Groups

Are phone chargers from ebay any good?

Is there anything different about them? Am I likely to kill my phones battery by over charging them?

Just got myself a nice new Nexus one and my girlfriend a Wildfire, don't terribly want to be replacing them already!

Cheers guys!

7 Comments

I've bought Samsung/LG and Iphone cheap replacement ones from Ebay and I've never had a problem - been using them for over 12 months so far.

I bought a car charger for an iphone and it works perfectly 12 months later

A lot of them are usually of very cheap quality - But some are ok I suppose.

Never had a problem - make sure you buy from someone with lots of feedback.

I would steer clear because some chargers if not official can be very cheaply made and be a fire hazard, more likely that than doing damage to your phone

I am probably over-cautious though

I've noticed some of the cheap ones can be quite slow at charging, in comparison to official ones.

I got a cheapo charger for my sat nav off eBay and it bricked it!
    I got a mobile phone charger for use in the car from eBay and it bricked the phone, a complete pain in the bum, Nokia did replace it (didn't tell them about the charger issue) but I would have concerns over another cheapo charger again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD38
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …57
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?35
      4. CEX return/exchange at different store22

See more discussions