Expired

Are Perfume Plus Direct Selling fake goods?

Found 11th Jan 2012
Hi i just ordered some aftershave (Davidoff Echo) from them and it smells different to my old bottle which i bought from house of fraser.

This is the first time i've used this company so i am just wondering if any anyone else has used them? Do they sell fakes?

Are they a legit company?

Forgot to add that the barcode on the bottom of the box is wonky too. Is this a sign of it being fake? Ill post a pic in Post 1
Community Updates
MiscPerfume
26 Comments
maybe house of fraser do lol
Domain name:
perfumeplusdirect.co.uk

Registrant:
Perfume Plus

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 3122664)

Registrant's address:
29 Hutchinson Road
Rochdale
OL11 5TX
United Kingdom

Registrar:
1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = SCHLUND]
URL: 1and1.co.uk or registrar.1und1.info

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 15-Dec-2006
Renewal date: 15-Dec-2012
Last updated: 18-Jan-2011

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns67.1and1.co.uk
ns68.1and1.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 12:01:48 19-May-2011
----

It was registered by Perfume Plus. It is visited by approximately 208 visitors daily and is ranked at 539,963 among websites in terms of number of visitors

----

Look fine to me some bottles though might be subject to contamination (or your bottle is so old and thus developed) ? perhaps contact them.

Edited by: "Nailez" 11th Jan 2012
Original Poster
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8796/img20120111130610.jpg

Is this a sign of it being fake?

Edited by: "bob100" 11th Jan 2012
no thats a sign of a printer error (and its the batch number)

Another way to spot fakes would be to google the barcode but that matches the product bought
Original Poster
Nailez

no thats a sign of a printer error

Yeah but i though that they would be quality controlled?

anyway a quick look online brought me to this site where it says fakes have no padding etc in the box.

http://worldperfumez.blogspot.com/p/real-vs-fake.html

Mine is just an empty box which is a sign of a fake
check the barcodes somehow, e.g.
341 is definitely France
075 is US ?!?
bob100

Yeah but i though that they would be quality controlled?anyway a quick … Yeah but i though that they would be quality controlled?anyway a quick look online brought me to this site where it says fakes have no padding etc in the box.http://worldperfumez.blogspot.com/p/real-vs-fake.htmlMine is just an empty box which is a sign of a fake

It should/would have been quality controlled but things like that miss or are subject to a "its good enough" rating, in regards to the sleeving/packaging thats what would stick out the most but with 208 visitors a day as listed previously and i found no reference to them being listed as fake elsewhere (admittedly didnt delve deeply).

I dont know what to think thats your call, I would however complain to the company and see their reaction.
recycledbin

check the barcodes somehow, e.g.341 is definitely France075 is US ?!?

Product barcode matches the item in question i edited my previous post previously, however the packaging and "scent" shouldnt change too much dependant on regions (if at all) but things do develop over time.
Original Poster
recycledbin

check the barcodes somehow, e.g.341 is definitely France075 is US ?!?

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8603/img20120111132323.jpg

The bottle on the right is real, the one below is the one bought from perfume plus direct.
seems real.
Original Poster
Even the way the address has been set out looks different

and the number on the left aftershave is upside down

Nailez

Product barcode matches the item in question i edited my previous post … Product barcode matches the item in question i edited my previous post previously, however the packaging and "scent" shouldnt change too much dependant on regions (if at all) but things do develop over time.

well, the wonky D1 075 barcode could be easily print with using dymo D1 while at least 341 seems to be a genuine french barcode
Original Poster
doritos

seems real.

Is that sarcasm? :-s
bob100

Is that sarcasm? :-s

I think you are worrying over nothing.

Rather than post on here, why don't you call them up, doubt the authenticity, I'm sure they would bend over backwards to sort it out, as they don't want to be known as a selling fakes company.
Bottom bottle (light blue) looks fake.

Need a much higher resolution image, but the print quality looks worse.
The 'use by' jar graphic is also incorrect, the inner circle shouldn't be filled in white.

Font is not clean and crisp and looks digitally printed.
Edited by: "MBeeching" 11th Jan 2012
Banned
MBeeching

Bottom bottle (light blue) looks fake.Need a much higher resolution … Bottom bottle (light blue) looks fake.Need a much higher resolution image, but the print quality looks worse.The 'use by' jar graphic is also incorrect, the inner circle shouldn't be filled in white.Font is not clean and crisp and looks digitally printed.

The use by times are different too - 36 vs 30 months, surely they should be consistent?
backinblack

The use by times are different too - 36 vs 30 months, surely they should … The use by times are different too - 36 vs 30 months, surely they should be consistent?

I would expect so. However it is entirely possible that they use contract fillers.
The stability may change slightly if they changed supplier.

How long has Echo been available?
Just contact them, geeeeeee-wiz.
DragonChris

Just contact them, geeeeeee-wiz.

I like playing detective

But yes, that's the obvious thing to do. Just don't dive straight in making accusations
Edited by: "MBeeching" 11th Jan 2012
There to be honest (after working within packaging of pharma products) should not be that many discrepencies between them in my view I would go with the "filler supplier or international version" but more than likely its fake.

Contact them.
they are a reputable company, perhaps their suppliers have sold them fakes, im pretty sure they won't be aware of it though, get in touch and let them know that you think it might be fake and see what they say
I would imagine that the bottle you recieved is an old bottle of the same aftershave that has slighty altered with time. It probably how they get cheap stock to sell when over companies have stock to clear. Same with how home bargains and the like operate.

Im guessing though just a thought.
ZedEx

I would imagine that the bottle you recieved is an old bottle of the same … I would imagine that the bottle you recieved is an old bottle of the same aftershave that has slighty altered with time. It probably how they get cheap stock to sell when over companies have stock to clear. Same with how home bargains and the like operate.Im guessing though just a thought.

valid however no record of 36ml which also does not compute to 3.4 fl oz. (the error within the touching font on the Eau de Toilette is consistant however)

Although looking at the address "dist" im guessing is the distributor? so it could again be the supplier but as afforementioned the discrepencies and quality checks are too high.
Original Poster
Just a quick update i tried calling them today...no answer

And i've sent them an email too
Nailez

valid however no record of 36ml which also does not compute to 3.4 fl oz. … valid however no record of 36ml which also does not compute to 3.4 fl oz. (the error within the touching font on the Eau de Toilette is consistant however)Although looking at the address "dist" im guessing is the distributor? so it could again be the supplier but as afforementioned the discrepencies and quality checks are too high.

Its not 36 ML its 36M as in months the product should be used by once opened. Both are 100ML.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants