Are the instagram hotukdeals competitions legit?

Posted 28th May
I love the instagram competition on the hotukdeals instagram page, its a bit of fun for a freebie and the comments are a laugh!

But i've seen other instagram pages run a a rigged competition in order to get loads of comments and follows when they are not really picking at random (i.e. influencers picking their friends). I'm not saying HotUKDeals is a shady instagram influencer, but it would be cool to know that its 100% fair and not someone picking their mates mate, or distant family friend with some proof when selecting.

Other pages have negated the idea that it's fake by hosting Instagram Lives where the user live streams the selection process using a random comment selector, and even makes a small event out of it! It's a win-win for the page, and the followers.

Is there any chance something similar could happen for non-believers like me? I love the competition don't get me wrong, but i've seen so many rigged that it just puts me off the IG page despite me loving HotUKDeals.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Its all a scam
Hey @nja1 I can absolutely assure you that no part of any competition on Instagram or hotukdeals is ever rigged or pre-determined.

We give away tens of thousands of pounds worth of prizes every year and have done for many years. I make this point because how to run competitions is something we've been doing for quite a while now.

It is quite easy to export comment data from Instagram and then be able to pick a winner by using a random number generator instead of scrolling and stopping.
Jason28/05/2020 21:13

Hey @nja1 I can absolutely assure you that no part of any competition on …Hey @nja1 I can absolutely assure you that no part of any competition on Instagram or hotukdeals is ever rigged or pre-determined. We give away tens of thousands of pounds worth of prizes every year and have done for many years. I make this point because how to run competitions is something we've been doing for quite a while now. It is quite easy to export comment data from Instagram and then be able to pick a winner by using a random number generator instead of scrolling and stopping.

Haven't still given my cinema codes.. after repeated complaints and speaking with u
dave.richardsonskV29/05/2020 12:27

Haven't still given my cinema codes.. after repeated complaints and …Haven't still given my cinema codes.. after repeated complaints and speaking with u

Our Marketing Manager emailed you to claim the code. It was from his direct email so if you did not receive it it would have gone into spam/junk most likely.

In any event he has given me a code for you to redeem. Check your private message on site here for it.
Jason29/05/2020 13:45

Our Marketing Manager emailed you to claim the code. It was from his …Our Marketing Manager emailed you to claim the code. It was from his direct email so if you did not receive it it would have gone into spam/junk most likely. In any event he has given me a code for you to redeem. Check your private message on site here for it.

That was nice thanks
I sometimes question myself if the flamedeer HKUD competitions rigged
adamnsu30/05/2020 15:34

I sometimes question myself if the flamedeer HKUD competitions rigged

No need to question yourself...just ask me
Jason31/05/2020 09:02

No need to question yourself...just ask me

I know the answer you are going to provide
Post a comment
@
    Text