Groups
    EXPIRED

Are there any other digital tv packages?

looking up on bt vision sky + etc are there any others that do these type services?

our freeview reception is crap and bt told me that i wouldnt get much more of an experience if i went with their bt vision box, cant really justify paying over the odds for sky and we dont live in a fibre optic cable area in order to receive virgin.

any other providers out there that are decent and worth the money?

any help appreciated

10 Comments

if you cant get cable or freeview then sky is about all you have left?

Original Poster

DAMNOME

if you cant get cable or freeview then sky is about all you have left?

I was hoping that wouldnt be the case

we are in same situation but we are with sky atm
    i was thinking of changing to bt vision they are cheaper than sky

what about freesat ? freesat.co.uk/

freesat / tiscali

If your freeview reception is crap, get a stronger aerial... When we moved in our tv would only pick up 10 channels and they were very poor quality. Put in a new aerial (stronger and with boosters) and now get all channels in perfect quality).We paid £150 for ours and now have BT vision.
    Edited by: "faevilangel" 30th Aug 2010

Original Poster

edjaned

we are in same situation but we are with sky atmi was thinking of … we are in same situation but we are with sky atmi was thinking of changing to bt vision they are cheaper than sky

i think bt is better value for money than sky as a mate has it and it has decent channels

richp

what about freesat ? www.freesat.co.uk/

thanks for the link ill look at the website now

faevilangel

freesat / tiscaliIf your freeview reception is crap, get a stronger … freesat / tiscaliIf your freeview reception is crap, get a stronger aerial... When we moved in our tv would only pick up 10 channels and they were very poor quality. Put in a new aerial (stronger and with boosters) and now get all channels in perfect quality).We paid £150 for ours and now have BT vision.

when we moved in we had to put a new aerial up as our the old 1 was broke and have a booster and that only gave us the basic channels 1-5 + itv 2 more 4 and cbeebies and a few others. i think its more to do with the surroundings etc as to why the channels we get are limited

what area r u in?

Banned

faevilangel

freesat / tiscaliIf your freeview reception is crap, get a stronger … freesat / tiscaliIf your freeview reception is crap, get a stronger aerial... When we moved in our tv would only pick up 10 channels and they were very poor quality. Put in a new aerial (stronger and with boosters) and now get all channels in perfect quality).We paid £150 for ours and now have BT vision.

or just get a booster from argos for about a fiver. Ours didnt pick up; much and was choppy but a booster fixed it all.

Banned

BTW, the bt vision box accesses movies and tv content (excluding freeview channels) via broadband

radioandtelly.co.uk/btv…tml

Banned

what about freesat?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions