Are phones4u still paying off old contracts when you take a new one with them?

4 replies
Found 30th Jan 2009
Around 12 months go I popped in to phones4u 'for a look' and ended up getting offered a new deal which was way better than what I had at the time - the only issue was I had 6 months left on my 18 month contract. The girl who was dealing wil me called my old provider and got me on the lowest possible tariff then arranged a cashback deal to pay off the reaming months line rental, effectively allowing me to cancel my contract early.

I'm pretty much in the same position again, I have 6 months left on the 18 month contract and I'd like to change providers because I get zero signal where I work with Orange (people on vodafone in my office get full signal!).

Does anyone know if phones4u are still paying off contracts? Its a bit of a trek to my closest store to go ask

4 Comments

ring them? if they are desperate they probably will...

They bought my last 3 months out in November and lowered my monthly payment.

I think they will, after all, they are going to get another 18 months out of you. On the other hand though, i have had nothing but trouble with phones 4 u and have found its better, and in most cases cheaper, to go direct orange/o2/vodafone shops etc. as you are cutting out the middle man (namely phones 4 u). remember, phones for you are just a middle man for all the networks and they obviously make money from the extra you pay for a contract by going through them.

gemmar26;4228279

I think they will, after all, they are going to get another 18 months out … I think they will, after all, they are going to get another 18 months out of you. On the other hand though, i have had nothing but trouble with phones 4 u and have found its better, and in most cases cheaper, to go direct orange/o2/vodafone shops etc. as you are cutting out the middle man (namely phones 4 u). remember, phones for you are just a middle man for all the networks and they obviously make money from the extra you pay for a contract by going through them.

that sounds like it should be true but voda shops usually wont do a deal...phones4u are like a broker and will take less commission to get the sale. I personally dont like phones4u but if you get the deal you want...be sure to get it in writing too:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769554
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849
    3. Add one, leave one game54415461
    4. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4181

See more discussions