Groups

Are there petrol stations near Faro airport?

Probably reaching out to a very limited audience here but has anyone ever hired a car at Faro airport?

We have hired one for mext month and we must fill the petrol back before we return it back at the airport on the last day of our holiday.

Are there petrol stations near to the airport that we can get the fuel on our drive back to the airport?

32 Comments

Banned

ffs sake

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=petrol+stations+near+faro+airport&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=petrol+stations&hnear=0xd0552b04da7999b:0x2144551e63673b47,Faro+Airport+(FAO),+Portugal&ei=lOC8UK-oGO3L0AX87YDwCg&sqi=2&ved=0COUBELYD

Yes, there's a 24hr one at the airport.
    IIRC it's on the way to the car rental area.

Yes, right next door.

Be careful which pump you go to though - some you have to queue in the shop first and prepay before you take your fuel.

It's on the roundabout as you get back to the airport

Banned

miikeyblue

Be careful which pump you go to though - some you have to queue in the … Be careful which pump you go to though - some you have to queue in the shop first and prepay before you take your fuel.

nah fill up and do a runner .. makes the holiday go with a bang

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Be careful which pump you go to though - some you have to queue in the … Be careful which pump you go to though - some you have to queue in the shop first and prepay before you take your fuel.

are the prepay ones signed in english?

dog_cop

ffs sake … ffs sake https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=petrol+stations+near+faro+airport&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=petrol+stations&hnear=0xd0552b04da7999b:0x2144551e63673b47,Faro+Airport+(FAO),+Portugal&ei=lOC8UK-oGO3L0AX87YDwCg&sqi=2&ved=0COUBELYD

For **** sake sake?

Sense, perfect makes.

mutley1

are the prepay ones signed in english?

I dunno. If they're not they should be, timewasting pieces of carp... Think it's the ones on the left hand side as you pull on to the forecourt...

Original Poster

miikeyblue

I dunno. If they're not they should be, timewasting pieces of carp... … I dunno. If they're not they should be, timewasting pieces of carp... Think it's the ones on the left hand side as you pull on to the forecourt...

how do you know about this? were you caught out?

Banned

miikeyblue

I dunno. If they're not they should be, timewasting pieces of carp... … I dunno. If they're not they should be, timewasting pieces of carp... Think it's the ones on the left hand side as you pull on to the forecourt...

if they are anything like Spain.. they should be self explanatory

just in case

pictures for the helpless

http://luzportugal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Petrol-Station.jpg

mutley1

how do you know about this? were you caught out?

Yea. Couldn't be bothered to move the car either so just got on with it.

dog_cop

if they are anything like Spain.. they should be self explanatory just in … if they are anything like Spain.. they should be self explanatory just in case pictures for the helpless

Too late for me!

Banned

Mutley would you like any advice on driving a left hand drive car ?

Banned

which car hire company are you using as most want the car back near empty?

They then do the usual Spanish / Portuguese trick of charging you £100+ for fuel when you pick it up

also, most only offer collision damage waiver but dont make it clear that you still have to pay the excess (up to £2000 e.g. easycar).

Original Poster

dog_cop

if they are anything like Spain.. they should be self explanatory just in … if they are anything like Spain.. they should be self explanatory just in case pictures for the helpless

what does that big block mean?

Original Poster

dog_cop

Mutley would you like any advice on driving a left hand drive car ?

i would guess same as a right hand drive one except i'd be sitting on the passenger side.

mutley1

what does that big block mean?

FREE FUEL!! WOOP WOOP!!

Banned

mutley1

i would guess same as a right hand drive one except i'd be sitting on the … i would guess same as a right hand drive one except i'd be sitting on the passenger side.

correct and the pedals for clutch and brake are different too

Edited by: "dog_cop" 3rd Dec 2012

Original Poster

csiman

which car hire company are you using as most want the car back near … which car hire company are you using as most want the car back near empty?They then do the usual Spanish / Portuguese trick of charging you £100+ for fuel when you pick it upalso, most only offer collision damage waiver but dont make it clear that you still have to pay the excess (up to £2000 e.g. easycar).

from recommendations, maybe even from you, economycarhire.com
    they say that we are expected to put the fuel back otherwise we will be charged for fuel used at a higher rate due to admin charge.

Original Poster

dog_cop

correct and the pedals for clutch and brake are different too

are you saying that the clutch is on the right and the gas on the left?

Banned

the petrol trick

we used argus car hire and stipulated we did not want to pay for fuel on arrival in Spain, where they rip you off for fuel as well.. so we paid for what we used an no more

mutley1

Yup that's right.

Banned

mutley1

from recommendations, maybe even from you, economycarhire.comthey say … from recommendations, maybe even from you, economycarhire.comthey say that we are expected to put the fuel back otherwise we will be charged for fuel used at a higher rate due to admin charge.

Good move! They are the best by far (full CDW, EDW) and no rip-off fuel policy

FYI, worst ones are carhire2000, arguscarhire & malagacars

When are you going?

Banned

mutley1

no we got an automatic and sat in the back seat to drive

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Yup that's right.

i hadn't factored this into my thinking as i have never driven a left hand drive car before. i hope i'll cope alright.

miikeyblue

When are you going?

Yup, we want some peace. Oh and hunt flamedeer without you Mutters

Original Poster

miikeyblue

When are you going?

over the christmas period.

Banned

mutley1

i hadn't factored this into my thinking as i have never driven a left … i hadn't factored this into my thinking as i have never driven a left hand drive car before. i hope i'll cope alright.

and dont forget.. they drive on the left hand side of the road ...

so my helpful tip for you .. at no cost

[img]t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSora7kMeKpBFkCdkpEnm0cjwjShgo43XAfupJP5ZjSATyNbjpdf8t4xgjwWQ[/img]

Original Poster

stop winding me up guys.
    mikey just told me their pedals are the same as ours.

Banned

mutley1

stop winding me up guys.mikey just told me their pedals are the same as … stop winding me up guys.mikey just told me their pedals are the same as ours.

and remember to go round the round about`s the other way
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2137
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30123
      3. Spotify Family Premium share823
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616

See more discussions