Groups

Are the HUKD mods going a bit over the top? Please give me your opinion!

Banned
    The thread linked below was closed due to apparent continuous bumping of a thread?? Well for a start the moderator andywedge is claiming that my space meant for pictures (which i haven't got round to adding) is a bump and it was posted about 3 seconds after the original post so can't of really bumped it that much, he's also saying that me thanking someone is a bump aswell? On top of that i've had everyone of my threads closed recently for cross promotion?(please look through my threads) Just to add... the thread there refering to was moved to misc by a mod... I'm starting to feel like i'm being picked on and i won't have it. I would like to hear what other peoples opinions are and if anyone else also feels the moderators are being unfair. I would also like my thread re-opened if that's possible. Thankyou all.

47 Comments

rules is rules, 3 bumps... not allowed

Original Poster Banned

bigflump;6014874

rules is rules, 3 bumps... not allowed

That's true but is the picture space being posted two seconds after the OP a bump?
    and thanking someone?

Not sure about the posts quoted as bumps, but it was far from a FS/FT thread, but a discussion thread that should've been in "Misc". Good job mods.

thanking someone is...send them a pm to thank them or leave rep and a pm...dont post on the thread.
    picture post is still a bump if you never use that post for pictures regardless of when it was posted in relation to the OP

thesaint;6014902

Not sure about the posts quoted as bumps, but it was far from a FS/FT … Not sure about the posts quoted as bumps, but it was far from a FS/FT thread, but a discussion thread that should've been in "Misc". Good job mods.

agreed very much so a discussion thread.

i can never understand why you cant add everything you need to add in the first post, seems a bizzare way of having to do 2 posts to get across something you could have done in the 1st one :thinking:

awoodhall2003;6014904

thanking someone is...send them a pm to thank them or leave rep and a … thanking someone is...send them a pm to thank them or leave rep and a pm...dont post on the thread.picture post is still a bump if you never use that post for pictures regardless of when it was posted in relation to the OP

I think AW got the picture post incorrect. If someone subsequently asked for a picture, then their request should've been counted as a bump.

My opinion is.. the mods were right to lock your thread bump1, bump2 etc

thesaint;6014928

I think AW got the picture post incorrect. If someone subsequently asked … I think AW got the picture post incorrect. If someone subsequently asked for a picture, then their request should've been counted as a bump.

that applies as well, but im sure ive seen others penalised for making a post for photos but not using it.

Banned

Response to follow.

Banned

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, however there is no need for the OP to get twitchy whilst awaiting a response, however we'll deal with the other issue directly with Loading.....

Meanwhile I'll confirm that the correct decision was taken to lock the thread, however the quoted posts may have led to some confusion. For the purposes of the OP and since it's public I'll quote the posts and let it be known where the actual bumps took place and the posts where we consider proxy bumps to have occurred.

Loading.....;6008412

pictures here

Reserved post - not required yet, so no bump should be counted. If a pic was posted elsewhere then that post would be the bump. However that scenario is irrelevant to this thread.

Loading.....;6008505

hmm, i have no idea about this warranty thing. I've just checked the seal … hmm, i have no idea about this warranty thing. I've just checked the seal and it's been broke(not by me). [COLOR=DarkRed]What's the requirements for the warranty?[/COLOR]

The above post is a response to a previous question. This would not normally be a bump, however as the OP is now asking questions regarding his item for sale, responses to this question will now be deemed as bumps. It's only a matter of time before this descends into a misc type chat. In order to prevent this happening in the future, the OP should be aware of the full facts relating to items for sale.

spobby;6008521

seal shows console hasn't been tampered with , basically meaning if the … seal shows console hasn't been tampered with , basically meaning if the seals broke no microsoft repair

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 1 - Proxy[/COLOR]

GAVtheRAV;6008525

Seal needs to be intact for warranty. If it's not then MS will assume the … Seal needs to be intact for warranty. If it's not then MS will assume the console has been modded/tampered etc. You do mean the seal on the console has been broken and not the seal on the box right?

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 2 - Proxy[/COLOR]

ALICOM007;6008544

just stick a warranty sticker on and send it of.

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 3 - Proxy[/COLOR]

GAVtheRAV;6008601

Where would one find a warranty sticker? And wouldn't MS pick up on the … Where would one find a warranty sticker? And wouldn't MS pick up on the fact that someones stuck a fresh sticker over a broken one?

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 4 - Proxy[/COLOR]

quosh;6008946

Obviously peel the old sticker off first m8!You'll also need to make sure … Obviously peel the old sticker off first m8!You'll also need to make sure it's not been butchered at the back by someone trying to open it previously

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 5 - Proxy[/COLOR]

Loading.....;6008975

Yes the seal underneath the faceplate has been broke. Could anyone tell … Yes the seal underneath the faceplate has been broke. Could anyone tell me where i'd find a seal? Thanks

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 6 - Proxy.
    [COLOR=Black]
    More questions from the OP. Questions are normally raised by interested buyers, not sellers.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    bobdylan;6009007

Available on all well known auction sites :thumbsup:

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 7 - Proxy

[/COLOR]
    Loading.....;6009203

Thanks mate:thumbsup: that's the route i'll go down if no ones intrested … Thanks mate:thumbsup: that's the route i'll go down if no ones intrested in buying.

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 8 - Proxy[/COLOR]

Loading.....;6010632

bump 1

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 9 [/COLOR]

Loading.....;6013719

bump 2

[COLOR=DarkRed]
    Bump 10[/COLOR].

[COLOR=Black]The OP encouraged posts to their own thread, by means of asking questions. Advice here would be for the seller to do their homework before listing, perhaps raise a question in misc (albeit wait a further 7 days before listing).

Members posting in threads would normally be deemed to be threadspoiling if not participating in the sale. As the OP has instigated this it would be unfair to apply this rule to the current thread.

Finally, we don't always quote every bump used, sometimes it's just enough to highlight that more than 3 have occurred. Apologies for the confusion but I hope the above clarifies the situation.
    [/COLOR]

Banned

yes lol me and my partner got banned wrongfully lol all fixed now, remember mod's there is a note on the system me and my partner share the same internet connection lol

Yes I got banned cos my son joined! same ip addy, so he left

Original Poster Banned

I don't now what your instituating by "getting twitchy" but i can assure i won't sweat
    It's clear that you and andywedge have different ideas on the matter as he clearly stated in the thread what he deemed as bumps... it seems someone hasn't been doing there homework or maybe someone else is studying to hard? I see what you saying about my questions but i can assure you that was not my intention, my intention was only to find out the answer to my question. You have gave me a better understanding of the situation but i still feel you need to give a bit more leeway not just to me but to everyone that make this website what it is....and that's not just yourselfs.

jeez wasnt even a bad word, it you wont win against the mods., only decent one is jb
    ^^^^^ THERE WAS A ***** HERE BUT IT MADE ME LOOK BAD SO I EDITED IT

IS THAT BETTER!!!!!!

Banned

Loading.....;6015184

I don't now what your instituating by "getting twitchy" but i can assure … I don't now what your instituating by "getting twitchy" but i can assure i won't sweat :)It's clear that you and andywedge have different ideas on the matter as he clearly stated in the thread what he deemed as bumps... it seems someone hasn't been doing there homework or maybe someone else is studying to hard? I see what you saying about my questions but i can assure you that was not my intention, my intention was only to find out the answer to my question. You have gave me a better understanding of the situation but i still feel you need to give a bit more leeway not just to me but to everyone that make this website what it is....and that's not just yourselfs.

The twitchy reference was aimed at your multiple thread creations in order to get a response. The normal channel would have been to go via the "Contact Us" route and await a response.

You must bear in mind that every post on your thread(s) which has been deemed to be a bump in excess of the maximum 3 allowed, puts the very members you highlighted at a disadvantage as your thread promotes itself above theirs. I'm glad we share the same concerns.

Mods, whilst trying to be multi-functional, have their own dedicated areas to manage. AndyWedge's primary role is in deals, however he will lend a hand whenever time permits to other areas. Whilst the quoted post may have led to the confusion, continuing this discussion leaves you clutching at straws as the correct decision was taken to lock.

But like it wasnt his fault those members replied.

MarzBarz;6015281

But like it wasnt his fault those members replied.

"It wasn't his fault they replied?" :?

He asked questions, of course they replied.

thesaint;6015290

"It wasn't his fault they replied?" :?He asked questions, of course they … "It wasn't his fault they replied?" :?He asked questions, of course they replied.

that many people, anyways i wasnt talking to you.

Banned

MarzBarz;6015267

jeez wasnt even a bad word, it you wont win against the mods., only … jeez wasnt even a bad word, it you wont win against the mods., only decent one is jb

Nice edit - but too slow.

i've had a thread closed too cuz i replied to people in it, only twice mind you. My thread was only up like an hour. I'm not gonna mention one mod in particular's name but he is VERY lock thread happy. As for using the contact us thing, tried that, got no reply. To answer the original question, yes i think they're going a bit over the top. Only just lately though.

aScottishBloke;6015293

Nice edit - but too slow.

Thats cos it was starred out u muppet and it made me look bad

EDIT and before you say it was bad, take a look at some of threads going on misc.

MarzBarz;6015292

that many people, anyways i wasnt talking to you.

I know, it's a public forum, so you were talking to everyone.

thesaint;6015300

I know, it's a public forum, so you were talking to everyone.

ok cleverclogs, im out of this thread,

Banned

MarzBarz;6015296

Thats cos it was starred out u muppet and it made me look badEDIT and … Thats cos it was starred out u muppet and it made me look badEDIT and before you say it was bad, take a look at some of threads going on misc.

The swear filter had to kick in in order to censure your comments.

aScottishBloke;6015314

The swear filter had to kick in in order to censure your comments.

Meh..

Yet we're allowed a Horny thread?

:thinking:

Original Poster Banned

If i awaited a response it would have been an infraction and suspension for a few days for breaking a rule i didn't intentionally break. To your next comment...again i have not purposely over bumped any of my threads which i why i'm protesting so don't even try to make me look like the bad guy, "deal anarchy from the masses" sez it all and "i'm glad we share the same concerns"? i can picture you sitting there saying it:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1554/mrburnswallpaper.gif

Three other things:

1) i was not meant to take a dig at andywege, from dealing with him he SEEMED a decent guy,

2) i've copied this whole thread so you never know when it might pop up to haunt you

3) "clutching at straws" i don't take kindly to threats or facts as your probably say.

Good night!

HUKD = Serious Business

I must agree that from what I've read on the forum the 'Contact Us' button rarely elicits a response.

Even when I PM'd you the other day aScottishBloke, that didn't get a response so I can see why the OP felt the need to start a thread.

I'd be grateful if the thread below could be reopened so that feedback can be left?

The thread in question is this one: hotukdeals.com/ite…hts

t0mm;6015326

Meh..Yet we're allowed a Horny thread?:thinking:

+1 million

Original Poster Banned

Also forgot, thanks MarzBarz and all the other real gentlemen.

Loading.....;6015356

Also forgot, thanks MarzBarz and all the other real gentlemen.

He's suspended, but i'm sure he's happy he got involved.

thesaint;6015361

He's suspended, but i'm sure he's happy he got involved.

I'm sure you know better than to talk about suspended members, especially with a snyde comment like that..

Banned

n1ck09;6015337

I must agree that from what I've read on the forum the 'Contact Us' … I must agree that from what I've read on the forum the 'Contact Us' button rarely elicits a response.Even when I PM'd you the other day aScottishBloke, that didn't get a response so I can see why the OP felt the need to start a thread.I'd be grateful if the thread below could be reopened so that feedback can be left?The thread in question is this one: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/457848/2-xbox-360-both-have-3-red-lights

My reasons for locking are in the thread. There is no deal agreed that I can see for you to leave feedback. It's worth a read for anyone thinking mods are too tough. Far too many posts are demoted in a competitive forum due to the minority who shout loudest but comply the least.

oh hey look at this another thread complaining about some facet of a site that's purely voluntary to use

alert the presses

DudeyGeeza;6015379

I'm sure you know better than to talk about suspended members, especially … I'm sure you know better than to talk about suspended members, especially with a snyde comment like that..

Oh noes!!!

Banned

dregan;6015395

oh hey look at this another thread complaining about some facet of a site … oh hey look at this another thread complaining about some facet of a site that's purely voluntary to usealert the presses

I dont know why the mods bother, i dont think its paid. it must consume loads of time... just look what ASB had to revise and highlight/qoute etc just in this case.... no thank you

but fair play

DangerGod;6015400

I dont know why the mods bother, i dont think its paid. it must consume … I dont know why the mods bother, i dont think its paid. it must consume loads of time... just look what ASB had to revise and highlight/qoute etc just in this case.... no thank youbut fair play

+1 good job mods :thumbsup:

DangerGod;6015400

I dont know why the mods bother, i dont think its paid. it must consume … I dont know why the mods bother, i dont think its paid. it must consume loads of time... just look what ASB had to revise and highlight/qoute etc just in this case.... no thank youbut fair play

I wonder if they are...... Good point DG :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767139
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047072
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1836

See more discussions