w (dimming 12 x 50w halogen) so I'm not sure if the minimum rating will be too high to dim just 60w. I'll wait and see before I pay for a new one.

Initial investment is a lot but they will save you cash over time. After switching bulbs and a number of other appliances over to low power alternatives I've cut my leccy usage by 30%. This combined my switching suppliers every 12 months or so means I've never seen a price rise on these utilities in the 6 years I've been living at my current residence, and some of the time it's actually gone down.

N Power sent me a letter beginning, 'Let us explain why your bills have gone up'.

Not once in two pages did it say, 'Because we're greedy ****'...

Banned

john2020md

N Power sent me a letter beginning, 'Let us explain why your bills have … N Power sent me a letter beginning, 'Let us explain why your bills have gone up'. Not once in two pages did it say, 'Because we're greedy ****'...

Lol same here. I remember there being a sentence, I'm paraphrasing but it was something like

"The last thing we wanted to do was put our prices up".

BS!

KillFelix

Lol same here. I remember there being a sentence, I'm paraphrasing but it … Lol same here. I remember there being a sentence, I'm paraphrasing but it was something like"The last thing we wanted to do was put our prices up".BS!

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants