Groups

Are there better spec laptops around this price?

I'm looking for a laptop around 700-800, maybe a little more if it was worth it. I want to use it for some video editing, photo editing and some light gaming. Just wondering for the price could I get any better laptops?

forgot to post the deal im currently looking at:

saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.…tml

Thanks.

6 Comments

better than...? I always check dell outlet, have some great deals from time to time

Something with an i5 a prossesor and 16gig of ram should be more than enough for what you want.

Original Poster

wayners

Something with an i5 a prossesor and 16gig of ram should be more than … Something with an i5 a prossesor and 16gig of ram should be more than enough for what you want.

@wayners would I need a graphics card?

hudneb123

@wayners would I need a graphics card?

A dedicated GPU will improve the time it takes to compile a video when editing and will obviously improve your gaming performance, a dedicated GPU however has no effect on photo editing.

7th Gen i5's/i7's have onboard Iris HD 620/630 GPU's which are capable with 4-5 year old games at 1080p and newer games at 720p low/medium settings but for anything more than this a dedicated card will be required.
    Edited by: "dozstanford" 27th Jan

Original Poster

dozstanford

A dedicated GPU will improve the time it takes to compile a video when … A dedicated GPU will improve the time it takes to compile a video when editing and will obviously improve your gaming performance, a dedicated GPU however has no effect on photo editing.7th Gen i5's/i7's have onboard Iris HD 620/630 GPU's which are capable with 4-5 year old games at 1080p and newer games at 720p low/medium settings but for anything more than this a dedicated card will be required.

thank you, I appreciate you explaining this for me
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      2. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      3. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?33

See more discussions