Groups

Are people here trying to get the FS/FT forum shut down,,,

It seems to me that every single decision or rule is argued with so much that eventually there will be no choice but to shut down the FS/FT forum ,I for one am glad of the chance to sell the odd thing without being charged but many people here see it as their god given right, Where will all these people go when their constant arguing has ruined things for everybody, Why cant people just accept the rules and be happy with the things they can sell ,And if they dont like it there is always ebay,

101 Comments

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately some people just like to be idiots.

I also think it's time that those who constantly mod bait should be banned.

Original Poster

Syzable;6475529

Exactly. :thumbsup:Unfortunately some people just like to be idiots.I … Exactly. :thumbsup:Unfortunately some people just like to be idiots.I also think it's time that those who constantly mod bait should be banned.

+1

totally agree-stick to the rules and you will be ok-if you dont like the rules-dont use FS/FT-simples.

Agreed +1

that's true stick to rules,

Syzable;6475529

Exactly. :thumbsup:Unfortunately some people just like to be idiots.I … Exactly. :thumbsup:Unfortunately some people just like to be idiots.I also think it's time that those who constantly mod bait should be banned.

barky;6475543

totally agree-stick to the rules and you will be ok-if you dont like the … totally agree-stick to the rules and you will be ok-if you dont like the rules-dont use FS/FT-simples.

flp14344;6475554

that's true stick to rules,

That would be fine if the rules weren't interpreted differently by different Mods. For example, some Mods suspend for over bumping, some don't. Thats the problem, inconsistency. If every Mod did the same in each situation, there would be no complaints, and certainly not from me.

Consistency is the key, and until it happens, there will always be complaints and moanings

Banned

barky;6475543

totally agree-stick to the rules and you will be ok-if you dont like the … totally agree-stick to the rules and you will be ok-if you dont like the rules-dont use FS/FT-simples.

How do you stick to the rules when they seem to be changed day by day?
    There are too many, and aren't clear enough. The fact there are so many threads created about them is evidence of that.

dont use the fs pages as you will for no reason you get suspended

wickedteen;6475775

dont use the fs pages as you will for no reason you get suspended

Really?? I've used it plenty of times and have over 200 feedback and i've never even gotten a infraction................i think it's down to the fact that i read the rules. :thumbsup:

Syzable;6475813

Really?? I've used it plenty of times and have over 200 feedback and i've … Really?? I've used it plenty of times and have over 200 feedback and i've never even gotten a infraction................i think it's down to the fact that i read the rules. :thumbsup:

I got an infraction for offering an amount because it was available cheaper. and i linked to the item. But i got a low ball infraction :thinking:

We don't see many people selling games on the FS/FT forum now :-(:viking:

hamsterpig;6475856

We don't see many people selling games on the FS/FT forum now :-(:viking:

you'll see even less now :roll:

ClarityofMind;6475879

you'll see even less now :roll:

:thinking:

Banned

Yeeeeeerse... you see its quite easy to take this view, and even easier for the usual suspects to go round typing "+1" like its some sort of valid response, but as the rules are constantly changing, constantly getting more technical and itty bitty, its only when it starts to affect you that you get annoyed by it.

the forum is full of idiots, on most forums you will always have passing idiots that will try and distrupt the general feeling of a forum, but this place is swamped with them, and unusually this forum has a lot of regulars that are idiots. its a great forum with a great mix, but it could be so much better.

vibeone;6475915

Yeeeeeerse... you see its quite easy to take this view, and even easier … Yeeeeeerse... you see its quite easy to take this view, and even easier for the usual suspects to go round typing "+1" like its some sort of valid response, but as the rules are constantly changing, constantly getting more technical and itty bitty, its only when it starts to affect you that you get annoyed by it.

Victor you get annoyed by stuff everso easily.

Banned

ClarityofMind;6475949

Victor you get annoyed by stuff everso easily.

though not by speeding

vibeone;6475963

though not by speeding

lol! Indeed

Original Poster

If it annoys you then dont use it,Go stand in the rain at a car boot sale or pay ebay fees but dont moan at someone who is giving you a service for free,

Banned

tonyg1962;6476054

If it annoys you then dont use it,Go stand in the rain at a car boot sale … If it annoys you then dont use it,Go stand in the rain at a car boot sale or pay ebay fees but dont moan at someone who is giving you a service for free,

congratulations on entirely missing the point I was making. If you are not affected by the rule changes - great news I'm really pleased for you. Don't however have a go at people who have been affected.

Banned

I've not been afflicted by the rule changes!

vibeone;6476066

congratulations on entirely missing the point I was making. If you are … congratulations on entirely missing the point I was making. If you are not affected by the rule changes - great news I'm really pleased for you. Don't however have a go at people who have been affected.

Well if the rules have affected what you can sell/buy then that's that, there is no recourse, you just use one of the many alternatives.

As pointed out......this is a free service.

I have never used the FS/T forum but I do glance through it once in a while ( just in case there's a bargain I want!!) and I see that, on the whole, on the surface, it runs pretty smoothly, which suggests to me that it is being well moderated.
    I also see discussions in feedback which relate to various rules or annomalies or other issues. These feedback threads are usually well thought out and reasoned discussions.
    I also see threads in misc and feedback which are effectively rants over the whys and where-fors for moderator decisions with individual FS/T threads - these are often personal, abusive and counter-productive.
    I would say that nothing and no-body is perfect. The FS/T forum is provided free here on HUKD and costs the site rather than makes an profit. It is best to remember that this site is not a democracy but it does have excellent moderators, doing a rather difficult job, IMO. I have seen moderators reverse decisions when an argument has been cogent. We are free here, to take part in exchanging relevant views on almost anything.

I do not think that people are trying to get the forum shut down; I think that they are seeking to have it run as per their own wishes rather than as described in the rules of the forum.

chesso;6476122

I have never used the FS/T forum but I do glance through it once in a … I have never used the FS/T forum but I do glance through it once in a while ( just in case there's a bargain I want!!) and I see that, on the whole, on the surface, it runs pretty smoothly, which suggests to me that it is being well moderated.I also see discussions in feedback which relate to various rules or annomalies or other issues. These feedback threads are usually well thought out and reasoned discussions. I also see threads in misc and feedback which are effectively rants over the whys and where-fors for moderator decisions with individual FS/T threads - these are often personal, abusive and counter-productive. I would say that nothing and no-body is perfect. The FS/T forum is provided free here on HUKD and costs the site rather than makes an profit. It is best to remember that this site is not a democracy but it does have excellent moderators, doing a rather difficult job, IMO. I have seen moderators reverse decisions when an argument has been cogent. We are free here, to take part in exchanging relevant views on almost anything.I do not think that people are trying to get the forum shut down; I think that they are seeking to have it run as per their own wishes rather than as described in the rules of the forum.

HUKD deals..... deal ANARCHY from the masses.......

FS/T is a more reasoned area because actual sales go on there....

Misc is more like a "clearing zone" for anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, such as in Deals, FS/T, feedback etc.

For those who can understand the quote : Misc is "an anti-statist society that is based on the spontaneous order of free individuals in autonomous communit"y.

Freedom of speech and thought ( two different things ) is always an important issue.

Personally I've seen the decisions mods make and often hold my tongue as usually the situation becomes clearer as to the whys and wherefores as time passes. They do a tough job to moderate all us loud mouths... I see it as the yammering of fifty million voices all at once, begging for attention, for justice for appeal, for affirmation, for protection, for a million different reasons, many of them simultaneously verifiable, complimentary and yet contradictory.

Some nice clarifications there Chesso x

Banned

well directly its free yes, but you have to assume the trouble the FS forum causes, its there for a reason. So I assume its there as a added bonus to users, and to bring new users in. More users = more affiliate click throughs.

The trouble it causes, admin would have shut it down by now - it must have some sort of positive for it to still be here.

Original Poster

The way i see the FSD/FT forum is similar to if your local newsagent let you put ads in his windows for free,If you put something up he didnt like the look of or it looked like you were trying to make money out of his free service then surely he would have the right to say " i dont want that in my window", Cant people just be glad of the things they are allowed to sell ,

ClarityofMind;6476132

HUKD deals..... deal ANARCHY from the masses.......FS/T is a more … HUKD deals..... deal ANARCHY from the masses.......FS/T is a more reasoned area because actual sales go on there.... Misc is more like a "clearing zone" for anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, such as in Deals, FS/T, feedback etc. Some nice clarifications there Chesso x

Glad that you added the edit!!

Deal Anarchy
    The new tagline for HUKD is "Deal anarchy from the masses". It's not necessarily a permanent tagline but it's something we threw in there for now. We think HUKD disrupts traditional marketing messages and offers a disruptive network where individuals have the freedom to recommend genuine bargains and deals to other individuals.
    The foundation of this deal anarchy is our belief that consumers want an honest, unbiased and free tool to exchange information and tips. This means that self-promotion of any kind, whether from members or merchants, is strongly discouraged.
    To be clear though, we do not believe that consumers have a right to act fraudulently and any illegal or fraudulent information will be removed. However, information that is legal and in public domain will not be censored or removed - we will defend that right to the end.

vibeone;6476146

well directly its free yes, but you have to assume the trouble the FS … well directly its free yes, but you have to assume the trouble the FS forum causes, its there for a reason. So I assume its there as a added bonus to users, and to bring new users in. More users = more affiliate click throughs.The trouble it causes, admin would have shut it down by now - it must have some sort of positive for it to still be here.

Good point re reason for existence; I've always assumed that it's there because Admin rather likes a bit of chaos!!

tonyg1962;6476153

The way i see the FSD/FT forum is similar to if your local newsagent let … The way i see the FSD/FT forum is similar to if your local newsagent let you put ads in his windows for free,If you put something up he didnt like the look of or it looked like you were trying to make money out of his free service then surely he would have the right to say " i dont want that in my window", Cant people just be glad of the things they are allowed to sell ,

I like this analogy.

chesso;6476159

Glad that you added the edit!!Deal AnarchyThe new tagline for HUKD is … Glad that you added the edit!!Deal AnarchyThe new tagline for HUKD is "Deal anarchy from the masses". It's not necessarily a permanent tagline but it's something we threw in there for now. We think HUKD disrupts traditional marketing messages and offers a disruptive network where individuals have the freedom to recommend genuine bargains and deals to other individuals. The foundation of this deal anarchy is our belief that consumers want an honest, unbiased and free tool to exchange information and tips. This means that self-promotion of any kind, whether from members or merchants, is strongly discouraged. To be clear though, we do not believe that consumers have a right to act fraudulently and any illegal or fraudulent information will be removed. However, information that is legal and in public domain will not be censored or removed - we will defend that right to the end.

I edited my edit too lol

The important ethics here to my mind........ emboldened.

I know that other users will point out that there is a material basis behind the site... but i fully believe these ethics show the site is here to support the *individual* rather than the conglomerate.

i was about to quote or even multi-quote to make a point about everyone who has said we should glad the FS/FT thread exists and should be happy with the free service and go by the rules and stop complaining.

Fair Enough. i mainly agree with it but the Mods need to find a better way to inform users of a change in the rules rather than expect everyone to read the entire rules everyday just in case there has been changes. eg. the changes to the vouchers rules, so many locked threads could have been avoided if for example they had a little message on top of the FS/FT page notifying there is a change in the rules.

ClarityofMind;6476175

I edited my edit too lol The important ethics here to my mind........ … I edited my edit too lol The important ethics here to my mind........ emboldened.I know that other users will point out that there is a material basis behind the site... but i fully believe these ethics show the site is here to support the *individual* rather than the conglomerate.

I would read the bolded phrases to mean that the site is for the 'people' ( a family forum) rather than the powerful institutions. Not for 'individuals' although as individuals they make benefit. 'United we Stand' rather than political anarchism. Hence the exclusion of self-promotion.

people on here moan for the sake of moaning

chesso;6476214

I would read the bolded phrases to mean that the site is for the 'people' … I would read the bolded phrases to mean that the site is for the 'people' ( a family forum) rather than the powerful institutions. Not for 'individuals' although as individuals they make benefit. 'United we Stand' rather than political anarchism. Hence the exclusion of self-promotion.

Self-promotion would become a right-wing fantacists dream of utopia.

Here "the individual" meant to me, not the multinational conglomerate monopolistic fascist regime, in place elsewhere x

Amarchism does not necessarily evoke the negative political bias that many now would have us believe. It is a fertile ground for creative and fresh sharing of ideas, beliefs and monetary trade unhindered by the hidden depths within the powerful poltical parties/companies/societal infrastructures.

black gerbil1;6476239

people on here moan for the sake of moaning

never a truer word spoken :thumbsup:

ClarityofMind;6476246

Self-promotion would become a right-wing fantacists dream of utopia. Here … Self-promotion would become a right-wing fantacists dream of utopia. Here "the individual" meant to me, not the multinational conglomerate monopolistic fascist regime, in place elsewhere xAmarchism does not necessarily evoke the negative political bias that many now would have us believe. It is a fertile ground for creative and fresh sharing of ideas, beliefs and monetary trade unhindered by the hidden depths within the powerful poltical parties/companies/societal infrastructures.

Hence deal anarchy!!

how to over complicate the simple

Primary HUKD directive is protection yet the freedom to sell age restrictive DVD/Games is still left unanswered (unbelievably) after all this and yet you're all still here saying rules are rules, you;re right the rules actually include the sale of such products if you want it run to the letter.

Therefore the rules itself will close down he FS/FT forum as clarity seems to lay to waste round here

vibeone;6476146

well directly its free yes, but you have to assume the trouble the FS … well directly its free yes, but you have to assume the trouble the FS forum causes, its there for a reason. So I assume its there as a added bonus to users, and to bring new users in. More users = more affiliate click throughs.The trouble it causes, admin would have shut it down by now - it must have some sort of positive for it to still be here.

Undoubtedly. But theres still the ethics there behind it too x

Alfonse;6476292

Primary HUKD directive is protection yet the freedom to sell age … Primary HUKD directive is protection yet the freedom to sell age restrictive DVD/Games is still left unanswered (unbelievably) after all this and yet you're all still here saying rules are rules, you;re right the rules actually include the sale of such products if you want it run to the letter.

As has been said you can and it's your responsibility to make sure............the thread that caused this openly invited kids to come and buy it which shows he was not being responsible.

It wasn't hard to see when the thread title invites 'kiddies' to come and buy.

there just seems to be a lack of inconsistency
    rules made up willy nilly without the consultation of its users so a few of the members are in a state of insecurity of knowing where they stand
    it needs a whole new overhaul and to be made simpler

at the same time let the mods do their jobs but they need to gain trust from its users that there is consistency rather than a nanny state

jasonrat;6476330

there just seems to be a lack of inconsistencyrules made up willy nilly … there just seems to be a lack of inconsistencyrules made up willy nilly without the consultation of its users so a few of the members are in a state of insecurity of knowing where they standit needs a whole new overhaul and to be made simplerat the same time let the mods do their jobs but they need to gain trust from its users that there is consistency rather than a nanny state

It's an internet site, not a democratic state.

Would you have it as a democracy? You'd lose all of the plusses of the site and it'd turn into another "Littlewoods" mannequin. Faceless and unhelpful, the puppet of financial tigers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?30135
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846164
      4. What do these 2 men have in common68

See more discussions