are there any charities you can give to using credit from your mobile?

Found 4th Feb 2012
im with o2 and top up £15 a month to get free texts and internet. i barely make phone calls so the money is mounting up. i now have £93 in credit which is just going to waste. i would love to donate some to charity but dont know of any which takes the money off your phone
Community Updates
MiscMobilesMobile Phone
34 Comments
There are lots that do, which kind of charity were you thinking of?

Your text here
Edited by: "simplex" 4th Feb 2012
an animal charity
oooh sickly sweets charity??
plumberman01

oooh sickly sweets charity??

what charity is that? and how would i donate?
hotukdeals.com/mis…108

here look? she is always selling her own stuff for charity bless her xx
took some understanding but i get it now. its a fab idea and will look into it, but for now im just wanting to donate some of the money i already have on my mobile as opposed to buying sims and donating that way
donna-lou

took some understanding but i get it now. its a fab idea and will look … took some understanding but i get it now. its a fab idea and will look into it, but for now im just wanting to donate some of the money i already have on my mobile as opposed to buying sims and donating that way

Try MAC-UK, it's a mental health charity based in Camden, which helps deprived young people.
donna-lou

took some understanding but i get it now. its a fab idea and will look … took some understanding but i get it now. its a fab idea and will look into it, but for now im just wanting to donate some of the money i already have on my mobile as opposed to buying sims and donating that way

That's a lovely idea.
It is super easy to text donate to charity if they have a justgiving page.
My charity justgiving pages are for Action for ME, and then I have ASBAH and Diabetes UK, but all you need is the individual's unique code and then you can donate directly from your sim's phone credit.
If you want some help finding out more then if you PM me as I can give you some pointers if you have a specific charity in mind.
What a lovely thing you are doing
no she just has a justgiving to donate and you can use text-ask her?
sickly sweet

That's a lovely idea.It is super easy to text donate to charity if they … That's a lovely idea.It is super easy to text donate to charity if they have a justgiving page.My charity justgiving pages are for Action for ME, and then I have ASBAH and Diabetes UK, but all you need is the individual's unique code and then you can donate directly from your sim's phone credit.If you want some help finding out more then if you PM me as I can give you some pointers if you have a specific charity in mind.What a lovely thing you are doing

its fab shes lovely
simplex

There are lots that do, which kind of charity were you thinking of?Your … There are lots that do, which kind of charity were you thinking of?Your text here

just donated £5. thanks simplex. will donate to some more if anyone knows any
I know this is a good way to 'use' your credit, but why dont you stop topping up until you have used it all, you may not need to top up for a while then. Not that I don't want you to give it to charity.
sickly sweet

That's a lovely idea.It is super easy to text donate to charity if they … That's a lovely idea.It is super easy to text donate to charity if they have a justgiving page.My charity justgiving pages are for Action for ME, and then I have ASBAH and Diabetes UK, but all you need is the individual's unique code and then you can donate directly from your sim's phone credit.If you want some help finding out more then if you PM me as I can give you some pointers if you have a specific charity in mind.What a lovely thing you are doing

if you can pm me the numbers to text with the codes i will give £5 to all 3 of your charities. if i can the charity i would love to donate some to is the pdsa
asayer

I know this is a good way to 'use' your credit, but why dont you stop … I know this is a good way to 'use' your credit, but why dont you stop topping up until you have used it all, you may not need to top up for a while then. Not that I don't want you to give it to charity.

because i easily use more than £15 worth in texts and internet each month so would be silly not to top up
donna-lou

if you can pm me the numbers to text with the codes i will give £5 to all … if you can pm me the numbers to text with the codes i will give £5 to all 3 of your charities. if i can the charity i would love to donate some to is the pdsa

Thank you ever so much, that's so kind.
I'll have a look and see if I can also find out the information for PDSA and include that in the PM.
Thanks again
donna-lou

just donated £5. thanks simplex. will donate to some more if anyone knows … just donated £5. thanks simplex. will donate to some more if anyone knows any

Text AHCL11 followed by £1, £2, £5, £10 (whichever amount you to donate) to 70070.

Your whole donation will go to Alder Hey Imagine Appeal and you will not be charged anything extra

this one? close to my heart xxx
sickly ive just given to your ME page, but could you send me codes for the other 2?

plumberman will donate now.

altogether i want to donate £50 of my credit so will donate £5 to 10 charities. if anyone can find out how to donate via text to the pdsa i will donate an additional £10 to them making the total £60
donna-lou

sickly ive just given to your ME page, but could you send me codes for … sickly ive just given to your ME page, but could you send me codes for the other 2? plumberman will donate now.altogether i want to donate £50 of my credit so will donate £5 to 10 charities. if anyone can find out how to donate via text to the pdsa i will donate an additional £10 to them making the total £60

I have done, and will help with the PDSA one as well, as per the PM I sent you
plumberman ive tried 3 times to give to alder hey but i just keep getting a text saying the code couldnt be recognised =(
donna-lou

plumberman ive tried 3 times to give to alder hey but i just keep getting … plumberman ive tried 3 times to give to alder hey but i just keep getting a text saying the code couldnt be recognised =(

aww sorry.....i want to set one up myself sickly has sent me details just have the LO still off school so not time to concentrate on doing it
What about Postpals? An amazing charity who have to raise all funds themselves and is run by people who are ill themselves. postpals.co.uk You need to text PALS00 followed by £2, £5 or £10 to the number: 70070
Edited by: "BrightSoul" 4th Feb 2012
plumberman01

aww sorry.....i want to set one up myself sickly has sent me details just … aww sorry.....i want to set one up myself sickly has sent me details just have the LO still off school so not time to concentrate on doing it

if you do set one up once little one is better and back to school just let me know and will donate once its up and running
plumberman01

aww sorry.....i want to set one up myself sickly has sent me details just … aww sorry.....i want to set one up myself sickly has sent me details just have the LO still off school so not time to concentrate on doing it

Do you want me to set one up as an intrim solution on my account and then when you get yours sorted then use that instead?
I'll do that tonight for you, I just need a quick shower before supper and then I'm free to help
sickly sweet

I have done, and will help with the PDSA one as well, as per the PM I … I have done, and will help with the PDSA one as well, as per the PM I sent you

£10 now donated. will regularly donate to this one in this way so thanks sickly for setting it up =)
BrightSoul

What about Postpals? An amazing charity who have to raise all funds … What about Postpals? An amazing charity who have to raise all funds themselves and is run by people who are ill themselves. http://www.postpals.co.uk You need to text PALS00 followed by £2, £5 or £10 to the number: 70070

just tried to donate but got reply saying that ive exceeded daily limit, which must be £30 as thats how much ive given altogether.
will be back online again on wednesday (due to working 12 hour shifts over the next 3 days) so will donate again then. as i said, i would donate £50 between 10 charities then £10 to pdsa on top. have another 6 charities to donate £5 to so please let me know suggestions and the codes to text and will donate again on wednesday. thanks so much everyone for helping me to donate £30 tonight
Edited by: "donna-lou" 4th Feb 2012
sickly sweet

Do you want me to set one up as an intrim solution on my account and then … Do you want me to set one up as an intrim solution on my account and then when you get yours sorted then use that instead?I'll do that tonight for you, I just need a quick shower before supper and then I'm free to help

i cant pretend to know what you're on about lol anything that helps!
plumberman01

[i cant pretend to know what you're on about lol anything that helps!

Haha, sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted me to set up a justgiving page for Alder Hey in my justgiving account until you have the time to set up your own one?
Or if it would help and you would like, I could set up an account for you, just PM me your email addy and I'll set it all up for you and also set up the text donation stuff as well. You can then change the password etc to whatever you want, I'd just set it up and then it's all yours.
My friends little boy is suffering from neuroblastoma and were trying to raise money to get the treatment he needs in America this is the link to his page.
Text THOM97 to 70070 any about between 1-10 pounds its a good cause, he has a face book page too it's,Thomas Cammck Appeal thanks
sickly sweet

Haha, sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted me to set up a justgiving … Haha, sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted me to set up a justgiving page for Alder Hey in my justgiving account until you have the time to set up your own one?Or if it would help and you would like, I could set up an account for you, just PM me your email addy and I'll set it all up for you and also set up the text donation stuff as well. You can then change the password etc to whatever you want, I'd just set it up and then it's all yours.

What an angel thank you!! have pmed and when it is up and running i can do my donation and hopefully Donna too. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
alixxx

My friends little boy is suffering from neuroblastoma and were trying to … My friends little boy is suffering from neuroblastoma and were trying to raise money to get the treatment he needs in America this is the link to his page.Text THOM97 to 70070 any about between 1-10 pounds its a good cause, he has a face book page too it's,Thomas Cammck Appeal thanks

omg hun when my son was in hospital there was a 10mth old had it..she had 6 lots of chemo and an op to remove the last of it. I hope he is ok and it can be quickly treated. xxxxxxxxxx
Just looked Thomas Cammack..hes so cute xx
Edited by: "plumberman01" 5th Feb 2012
He is cute, he's my sons little friend there the same age ide hate to think we were in that situation so trying my best to help raise funds and awareness so he can get better,xxx
alixxx

My friends little boy is suffering from neuroblastoma and were trying to … My friends little boy is suffering from neuroblastoma and were trying to raise money to get the treatment he needs in America this is the link to his page.Text THOM97 to 70070 any about between 1-10 pounds its a good cause, he has a face book page too it's,Thomas Cammck Appeal thanks

£5 donated. still another 5 charities to go so please make more suggestions
donna-lou

£5 donated. still another 5 charities to go so please make more … £5 donated. still another 5 charities to go so please make more suggestions

Plumberman's page is all set up now, I'll see if I can PM you the details
EDIT: I PM'd some details but am not 100% sure I have the text code right, so Plumberman can you just confirm it please? If you send me the code as well I'll chase up that mystery donation (well, 2 actually) which I sent to the page but were never received/donated.

sickly sweet

Plumberman's page is all set up now, I'll see if I can PM you the details … Plumberman's page is all set up now, I'll see if I can PM you the details :)EDIT: I PM'd some details but am not 100% sure I have the text code right, so Plumberman can you just confirm it please? If you send me the code as well I'll chase up that mystery donation (well, 2 actually) which I sent to the page but were never received/donated.

£5 donated. still another 4 charities to give to. will wait another hour and if no more suggestions will donate the remaining £20 to pdsa
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions