Are the Ebay fees are monthly deducted?

Found 4th Apr
Hi peeps,
I sold two items recently on ebay mounting to 200 pounds and now the ebay is chargong me 27 pounds from my paypal. I have no intention to sell anything else in the near future on ebay. Is this a one off charge or do theu continue to charge me the same amoint every month from my account?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
eBay charge you 10% of all sales, and then PayPal take a cut too (in this case, the £7). This only applies when you actually sell an item, so if you never sell again, you will never pay again.

(Savvy sellers wait for fee promotions to list high-value items, meaning you could have paid £9 instead of £27, but it's a little late for that now!)
It's the commission fee for your sale. If you don't sell anything you don't get charged so no.

They take 10% for each transaction.
Edited by: "hearts22" 4th Apr
Ebay fees are due monthly and are taken in arrears, usually on the card/paypal account linked to your account. You pay an insertion fee (unless a free or special priced offer) and a final value fee on each sale.

Paypal take the fee as the money is deposited. The fee (for a standard account) is 20p fixed fee (which isn't refunded if you refund the sale) and a 3.4% transaction fee (assuming £to£).
Edited by: "windym" 4th Apr
And Paypal is owned by eScam who force you to accept it as a payment method. A fact that the Consumer/Competition authorities should have stamped on long ago but dismally failed on. eScam is, after all, a monopoly.
Ferris2 h, 58 m ago

eBay charge you 10% of all sales, and then PayPal take a cut too (in this …eBay charge you 10% of all sales, and then PayPal take a cut too (in this case, the £7). This only applies when you actually sell an item, so if you never sell again, you will never pay again.(Savvy sellers wait for fee promotions to list high-value items, meaning you could have paid £9 instead of £27, but it's a little late for that now!)

Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often "pay £1 fee" (they always go hot) but they only last a day normally? So you'd have to sell your item the day it starts basically? could u confirm this? Always been confused by this. Many thanks
machomansavage10 m ago

Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often …Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often "pay £1 fee" (they always go hot) but they only last a day normally? So you'd have to sell your item the day it starts basically? could u confirm this? Always been confused by this. Many thanks

No you don't, you have 30 days to sell it from the day of listing on a buy now. So if say the £1 listing starts today , you list it today for 30 days max hoping it will sell in that time.
caverncity17 m ago

No you don't, you have 30 days to sell it from the day of listing on a buy …No you don't, you have 30 days to sell it from the day of listing on a buy now. So if say the £1 listing starts today , you list it today for 30 days max hoping it will sell in that time.

Hey thanks for reply man, that being the case when u read title it normally says starts today ends tomorrow. I thought that always sounded crazy lol
machomansavage42 m ago

Hey thanks for reply man, that being the case when u read title it …Hey thanks for reply man, that being the case when u read title it normally says starts today ends tomorrow. I thought that always sounded crazy lol

The £1 listing lasts two to three days, you have to list in that time, then you have upto 30 days to sell. Just keep a note of what you list, you can download the item numbers but make sure it has recognised your listing as a £1 one.
machomansavage6 h, 37 m ago

Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often …Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often "pay £1 fee" (they always go hot) but they only last a day normally? So you'd have to sell your item the day it starts basically? could u confirm this? Always been confused by this. Many thanks

There's a trick I use when If I haven't got time/too lazy I will do a rough listing, I will put up a picture and do a 30 day listing and ask a stupid amount. Then in my own time I will alter the listing i.e take proper pictures and change the list price or maybe change the 30 day fix price to a 7/10 day auction (upto you), you'll still get your £1 FVF and not pay the usual 10%.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 4th Apr
RiverDragon81 h, 42 m ago

There's a trick I use when If I haven't got time/too lazy I will do a …There's a trick I use when If I haven't got time/too lazy I will do a rough listing, I will put up a picture and do a 30 day listing and ask a stupid amount. Then in my own time I will alter the listing i.e take proper pictures and change the list price or maybe change the 30 day fix price to a 7/10 day auction (upto you), you'll still get your £1 FVF and not pay the usual 10%.

I click "sell one like this" not only does this hammer in the views but auto populates all the fields. Also helps u get to top of EBay listing
Unless its a rare or unusual item, anything likely to sell for around £100 is best selling locally, Facebook, Gumtree etc, cash is king.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions