Groups

Are there any free basic book keeping software anyone can recommend for pc ?

as above .. Thanks in advance

6 Comments

for a business or just personal?

Either way for a business i'd use Gnucash, It's a solid piece of software, For personal try Money Manager Ex.

Or excel (spreadsheet software) plenty of free already compiled accounting examples which can be tweaked to fit your needs

Is it to do home accounts ? or software with invoices etc?
    I've used an early version of Quicken for nearly 20 years for my home accounts . It lets you add as many accounts as you like , bank accounts ,credit card accounts etc and tracks them . All the information has to be fed manually into the software .ie no direct link to your bank accounts on line. You can set up directs debits etc and you get the notifications when you start the program.It has password protection too. I use the version that was designed for Windows 95 and came on 2 floppy disks, it still works fine on the operating system I'm using now ..............Windows 7 .

Original Poster

many thanks for your replies, it's actually for a museum that my sister in law works at , she is a volunteer and does the books, so it's for a business really.

g_p_t

many thanks for your replies, it's actually for a museum that my sister … many thanks for your replies, it's actually for a museum that my sister in law works at , she is a volunteer and does the books, so it's for a business really.

beginner-bookkeeping.com/exc…tml

smartsheet.com/top…tes

Just two of many links for free spreadsheets
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…66
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      4. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44

See more discussions