Are shared Netflix accounts on eBay legal?

Found 22nd Jan 2015
I have seen numerous shared Netflix accounts advertised on eBay, however are they legal? The accounts do state that they are shared, however does this mean they are stolen? What would happen if I were to use one of these accounts, would I be breaking any laws?
Community Updates
AskPayPalNetflix
7 Comments
Not really a question of legal or illegal. But it will certainly be against the terms of any Netflix account. It is possible that your access could be stopped at anytime if the 'parent' account is terminated.
Have used one for almost a year no probs paid £6
i buy one from someone i know for £3 for 6 months, never had a problem
I've bought some on eBay before which have lasted different lengths - some for weeks, some for months. They are cheap and worth it compared to RRP cost, but as they're shared and probably limited to two people viewing at once, you might not be able to use it. They probably are illegal/stolen but you have bought it from eBay, so if there are any problems just refer them back to the listing.
Without wanting to sound like ‘one of those people’, but is it really worth it when it’s only £6.99 a month for a legit account? We’re not talking about £30+ a month for the likes of Sky here.

Comment

redarrowrules

Without wanting to sound like ‘one of those people’, but is it really wor … Without wanting to sound like ‘one of those people’, but is it really worth it when it’s only £6.99 a month for a legit account? We’re not talking about £30+ a month for the likes of Sky here.

£6.99 a month or £6 a year?

Know which I would prefer.
SkyBlu75

Comment£6.99 a month or £6 a year?Know which I would prefer.

Of course. But that is like saying why pay for milk when you can just steal it from the shop?

My main point was £6.99 a month is hardly going to break the bank so I don't understand people who don't pay it when they want the service.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants