Groups

are roads and shops going be busy today or not

will the roads be busy today or not due do Xmas eve I don't like the long ques not sure where all these xtra people come from never seen them before in the area

20 Comments

I guess yes. went to asda at 2AM today (I normally go after midnight due to shelves being restocked and less people in), yet it felt like a **** 5PM rush hour with many customers having literally trolleys full of groceries. people are so dumb when it comes to christmas. shops are closing for a day, 1 DAY... its not the end of the world. ohh and why do they bring a whole family with including grandmother on a wheelchair?

rant over

I know what you mean. I was in tescos and didn't recognise a single person.

Just been out and about fetching my GoPro and roads were empty, walked into currys and was the only customer at the till.

Original Poster

thedvdmonster

Just been out and about fetching my GoPro and roads were empty, walked … Just been out and about fetching my GoPro and roads were empty, walked into currys and was the only customer at the till.

​ok maybe they went at midnight like a previous person saif

Maybe supermarkets busy, other shops not so. People shopping this late most likely all about the food

it's christmas of course it will be busy.

Do it earlier or get on with it

A friend just messaged me saying the shops are deserted, and that was supermarkets included!

Might not be as bad as you think. I was in Asda by 9am just to get a couple of bits and it wasn't busy at all. I've seen it far busier on a normal weekday afternoon. I got what I needed and went straight to a till without having to queue. What supermarkets and town centres are going to be like by now I don't know but many people will be staying at home because they're expecting it to be too busy, so it might not be as busy as you expect.

Of course it won't; why on Earth would there be any extra traffic on this fine 19th of March!

@9am there was more vomit and broken glass than there were people or cars.

Have they started reducing the birds yet, always get mine today 50/70% off?

Shops shopping at 6pm so might take a wonder up

i always go to the supermarket after 5pm on christmas eve and it is nice and quiet.
    Edited by: "badgerrules" 24th Dec 2016

It really depends on your local area. I had 31 drivers out this morning as most reported that wet sites (forecourts) where all nuts trying to get parked to deliver compared to a usual Saturday. Others in some areas said they where empty. Some store managers I was chatting with said it had been nuts all day and others asking for more stock to be sent out. Though off course at this time of year you meet people you never normally see they are visiting relatives giving presents and if they need anything passing into stores on the way to/from to save when they get home. I'm about to be one of those myself in a few minutes! I'm in N.Ireland so might be slightly different as some multi nationals we heard here where low on stock early this morning because of boats being late with the wind etc whereas stores that do not relay on stuff coming across from the mainland like the company I work for where all going nuts as shoppers changing where they go due to stock levels.
    At 5am this morning actually was behind 6 cars in MCD's drive-through for my morning coffee on the way into work which was unusual,normally only meet taxi drivers and police.

Sainsburys was rammed at 0600 hrs, I was asleep but OH mentioned he had to queue to get to car park, drive round to find a space, roads mad on way out - oh well,,,, I had a good lie in so that's the important thing.

Made me laugh!! Yesterday Everyone got up early thinking they would beat the rush - everyone had the same idea, yet when I went into town at 4:30pm yesterday the shops were dead! Very few people there, no queues.

So much for going shopping early to beat the queues

Shops seem quite quiet at the moment, everyone was saying it was really busy early this morning. I guess everyone had the idea of going early X)

Roads and shops here very quiet.

Banned

johnraggett

Have they started reducing the birds yet, always get mine today 50/70% … Have they started reducing the birds yet, always get mine today 50/70% off? Shops shopping at 6pm so might take a wonder up

​I reduced my bird a few years back not as good as she used to be

johnraggett

Have they started reducing the birds yet, always get mine today 50/70% … Have they started reducing the birds yet, always get mine today 50/70% off? Shops shopping at 6pm so might take a wonder up

​They have in Tesco at Littlehampton and it's almost like a ghost town!

Ellie Phant

I know what you mean. I was in tescos and didn't recognise a single … I know what you mean. I was in tescos and didn't recognise a single person.

LOL and they did not recognise you either
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions