Are Tesco Opticians Any Good?

Found 18th May 2016
Usually go Specsavers but there selection is poor....thinking of using my clubcard points in the boost but never been to Tesco Opticians so was wondering if anyone has any experiences good or bad?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I found them to be decent. Never felt impressed by them though.

I've just switched to Asda Opticians and I am very pleased. Good prices with thinning, anti-glare and scratch resistance included. Staff have been really nice too and the tests were thorough. Prices start from £40, maybe have a look?
Best experience I have had is with asda, specsavers & tesco are good but the service at asda was brilliant.
If you know your prescription and pupil distance then why not just order them online?
Original Poster
Snakeyes646

Best experience I have had is with asda, specsavers & tesco are good but … Best experience I have had is with asda, specsavers & tesco are good but the service at asda was brilliant.

would use asda but the clubcard boost means i got £160 towards two pairs of glasses...dont really spend the clubcard vouchers on much anyway
Original Poster
joedastudd

If you know your prescription and pupil distance then why not just order … If you know your prescription and pupil distance then why not just order them online?

thought about online but then the hassle of returns if there are problems puts me off...
love my.glasses from their opticians already knew my eye specifications
fauji786

would use asda but the clubcard boost means i got £160 towards two pairs … would use asda but the clubcard boost means i got £160 towards two pairs of glasses...dont really spend the clubcard vouchers on much anyway

Have a look at Asda anyway, maybe you can use your vouchers for something else at Tesco?
I can personally recommend tesco I have been going there for a few years and when I had a particular eye problem they were brilliant. I used to go to specsavers but all of us go to tesco now plus they don't even charge for your eye test and club card points too.
Edited by: "ashopaholic123" 18th May 2016
fauji786

would use asda but the clubcard boost means i got £160 towards two pairs … would use asda but the clubcard boost means i got £160 towards two pairs of glasses...dont really spend the clubcard vouchers on much anyway

If I was you I'd go tesco then,had a couple of pairs from them before and they are great.
Another recommendation for Tesco. My 7 yr old daughter had an eye test with their Optician and was then referred to an Ophthalmic consultant. The consultant said that the Tesco prescription was spot on so I have full confidence in them and it's BOGOF too!
Dependent on the store. I used one that was terrible, got everything wrong and unless the optician was in ( and she was out 3 days of the week!) they refused to do anything about anything.

But I used them again at a different store just after Christmas and they were great. So it would appear to be pot luck!
Got my eyes tested in Tesco, but when i went through process of choosing frames etc i was totally unimpressed. The only seemed to offer me top of range options and warned me that if i went cheapest the lenses would look like the bottom of pint glasses due to my prescription.
In the end i walked out and used the prescription to order online at specky four eyes. Love my (Bench) vario focals purchased online, total around £85 delivered, only thing i needed to do was get pupilary distance, which i sorted from a web page free of charge.
Original Poster
well I'm going tomorrow for my appointment so will see. ironically the glasses I first looked at were a £180 oakley pair which were the most expensive anyway so they may not need to up sell me!!!! but will see wot happens. ..
I was going to get 2 for 1 deal as they would do first pair for me and second for the missus, but after the faf in the shop, that went by the wayside
Original Poster
had my eye test yesterday and was told no change so no new glasses......vouchers saved, money saved all round good deal!!!

had my eye test yesterday and was told no change so no new … had my eye test yesterday and was told no change so no new glasses......vouchers saved, money saved all round good deal!!!

That's good news. Don't forget this is the last ever Tesco double up instore if you want to use your vouchers but you can still save them as use them with the 3x partners or face value instore in the future.
Edited by: "ashopaholic123" 23rd May 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions