Are the 20mph digital speed cameras working 24hrs a day in London?

Found 28th Mar 2016
Went through one today. I don't think it flashed
Community Updates
15 Comments
I go through speed cameras all the time as well and they never flash.
I go through them all the time and they never flash, mind you I don't break the speed limit so that could be why.
cecilmcroberts

I go through speed cameras all the time as well and they never flash.

Well obviously not, because you didn't state if you were speeding past them.
PraxxtorCruel

Well obviously not, because you didn't state if you were speeding past … Well obviously not, because you didn't state if you were speeding past them.

Nor did the OP.
If you google it - it says Transport for London digital camera's operate 24/7
where in London? I live in London and I've not seen any 20mph cameras! mind you I'll probably see it after I've been through it.
Some of the newer cameras do not have to flash. We have them around here, they do not only get your car plate but take a close up of the driver too.
Edited by: "Argoj" 28th Mar 2016
^^ modern cameras don't flash.
I'd say I was doing 24mph given a 10% tolerance I broke the limit. Anyone been done by a 20mph camera in London?
adhkarzf

where in London? I live in London and I've not seen any 20mph cameras! … where in London? I live in London and I've not seen any 20mph cameras! mind you I'll probably see it after I've been through it.

​There's one in Old Street, where you pass Shell Petrol Pump and Argos. Another towards Holloway Road.
It was Holloway Rd on route to Wembley
They've been replacing a whole bunch of the old skool GATSOs with their updated digital models in town. They flash.

Isnt the threshold 10% +2mph still? And aren't our speedo's under reporting true road speed?
ShahAli21

​There's one in Old Street, where you pass Shell Petrol Pump and Argos. A … ​There's one in Old Street, where you pass Shell Petrol Pump and Argos. Another towards Holloway Road.

​Oh thank god I live in East London so no where near me.
adhkarzf

​Oh thank god I live in East London so no where near me.

East London needs these new cameras more than any other part of London. The driving here is appauling. As much as I dislike PCNs, this area needs it urgently.

Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 29th Mar 2016
popolou

They've been replacing a whole bunch of the old skool GATSOs with their … They've been replacing a whole bunch of the old skool GATSOs with their updated digital models in town. They flash.Isnt the threshold 10% +2mph still? And aren't our speedo's under reporting true road speed?

I think your bang on there, maybe the op can test their speedo by getting an app, called something like "gps speedometer" or a satnav should show current speed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions