Are Tesco having fewer grocery offers recently?

Posted 17th Jul
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the offers from Tesco have decreased in both frequency and value lately?
Community Updates

Groups

16 Comments
Most places have due to the crisis, to many other things to concentrate on and need to get customers out the door. Don’t forget most offers aren’t paid for by the supermarkets but the manufacturer do you may be seeing some price reductions but since ingredients have gone up prices may have stayed the same.
Some of the “Aldi price match” items appear to be pretty good value. There is a link on the front page of the grocery app
Be due to COVID-19.. there is plenty of offers on I work there.
Edited by: "Cbear81" 17th Jul
no there is plently of half price offers every week.
Perhaps they are simply not being posted here then? Today for example all I can see is one bottle of beer and some Alpro yoghurts. Also some deals, say like Vimto squash for example, only take the price down to match the regular prices in other shops. Still, I can soon go and do my own shopping, and search out the best bargains.
Thanks for your replies.
Morrisons have best deals
Offers are rubbish compared to before covid-19.

I could give you a bill breakdown before and after if you like.
Yes, tesco have massively reduced the number of offers

In the app, you can show only items previously bought that are on offer. Pre Covid19, this was consistently around 140-150 items. Now, it's always around 35-40.
Offers disappeared in April when panic hoarding was going on but seem to be back to normal in most other stores now.
I got my 24 pack of toilet roll for £8 not bad most of the time it's over 10 at Tesco
Denney_Masters18/07/2020 07:31

I got my 24 pack of toilet roll for £8 not bad most of the time it's over …I got my 24 pack of toilet roll for £8 not bad most of the time it's over 10 at Tesco

You misunderstand. I'm not saying there aren't offers, but simply they seem fewer, and less generous.
Azalyn18/07/2020 02:45

Offers are rubbish compared to before covid-19.I could give you a bill …Offers are rubbish compared to before covid-19.I could give you a bill breakdown before and after if you like.

All supermarkets have whacked up their prices.
Of course they have fewer offers. It's not a secret. It was publicly advertised:

tescoplc.com/new…eo/
MadeDixonsCry18/07/2020 09:56

Of course they have fewer offers. It's not a secret. It was publicly …Of course they have fewer offers. It's not a secret. It was publicly advertised:https://www.tescoplc.com/news/2020/covid-19-a-message-to-our-customers-from-dave-lewis-tesco-ceo/

MadeDixonsCry18/07/2020 09:56

Of course they have fewer offers. It's not a secret. It was publicly …Of course they have fewer offers. It's not a secret. It was publicly advertised:https://www.tescoplc.com/news/2020/covid-19-a-message-to-our-customers-from-dave-lewis-tesco-ceo/

Well thank you. I'm glad I wasn't imagining it.
fearona18/07/2020 13:47

Comment deleted

ELP? I presume that's a trade abbreviation?
fearona18/07/2020 17:44

Comment deleted

Ah thanks. I thought it was unlikely to be Emmerson, Lake and Palmer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants