Are there any bank accounts which allow you to fund by Direct Debit?

Found 17th Mar
For satisfying accounts which need direct debits.

TIA.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
34 Comments
Why not set up a standing order to move the money back and forth?
You could open a Revolut account.
I've used them for ages now and they give you a bank account number and sort code.
Original Poster
bozo0073 h, 9 m ago

Why not set up a standing order to move the money back and forth?

I need Direct Debits.
Original Poster
stefromuk55 m ago

You could open a Revolut account.I've used them for ages now and they give …You could open a Revolut account.I've used them for ages now and they give you a bank account number and sort code.

Does this allow you to set up Direct Debits to take money from my other accounts?
@whoMODStheMODS

"Are there any bank accounts which allow you to fund by Direct Debit? For satisfying accounts which need direct debits."

My first thought was; yes, any current account at any high street bank & even some that do not have a high street presence.

Set-up a direct debit mandate instruction to transfer funds to your intermediary (holding) account from your "funding" (source) account to cover the outgoings.

Set-up mandates with each of the eventual recipients as required.

However, I am assuming I do not understand the question, or you are laundering money.

I am also presuming that you do not wish to simply set-up direct debits to take funds from your source account to the eventual recipients.
fanpages12 m ago

@whoMODStheMODS "Are there any bank accounts which allow you to fund by …@whoMODStheMODS "Are there any bank accounts which allow you to fund by Direct Debit? For satisfying accounts which need direct debits."My first thought was; yes, any current account at any high street bank & even some that do not have a high street presence.Set-up a direct debit mandate instruction to transfer funds to your intermediary (holding) account from your "funding" (source) account to cover the outgoings.Set-up mandates with each of the eventual recipients as required.However, I am assuming I do not understand the question, or you are laundering money.I am also presuming that you do not wish to simply set-up direct debits to take funds from your source account to the eventual recipients.

He just wants to set up direct debits to get some switch incentive I assume and usually the bank requires that you have a certain amount of direct debits active on the account you want to switch.
He's asking if this can be done by just setting up direct debits to pay himself and not some external company etc as you normally do. He maybe can't set up a normal direct debit as he's got no bills to pay through direct debit etc.

I don't see any money laundering.
hearts221 h, 8 m ago

He just wants to set up direct debits to get some switch incentive I …He just wants to set up direct debits to get some switch incentive I assume and usually the bank requires that you have a certain amount of direct debits active on the account you want to switch.He's asking if this can be done by just setting up direct debits to pay himself and not some external company etc as you normally do. He maybe can't set up a normal direct debit as he's got no bills to pay through direct debit etc. I don't see any money laundering.

Assuming your summary is what is going on, as there is precious little information to work with in the thread description then, yes, you can authorise the transfer of funds between accounts back'n'forth every day of the week, if you wanted to do that.
fanpages1 h, 21 m ago

@whoMODStheMODS "Are there any bank accounts which allow you to fund by …@whoMODStheMODS "Are there any bank accounts which allow you to fund by Direct Debit? For satisfying accounts which need direct debits."My first thought was; yes, any current account at any high street bank & even some that do not have a high street presence.Set-up a direct debit mandate instruction to transfer funds to your intermediary (holding) account from your "funding" (source) account to cover the outgoings.Set-up mandates with each of the eventual recipients as required.However, I am assuming I do not understand the question, or you are laundering money.I am also presuming that you do not wish to simply set-up direct debits to take funds from your source account to the eventual recipients.

Wth cannot be serious
MR11234 m ago

Wth cannot be serious

The original question, or my response?
You cannot be a direct debit originator but you can set up standing orders. Can't believe this is a serious post tho.
fanpages17 m ago

Assuming your summary is what is going on, as there is precious little …Assuming your summary is what is going on, as there is precious little information to work with in the thread description then, yes, you can authorise the transfer of funds between accounts back'n'forth every day of the week, if you wanted to do that.

We won't know exactly until OP clarifies if I'm right.

I think he should just set up direct debits to some charity for like £1. Best way to satisfy the requirement.
Even the lottery can be paid by direct debit!
Edited by: "hearts22" 17th Mar
davewave4 m ago

You cannot be a direct debit originator but you can set up standing …You cannot be a direct debit originator but you can set up standing orders. Can't believe this is a serious post tho.

Well, you can, if one of your accounts is a Company (business) account.

As I said above, it's difficult to know what the heck the intention is here.
hearts225 m ago

We won't know exactly until OP clarifies if I'm right.I think he should …We won't know exactly until OP clarifies if I'm right.I think he should just set up direct debits to some charity for like £1. Best way to satisfy the requirement.Even the lottery can be paid by direct debit!

Assuming the original poster is still online & may actually form a complete question soon, as you responded to another question just under ten minutes ago...

[ hotukdeals.com/dis…6 ]
fanpages3 m ago

Well, you can, if one of your accounts is a Company (business) account.As …Well, you can, if one of your accounts is a Company (business) account.As I said above, it's difficult to know what the heck the intention is here.

Yeah but you need to be able to run a decent sized and reasonably successful company to be a DDO with pukka accounts, I would be surprised if that's the case here.
davewave5 m ago

Yeah but you need to be able to run a decent sized and reasonably …Yeah but you need to be able to run a decent sized and reasonably successful company to be a DDO with pukka accounts, I would be surprised if that's the case here.

Me too, but I was just responding from experience.
whoMODStheMODS2 h, 10 m ago

Does this allow you to set up Direct Debits to take money from my other …Does this allow you to set up Direct Debits to take money from my other accounts?

I will be brave and say no, on the basis that the beneficiary of a DD is usually an organisation that has proven an ability to handle funds appropriately and guaranteed all manner of procedures for extracting monies from consumers - that is not the domain of a consumer bank account. Best you can hope for from a consumer bank account is to be the beneficiary of a standing order.
Is the question you are asking in relation to Tesco Bank changes?
fanpages43 m ago

Good grief![ https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/whoMODStheMODS/discussions …Good grief![ https://www.hotukdeals.com/profile/whoMODStheMODS/discussions ]Are there any banks you have not had an account at previously?

Hmm I was interested by the line...I work in the food industry in a warehouse.

Very unlikely to qualify as a DDO
Original Poster
Thanks all. No money laundering. Yes, it's in response to Tesco Bank no longer allowing funding by Direct Debits. The question is because I need 10 Direct Debits for various accounts where money is circulating for interest. Hope that clarifies it and sorry for lack of details.
Original Poster
Will go charity route as mentioned and done previously before learning of Tesco trick. I am a tight arse. Thanks everyone again.
Original Poster
hearts221 h, 55 m ago

We won't know exactly until OP clarifies if I'm right.I think he should …We won't know exactly until OP clarifies if I'm right.I think he should just set up direct debits to some charity for like £1. Best way to satisfy the requirement.Even the lottery can be paid by direct debit!

Thanks. With regards to lottery can it be done monthly or does it have to be weekly?
whoMODStheMODS36 m ago

Thanks. With regards to lottery can it be done monthly or does it have to …Thanks. With regards to lottery can it be done monthly or does it have to be weekly?

"Playing continuously by Direct Debit will enter your numbers automatically every week and it is paid for by Direct Debit every month."
Original Poster
hearts2215 m ago

"Playing continuously by Direct Debit will enter your numbers …"Playing continuously by Direct Debit will enter your numbers automatically every week and it is paid for by Direct Debit every month."

Thanks.
The post office you can pay £1.00 Direct Debit hope this help's.
Original Poster
BIG.MICHAEL3 m ago

The post office you can pay £1.00 Direct Debit hope this help's.

Thanks. Looked at this before. I think it says one account per person. But I have read that other people have managed to open more than one as long as the linked debit account for each is different. Do you know if this is true?
fanpages17th Mar

Assuming your summary is what is going on, as there is precious little …Assuming your summary is what is going on, as there is precious little information to work with in the thread description then, yes, you can authorise the transfer of funds between accounts back'n'forth every day of the week, if you wanted to do that.

no you can't. you cant just "direct debit" to whoever you please.
mikeyrobbo20 m ago

no you can't. you cant just "direct debit" to whoever you please.

Direct Debits between appropriate parties are different to transferring funds between (your own, or somebody else's) accounts.
fanpages22nd Mar

Direct Debits between appropriate parties are different to transferring …Direct Debits between appropriate parties are different to transferring funds between (your own, or somebody else's) accounts.

I know.
mikeyrobbo6 m ago

I know.

In that case, please read the thread again.

Thanks.
fanpages19 h, 17 m ago

In that case, please read the thread again.Thanks.

No. You need to read it again. OP wants bank accounts he can set a direct debit up to go into from the accounts which offer rewards when you have direct debits going out of them.

You said any current account at any high street bank can do this which is wrong. It's very rare for a regular Joe on the street to be able to have direct debits coming in to a personal account (non business ) .
You either didn't read the question or have no idea what direct debits are.
mikeyrobbo24 m ago

No. You need to read it again. OP wants bank accounts he can set a direct …No. You need to read it again. OP wants bank accounts he can set a direct debit up to go into from the accounts which offer rewards when you have direct debits going out of them. You said any current account at any high street bank can do this which is wrong. It's very rare for a regular Joe on the street to be able to have direct debits coming in to a personal account (non business ) .You either didn't read the question or have no idea what direct debits are.

Yes, OK, we'll go with that. I didn't read the question &/or have no idea what direct debits are.

We can both be wrong.

Satisfied now?
Original Poster
mikeyrobbo15 h, 45 m ago

No. You need to read it again. OP wants bank accounts he can set a direct …No. You need to read it again. OP wants bank accounts he can set a direct debit up to go into from the accounts which offer rewards when you have direct debits going out of them. You said any current account at any high street bank can do this which is wrong. It's very rare for a regular Joe on the street to be able to have direct debits coming in to a personal account (non business ) .You either didn't read the question or have no idea what direct debits are.

fanpages15 h, 21 m ago

Yes, OK, we'll go with that. I didn't read the question &/or have no idea …Yes, OK, we'll go with that. I didn't read the question &/or have no idea what direct debits are.We can both be wrong.Satisfied now?

Don't argue please. From 'research' I've only found a few that allow or did allow so I think both of you are right. Thanks for your time.
whoMODStheMODS2 h, 28 m ago

Don't argue please. From 'research' I've only found a few that allow or …Don't argue please. From 'research' I've only found a few that allow or did allow so I think both of you are right. Thanks for your time.

...but there is a difference between a Company/Business Current Account & a Private/Individual (or Joint) Current Account.

I think that is what we are really disagreeing about but, OK, point taken.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants