Are there likely to be better console deals in January?

12 replies
Found 26th Dec 2014
I often buy electrical items in the sales and usually the best deals on quality current stuff is boxing day, with pretty much no deals in January unless it's old crap that they're clearing out.

What usually happens with the console sales? Are the todays deals likely to be as good as it gets, or are there likely to be further reductions over the next month?

1. Ask
  2. Console
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Console
12 Comments

How long is a piece of string.
Deals will always get better over time so it's just a case of jumping in when the price is right!!

Original Poster

nacho99

How long is a piece of string.Deals will always get better over time so … How long is a piece of string.Deals will always get better over time so it's just a case of jumping in when the price is right!!

Obviously prices go down over time. I'm talking about the sale period over the next few weeks. On one of the PS4 deal threads, someone posted that there are always further price cuts in January. Just wondering if other people have seen that in the past, because it doesn't seem to happen with other sales goods.

Spacehduk

Obviously prices go down over time. I'm talking about the sale period … Obviously prices go down over time. I'm talking about the sale period over the next few weeks. On one of the PS4 deal threads, someone posted that there are always further price cuts in January. Just wondering if other people have seen that in the past, because it doesn't seem to happen with other sales goods.

PS4 prices are controlled by Sony. Unlike TV's/phones/laptops, the only competition is the Xbox at his moment in time.
Keep an eye on both and set yourself a min/max price.
Buy it as soon as it hit's your min price but wait a bit when it goes bellow your max price.
If you still have not got it by end of 2nd of Jan, expect prices to go up.
Just talking from my own experience with what has happened in the past.
I can't predict the future but while competition is limited, so will be the price drops.

i doubt the PS4 will go down in price

it has been trumped by some superb Xbox One deals over this festive period and has held pretty solid with its price point, so when the inevitable happens and the Xbox One returns to normal price, the PS4 will start to flourish again in terms of attracting casual console buyers

Price will go down after getting whopped by xbox and wii u over Xmas.

I asked a similar question Re ps4s on black Friday. I reckon recent Argos and game deals beat the majority of bf deals.

If shops are still looking to shift stock in January then they might throw an additional game in or change a cheap game to a dearer one ( ie minecraft out, far cry4 in).

Is the official rrp still 349.99? If so I'm puzzled where the reduction has come from, Sony or the retailers. I'd guess the latter as it hasn't been uniform, although the aforementioned Argos and game might have got a discount off Sony for x amount of units

kingtreelo

i doubt the PS4 will go down in priceit has been trumped by some superb … i doubt the PS4 will go down in priceit has been trumped by some superb Xbox One deals over this festive period and has held pretty solid with its price point, so when the inevitable happens and the Xbox One returns to normal price, the PS4 will start to flourish again in terms of attracting casual console buyers

Microsoft and Sony both know there is no competition right now (lets see if Nintendo will shake things soon!!) .

benjammin316

Price will go down after getting whopped by xbox and wii u over Xmas.

Some people like Xbox and some people like PS4.
Pricing is not about what we like but the market.
I prefer a PC rather than a console but if one is dropping prices, then I would think they are worried and want to get more sales?
Like I said, I'm not taking sides, just saying it's best to not take sides and keep a middle ground.

nacho99

Some people like Xbox and some people like PS4.Pricing is not about what … Some people like Xbox and some people like PS4.Pricing is not about what we like but the market.I prefer a PC rather than a console but if one is dropping prices, then I would think they are worried and want to get more sales?Like I said, I'm not taking sides, just saying it's best to not take sides and keep a middle ground.

Not taking sides, I have all 3 consoles and a gaming pc =)

nacho99

Microsoft and Sony both know there is no competition right now (lets see … Microsoft and Sony both know there is no competition right now (lets see if Nintendo will shake things soon!!) .

you can already buy a barebones Wii U for 149.99, i doubt they can afford to drop the price lower than that, and even if they do, it wont attract the sort of customers that are looking to purchase a new console to play games on

i would take a big guess in saying that more than 60% of Wii U's have been bought by parents for children

benjammin316

Not taking sides, I have all 3 consoles and a gaming pc =)

If you have all 3, well done as I wish I had time to use all 3 :o)
I have none so I have to bow to your experience and advice.

nacho99

If you have all 3, well done as I wish I had time to use all 3 :o)I have … If you have all 3, well done as I wish I had time to use all 3 :o)I have none so I have to bow to your experience and advice.

I don't have time. I wish I did.

I can only speak for myself however
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions