Are Supermarket Detergents/Soap Powder Any Good???

Found 22nd Nov 2012
Just wanted your feedback on the above question guys. Thanks.
Community Updates
13 Comments
I've tried a few over the years but always return to the big brands (Bold for me). My Mum always called me a snob as she used the supermarket ones and always had clean fresh laundry. Think it's a personal choice.
If I was to do a blind test I'd probably fail miserably. (_;)

There's certain things I don't like the cheapest of: Coffee, washing powder/liquid, bread, bed linen etc.
Email each store and ask for a sample.
I've been using the Daisy washing powder from Tesco alongside value fabric conditioner - no complaints from me although none of our clothes are ever physically dirty.
RosieWoo

I've been using the Daisy washing powder from Tesco alongside value … I've been using the Daisy washing powder from Tesco alongside value fabric conditioner - no complaints from me although none of our clothes are ever physically dirty.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these cheaper brands are actually manufactured by the big con-gloms like Proctor & Gamble
I have tried quite a few over the recent months and I now make an extra trip to Lidl to buy their 'Formil' 2 in 1 liquid which is less than £3 for 28 washes!! It's fantastic - leaves everything smelling really clean and the fabric conditioner in it is better than most of the other brands i've tried.
Because of allergies/skin conditions we have problems with some washing powder/liquids.
Most of the branded are a no-no for us, with the exception of Fairy (expensive) and Surf.
Have no idea why Surf isn't so bad as the rest (mostly).
We tend to use non-biological (doesn't usually wash as good as biological).
We have also just used a drop of white vinegar with surprisingly good results.
Have used LIDL powders (washed good but kids had a reaction to it
i've started using Morrisons own non bio (sensitive skin, Fairy copy) and so far so good. I also use the sensitive fabric conditioner from Asda, again no reaction. I'm also trialling out Morrisons regular washing liquid, it's very perfumed (which I like) ... so far can't tell the difference from expensive brands to these cheaper ones.... i'm doing lots of washing with a new baby so every penny saved is a bonus
There is a liquid in Aldi, that won some award, good housekeeping I think. Tried it, and it was amazing. also I found it kept them smelling fresh longer.

i tend to agree with Alliechic, budget coffee, toilet roll and baked beans are a 'no no'!!!
Aldi is your best bet they have some very good products
churchill

Aldi is your best bet they have some very good products

Totally agree, lots of their own brand products have won prestigious awards. When I was with my soon to be ex-wife (woohoo) and her 2 sprogs, we cut our shopping bill in half by shopping in Aldi instead of one of the big four, and we ate better and I preferred their food, I just had to overcome my 'snobbery', stupid I know, to shop there but am glad I did.

I keep banging on to my new partner that we should shop there, but she is so far resisting, craziness!!!!
I buy Aldi Almat for everything. The Biological hasnt caused any allergic reactions and at £2.99 for 30 washes good value. Like a few of the others Aldi has good brand replicas at lower prices. I think Which magazine voted Almat Biological on par with Ariel.
Note though, I tend to use less than what the pack asks as its very "foamy" when in the washing machine.
the lidl stuff always comes out high on 'which?' 2nd/3rd in the tests last time i looked.
Thanks for the responses guys, (i forgot about this thread :p) keep them coming in
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants