Groups

Are the kids back at school on Monday?

Are the kids back at school on Monday or has anyone got a teacher training day?

Thanks

21 Comments

Mine are back, but each area will be different I suppose

Yeh mine back too.

Banned

Hopefully :giggle:

Peace in my garden :thumbsup:

Tuesday here, inset day Monday

SuperEd

check on the schools website ?

Yay! mine are back Monday!

Mine have a teacher training day. That's after virtually the whole class had ten days off for chicken pox, and a weeks half term... Shoulda been a teacher me.

Original Poster

Dam it. I am off to Alton Towers on Monday and Tuesday and was hoping that all schools would be back on the Monday. However I then remembered that when I was at school after nearly all school holidays the first day back became a teacher training day.

Mine is back on Monday - I Think/Hope, better check now!!!

mine back Moanday & what exactly is teachers training day :thinking: never had that in my day !!!

mine are back, my friends are back on tuesday

richp;8765858

mine back Moanday & what exactly is teachers training day :thinking: … mine back Moanday & what exactly is teachers training day :thinking: never had that in my day !!!

state schools have them. does what it says on the tin!

richp;8765858

mine back Moanday & what exactly is teachers training day :thinking: … mine back Moanday & what exactly is teachers training day :thinking: never had that in my day !!!

also known as an in-service day:thumbsup:

we were planning alton towers on wednesday but realised that theres still quite a lot of schools of that week so going week after

Original Poster

magicdamo;8766330

we were planning alton towers on wednesday but realised that theres still … we were planning alton towers on wednesday but realised that theres still quite a lot of schools of that week so going week after

What schools? No schools are off that week still (I checked before booking). Only problem might be the Monday but I have now bought loads of fastrack tickets!

richp;8765858

magicbeans;8766237

state schools have them. does what it says on the tin!

yeah ours had one just before term ended & my mates kids had one just before term ended & another one on monday. :thinking:

Mine are not back till wednesday...2 training days

theres a few schools in manchester that are off,kings road primary is definately off but there is quite a few more as well

richp;8765858

Like the Moanday hehe.

An 'inset day', originally an acronym for IN-SErvice Training day is one of a series of five days in most English, Welsh and Northern Irish schools during which school sessions are not required to be run, and the pupils do not attend school. On the inset day, the staff are required to attend training or complete administration tasks.
    en.wikipedia.org/wik…day - saved me the effort :-D

I and many others teaching at that time, will always think of them as 'Baker Days' as they were introduced in the 1988 Education Act by Kenneth Baker. He took them from the holidays, not the term times! Guess you left school before 1988 or had a private education or your memory is fading:w00t:

Banned

starsparkle2311;8767002

LMAO Those pesky scouts still waiting for their pennies from bob a job … LMAO Those pesky scouts still waiting for their pennies from bob a job week?Pay them, problem solved:thumbsup:

I love kid's but when I am surrounded by trampolines and swings in my little haven I don't like them

Banned

You can tell the kid's are bored in their bedrooms on this forum :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      2. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11
      3. word association Game74044540
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218
      5. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2467

See more discussions