Expired

Are there any plumbers online?

Found 26th Dec 2013
We are just about to head out to a family get together and I have just gone to run the hot water and it is completely cold. We have a Range Tribune He system and I believe it is an unvented system. However, I have just gone to the tank and noticed that the pressure is at 0. I have no idea how to increase the pressure as it is nothing like my old combi system in my old house where i used a tool fitted to the underside of the boiler!

Does anyone have any idea? I would really appreciate it as I am reluctant to call a plumber as the house is only 3 months old, so it is covered still by the developer but as it is boxing day there is no answer!

Here are a couple of pics of our system.

Many Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
31 Comments
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/brettytopbanana/20131226_154205.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/brettytopbanana/20131226_154234.jpg
whats the little black lever with the tag on it in pic 1
says FILLING LOOP

id go with that
I have no idea, I have turned that quarter of the way as it is connected the hose that goes to the are where the pressure valve is.
no idea other than that.

im afraid your gonna freeze to death
i have turned both valves, the one with the tag and the other one.
tried turning both those valves at same time?
no the thing is, we have heating, the heating system works fine. It is hot water that is the problem.
jamstar, yes I have tried turning them at both the same time. im just not sure if there is something else I should be releasing.
Is it only one hot water outlet or all of them?

If it's just one is it a mixer tap sometimes a faulty mixer valve can let the cold water mix with hot causing the problem.
there is no hot water coming out of any tap in the house. not even the shower.
http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/I+can+t+stop+looking+at+this+gif......and+i+don+t+know+_8542654db67a59627f9e3d8041ae923c.gif
whatsThePoint

having read the manual it appears to be … having read the manual it appears to be brokenhttp://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/...00.../Range_Tribune_Installation.pdf‎

My combi boiler has been going strong for about 11 or so years. Is that good?
Elton Chong

My combi boiler has been going strong for about 11 or so years. Is that … My combi boiler has been going strong for about 11 or so years. Is that good?

yeah

its the old saying

if it aint broke, dont fix it
Elton Chong

My combi boiler has been going strong for about 11 or so years. Is that … My combi boiler has been going strong for about 11 or so years. Is that good?

Yes but it wont be anywhere near as efficient as a modern one. Might be worth looking into. Loads of grants out there
To answer your question OP, you need to turn the filling loop valve (as someone else mentioned).

You should hear the water filling and then the pressure gauge should start increasing. You want it to be at about 1.5 bar pressure (in the green zone)

There may well be a leak somewhere in the system, so keep an eye on the pressure, if it keeps dropping, then thats your problem, and as you say contact the developer.

HTH
markq

To answer your question OP, you need to turn the filling loop valve (as … To answer your question OP, you need to turn the filling loop valve (as someone else mentioned).You should hear the water filling and then the pressure gauge should start increasing. You want it to be at about 1.5 bar pressure (in the green zone)There may well be a leak somewhere in the system, so keep an eye on the pressure, if it keeps dropping, then thats your problem, and as you say contact the developer.HTH

he has tried the filling loop. so looks like a general breakdown
im gna keep my boiler going for as long as i can
I have turned the valve by the filling loop but it doesnt make a sound at all. nothing seems to happen.
I have also checked all the rads in the house and there is no leak.
Havince

he has tried the filling loop. so looks like a general breakdown

But he didnt say how long he tried it for/did he hear water filling etc

But yeah sounds like a fault rather than pressure
Elton Chong

im gna keep my boiler going for as long as i can

Thats what I thought with my ex! oO
brettytopbanana

I have turned the valve by the filling loop but it doesnt make a sound at … I have turned the valve by the filling loop but it doesnt make a sound at all. nothing seems to happen.I have also checked all the rads in the house and there is no leak.

You are gonna have to get the developer in asap then. Are they a big developer as maybe they have an emergency contact number?

Good luck getting it sorted quickly
they do have a customer care number and the plumber I think lives relatively close by so it shouldnt be too difficult to get him back on site.
brettytopbanana

I have turned the valve by the filling loop but it doesnt make a sound at … I have turned the valve by the filling loop but it doesnt make a sound at all. nothing seems to happen.I have also checked all the rads in the house and there is no leak.

You have to turn both valves on for it to fill .. are they both turned on?...
I u don't know what u r doing and u start messing about with it ,you'll end up with no heating as well as no hot water.
the filling loop is for the rads
As stated above the filling loop and red expansion vessel are for the heating side. The hot water side will have a 2 port valve somewhere and that is probably at fault. There will be a lever on it and you could move it to manual and let the water through, the only problem with this is you will have to set it back to auto once the Hot water demand has been satisfied.

Your heating side should be on atleast 1.5 bar and this is achieved by opening the filling loop as previously described. If this pressure is too low then the boiler will shut off as a precautionary measure. You need to contact the developer ASAP, they should have someone in the office tomorrow.

As a temporary measure, there should be an electric immersion heater fitted within the cylinder. There will be a spur in the cupboard which will be off, if you switch it on the water should be hot after an our or so.

EDIT: The small white box with the dial on it shown in the last picture, the one with the dial on it. Remove the small black round cover to expose the thermal cutout, if this has been activated, it will need pushing back in. This could be holding the system off.
Edited by: "mickey77" 26th Dec 2013
The filling loop is for the heating and hot water, sealed system that is connected, you need to open both valves until the needle goes to 1 - 1 1/2 bar, there will then be a reset button on the cylinder as it will have cut out due to overheating / no water in system, if the water pressure doesn't go up when opening both valves then the non return valve on the filling loop is faulty
did you get sorted?
I am just about to give customer care a call.
You're welcome...
Edited by: "souljacker" 28th Dec 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants