Are the Ebay fees are monthly deducted?

Found 4th Apr
Hi peeps,
I sold two items recently on ebay mounting to 200 pounds and now the ebay is chargong me 27 pounds from my paypal. I have no intention to sell anything else in the near future on ebay. Is this a one off charge or do theu continue to charge me the same amoint every month from my account?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
eBay charge you 10% of all sales, and then PayPal take a cut too (in this case, the £7). This only applies when you actually sell an item, so if you never sell again, you will never pay again.

(Savvy sellers wait for fee promotions to list high-value items, meaning you could have paid £9 instead of £27, but it's a little late for that now!)
It's the commission fee for your sale. If you don't sell anything you don't get charged so no.

They take 10% for each transaction.
Edited by: "hearts22" 4th Apr
Ebay fees are due monthly and are taken in arrears, usually on the card/paypal account linked to your account. You pay an insertion fee (unless a free or special priced offer) and a final value fee on each sale.

Paypal take the fee as the money is deposited. The fee (for a standard account) is 20p fixed fee (which isn't refunded if you refund the sale) and a 3.4% transaction fee (assuming £to£).
Edited by: "windym" 4th Apr
And Paypal is owned by eScam who force you to accept it as a payment method. A fact that the Consumer/Competition authorities should have stamped on long ago but dismally failed on. eScam is, after all, a monopoly.
Ferris2 h, 58 m ago

eBay charge you 10% of all sales, and then PayPal take a cut too (in this …eBay charge you 10% of all sales, and then PayPal take a cut too (in this case, the £7). This only applies when you actually sell an item, so if you never sell again, you will never pay again.(Savvy sellers wait for fee promotions to list high-value items, meaning you could have paid £9 instead of £27, but it's a little late for that now!)

Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often "pay £1 fee" (they always go hot) but they only last a day normally? So you'd have to sell your item the day it starts basically? could u confirm this? Always been confused by this. Many thanks
machomansavage10 m ago

Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often …Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often "pay £1 fee" (they always go hot) but they only last a day normally? So you'd have to sell your item the day it starts basically? could u confirm this? Always been confused by this. Many thanks

No you don't, you have 30 days to sell it from the day of listing on a buy now. So if say the £1 listing starts today , you list it today for 30 days max hoping it will sell in that time.
caverncity17 m ago

No you don't, you have 30 days to sell it from the day of listing on a buy …No you don't, you have 30 days to sell it from the day of listing on a buy now. So if say the £1 listing starts today , you list it today for 30 days max hoping it will sell in that time.

Hey thanks for reply man, that being the case when u read title it normally says starts today ends tomorrow. I thought that always sounded crazy lol
machomansavage42 m ago

Hey thanks for reply man, that being the case when u read title it …Hey thanks for reply man, that being the case when u read title it normally says starts today ends tomorrow. I thought that always sounded crazy lol

The £1 listing lasts two to three days, you have to list in that time, then you have upto 30 days to sell. Just keep a note of what you list, you can download the item numbers but make sure it has recognised your listing as a £1 one.
machomansavage6 h, 37 m ago

Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often …Hi. I know the deals ur on about they get uploaded here every so often "pay £1 fee" (they always go hot) but they only last a day normally? So you'd have to sell your item the day it starts basically? could u confirm this? Always been confused by this. Many thanks

There's a trick I use when If I haven't got time/too lazy I will do a rough listing, I will put up a picture and do a 30 day listing and ask a stupid amount. Then in my own time I will alter the listing i.e take proper pictures and change the list price or maybe change the 30 day fix price to a 7/10 day auction (upto you), you'll still get your £1 FVF and not pay the usual 10%.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 4th Apr
RiverDragon81 h, 42 m ago

There's a trick I use when If I haven't got time/too lazy I will do a …There's a trick I use when If I haven't got time/too lazy I will do a rough listing, I will put up a picture and do a 30 day listing and ask a stupid amount. Then in my own time I will alter the listing i.e take proper pictures and change the list price or maybe change the 30 day fix price to a 7/10 day auction (upto you), you'll still get your £1 FVF and not pay the usual 10%.

I click "sell one like this" not only does this hammer in the views but auto populates all the fields. Also helps u get to top of EBay listing
Unless its a rare or unusual item, anything likely to sell for around £100 is best selling locally, Facebook, Gumtree etc, cash is king.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants